Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months (5153 Views)

||scam Alert!!! Firs Scam Email (firs Tax Clearance Certificate.. Issued For ~ / Nigeria’s Tax Revenue To GDP Ratio Rises To 7% / FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:37am On Jul 16, 2018
I agree with you, but that's because our tax system is not effective. If all tax revenues are to be collected 100%, oil money will be chicken change.
jideflash:
Nice. Oil is still the highest contributor.
Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by grandstar(m): 8:40am On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:
Milking Igbo businesses to feed Northerners and Afonjas. Go to Onitsha, Aba and NNewi and see them harrasing Igbo businesses everyday. My uncle has this small spare parts shop, but I was shocked when he showed me over half a million paid in tax. I asked him if you pay this much in tax, how much does the distributor or importer pay? He that big shop there is a major importer and pays over 10 million in import duties and taxes a month. I almost fainted!

The FIRS collects federal taxes not state.

Those harassing your traders are from the state.

Import duty is paid on the value of goods imported and many of these importers under declare or find ways to under pay

1 Like

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by Academicwizman(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:
Milking Igbo businesses to feed Northerners and Afonjas. Go to Onitsha, Aba and NNewi and see them harrasing Igbo businesses everyday. My uncle has this small spare parts shop, but I was shocked when he showed me over half a million paid in tax. I asked him if you pay this much in tax, how much does the distributor or importer pay? He that big shop there is a major importer and pays over 10 million in import duties and taxes a month. I almost fainted!

Most of those businesses are either unregistered or registered as a business name (not company). Therefore, they pay Personal Income Tax (PIT) and not Company Income Tax (CIT). The State Governments are the one collecting PIT based on 'residency rule' and 'tax rate table' (except for the FCT). That is why Lagos alone contributes more than 40% of the CIT accruing to the Federal Government because there are so many companies in Lagos State.

So, looking at it from the tax perspective, it is the 'Afonjas', as you call them, that are feeding the rest of Nigeria.
However, from my own perspective, every part of the country is contributing its own quota to the development of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by jrusky(m): 9:17am On Jul 16, 2018
When you guys in FIRS, Nigeria port authority, Custom dept, NNPC, EFCC comes up with bogus figures like these I just laugh pls who are you guys trying to deceive or impress You are making such thunderous amount to govt purse and Nigeria still like these? You must be kidding.

Even the govt parastatals dropping bogus figure pls just go to any of their offices to see how reckless, some no toilet, some offices no door, uniform faded, booth has bend, no fan etc tankless the masses even enjoying their bogus figure. The govt did nothing, no serious project if their is any at all, poor salary, all infrastructure decayed, no stable power, no good road, education is in grave, economy of hunger pls where did all your heavenly kingdom bogus trillions enters. Be deceiving yourselves trying to impress a failure.

Quote me if you like but pls provide good proof where the bogus cash is sink to pls good and verify evidence or remain silent forever.
Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by bluecircle470: 9:17am On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:

Your brother has been evading tax remittances before so let him continue to pay it now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by mckazzy(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2018
Thank God you didn't faint angry

benben1000:
Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by CoolAmbience(m): 9:26am On Jul 16, 2018
zeedof:
Tired of all these figure abeg. I am working I can't afford Tokunbo, I can't afford wedding expenses... and this people keep mentioning invisible figure to us that is only visible to them only

Oga, if you can't afford a Tokunbo car or wedding expenses....that one concern you. People are getting married plus buying brand new cars, week after week.

Nigeria's progress can't be measured on one man. This administration has been incredible with her revenue diversification initiatives, especially as it relates to tax receipts optimization.

1 Like

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by watchindelta(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2018
spirit
Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by CoolAmbience(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:

Perhaps, you think you are talking to illiterates like ....

If the taxes he pays aren't commensurate with his revenues, do you think he would still be in the business over the period he had been in it? Aren't tax expenses included when marking up cost prices? Or is your Uncle running a charity spare parts business?

My friend, go and sit down with the baseless ethnic 'dummy' you are attempting to 'sell' here. Taxes are never based on ethnicity but productivity.

And before you call me a Northerner or an Afonja, I am a bonafide indigene of Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by ferking(m): 9:53am On Jul 16, 2018
hmmmm well! Nigeria is begining to grow but we have not started because if we begin to fan ourself with this figure, it means we are fooling ourselves because if you convert it to other performing currency of the world in whom we trade with the out come will be penut,and it will make nonesence of our economy,but nevertheless it's a welcome development.
Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by blackgig(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:

Below are taxes collected by:

FIRS.

Companies Income Tax (CIT)
Petroleum Profit Tax(PPT)
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Personal Income Tax (PIT)
Withholding Tax (WHT)
Educational Tax (EDT)
Stamp Duties (STD)
Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
National Information Technology Development Fund (NITDF) Levy

SBIRS

Personal Income Tax
Capital Gains Tax (Individuals only)
Stamp duties
Business Premises levy
Hotel occupancy and Restaurant Consumption Tax
Capital Gains Tax (Individuals only)

Local Govt.

Shops and Kiosks rates
Tenement rates
On and Off Liquor License fees
Slaughter slab fees
Marriage, birth and death registration fees
Naming of street registration fees, excluding any street in the State Capital
Right of Occupancy fees on lands in the rural areas, excluding those collectible by the Federal and State Governments.
Markets taxes and levies excluding any market where State finance is involved
Motor park levies
Domestic animal license fees
Bicycle, truck canoe wheelbarrow and cart fees, other than a mechanically propelled truck
Cattle tax payable by cattle farmers only
Merriment and road closure
Radio and television license fees (other than radio and television transmitter)
Vehicle radio license
Wrong parking charges
Public convenience, sewage and refuse disposal fees.
Customary burial grounds permit fees
Religious places establishment permit fees.
Signboard and Advertisement permit fees.

source: https://www.taxprof.com.ng/tax-administration-collection-in-nigeria/

So where does your uncle's shop fall ?

1 Like

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by DanielPop(m): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2018
Stop believing lies!

The report is nothing but propaganda from the APC. The target for FIRS in 2018 is 6.7 trillion https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-set-n6-7-trillion-target-for-firs-in-2018.html How does the collection to date give you 75%? This is question 1. Question two - Do you know that in 2012, total tax collection by the FIRS was 5 trillion while the budget was 4 trillion? Visit their website for the information before you start posting propaganda here. I will leave you with a report on their collection from their website....

post=69419770:
This is never happened before in the history of the country.
Some people will feel sick instantly seeing this good news!
God bless President Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by Jaideyone(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:
which taxes are your 2x2 shops paying? yorubas dominate the corporate world in Nigeria!!! that's where the taxes come from not your 2x2 shop with 500k tax you lied about

1 Like

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by deeone10: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:

they still make profit that's why they are still in business
Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by Iziquiel(m): 10:28am On Jul 16, 2018
Deeldorado:
Nigeria is actually the worst performing economy in the world in terms of ability to collect tax revenues. Nigeria's tax to GDP ratio is just 6 percent. South Africa is doing 26 per cent. With a smaller economy and population, South Africa collects about #30 trillion in a year. Their budget is also far bigger and the economy better managed. Stop celebrating mediocrity in public. Nigeria has not even started and it's shameful.
We are getting there bro..
Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by guyinlexy: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2018
Thank you...well said

jamael:

So what's the good news there? For any statistic issued by the government, there should be the corresponding effect felt by the populace.

In the history of the country, has security been this bad? Salaries have been delayed for months, Health care, Good roads, Portable water, Electricity, Economy etc has never been this bad since the history of this country.

The only things on the increase is Crime, Murder and Sucide.

Shame!
Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by greatiyk4u(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2018
jamael:

So what's the good news there? For any statistic issued by the government, there should be the corresponding effect felt by the populace.

In the history of the country, has security been this bad? Salaries have been delayed for months, Health care, Good roads, Portable water, Electricity, Economy etc has never been this bad since the history of this country.

The only things on the increase is Crime, Murder and Sucide.

Shame!

I thought only devil was a liar, but I can see I am wrong

1 Like

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by abogjohn(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:
tell ur uncle to close the shop and go find office job... Nonsense. Like we don't know how taxes work. Come here come dey lie..

1 Like

Re: FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months by Almaiga: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
benben1000:

Shattap FIRS collects money in states. Federal taxes is different from state taxes. Afonja!
See your flat head like flat Spanner. Collection of tax from local spare parts stores are conducted by States or Local Government's revenue collectors.

E be like say, you just resume Market today, I saw you and your Brothers on your way back from Ekiti to Aba yesterday. After your new leader, Fayose lost to APC. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Many Businesses Fail In Nigeria / Biz U Can Start With 60k And Get Up To 200k In Returns. / Regville - Hub Of Company Registration, Tax Matters And Other Allied Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.