Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow (4036 Views)

How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World / #happeningnow: The Official Launch Of The Iphone X In Nigeria / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by correctBlogger(m): 11:11am On Jul 16, 2018
Alright gentlemen and ladies, so its been a quite a pretty long time i posted some good stuffs here and i know some of you folks already missed me. But all the same, welcome back and how are you guys..

Well today we'll still be talking on this particular smart phone that we've been talking about for quite some time now, which is the new transparent glass body Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-6-BgBiuXyVY/WxRrC8rRYoI/AAAAAAAAAPI/6N10auudT1M_8Bwe36yt4eEzIvcRv7NkwCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-06.jpg[/img]

Now there are some pretty good spectacular stuffs about this phone like its transparent body that I already mentioned before, its Apple iPhoney X kind of design, and even all the iPhone X features that it packed into it like a 3D Face Recognition system, Portrait Lighting, 3D Animoji and others..

But today we'll be talking about one very spectacular feature that it has, but the Apple iPhone X doesn't have.. which is in in-display fingerprint reader.. But before that here are some really cool photos of the New and Transparent Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer

[img]https://2.bp..com/-_ghYhcs7i7A/WxXjy2OT9HI/AAAAAAAAAQE/2ituZUk0CNMR1rQJ0LCZnKcnmNMKtYl1gCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-04.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-Wj_uQDNF-pg/WxXj0tQ7wII/AAAAAAAAAQU/JlreDGrFTtwHLhJJ3PvSMoV_gztKVh8AQCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-09.png[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-oBydz0GMe6M/WxRrEPnDkHI/AAAAAAAAAPc/AKA44MpYrz8SZYWoYwLf6oWisQ7vdJcTACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-14.png[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-IlKyOIbdeQI/WxXjy5DEv7I/AAAAAAAAAQA/nyIJHNj-p8ssqaeTwoqaI8SZfSLJxxfBgCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-03.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-MQZ1Z6prMkc/WxXj0fe1xyI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/hy5Q2vsg__UL_-xgKSJbO7hwiB_hr6k-QCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-08.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-fR9qpawaNyg/WxXjz6Rf0pI/AAAAAAAAAQM/qKWKxpfTbYMS-vd78SLoP9itVIXJ3-MKACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-07.jpg[/img]

So right now my question remains, do you think Xiaomi has really beaten apple to the game of revolutionising the fingerprint reader on smart phones? Now before you start bringing out your stones to stone me, I already know that Xiaomi was not the first smart phone company to do something of this sort, Vivo already did it, but i just think the one on the Mi 8 Explorer is more revolutionised and better implemented.

So tell us what you think in the comments section below, and to see everything about the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer In-display Fingerprint Reader, please Follow The Link Below.. in brother shaggi's voice.. Taink You.

http://www.correctblogger.com/2018/06/xiaomi-mi-8-vs-apple-iphone-x-indepth-comparison.html
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by Lionbite(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2018
Copy copy can never be on the same level as the original
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by correctBlogger(m): 11:48am On Jul 16, 2018
Lionbite:
Copy copy can never be on the same level as the original

Lol.. but the feature being discussed here is one thing that Xiaomi didn't copy from the iPhone..
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by mustylique(m): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
the only one reason why Nigerians will prefer chinko to iPhone is lack of money..take it or accept it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by Seanpizzy10: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Where Can I Buy the xaiomi Mi 8
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
One more reason not to buy the xioami mi 8?

It's another Android phone. Lots of options out there to choose from.

One more reason to buy the iPhone x?

There is no any other iPhone out there that is better.

Let me come and be running before Dem attack me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by DeBrain045(m): 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2018
oh following

The only reason nigerians buy android is because no money for iphone

2 Likes

Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by CyberEBOLA(m): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
Samsung s9 plus is still better than both

2 Likes

Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by czarina(f): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
Good article op but why would I want to see the insides of my phone
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by skywalker495(m): 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
xaiomi
: One of the best devices I've used(and still use)
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by correctBlogger(m): 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
czarina:
Good article op but why would I want to see the insides of my phone

Lol... because you've never seen anything like it before.. grin
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by correctBlogger(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
CyberEBOLA:
Samsung s9 plus is still better than both

But i think Xiaomi takes the world cup from both when we talk of price you know...
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
correctBlogger:

But i think Xiaomi takes the world cup from both when we talk of price you know...

Yes price is cheaper but Samsung is the only company so far that gives u EVERYTHING. when I say everything I mean everything that is expected in a phone. Headphone jack check. No notch check. Water resistant check. Wireless charging check. Premium build check. Latest and greatest processor check. Great camera check. Quad hd display check. Sd card check, Iris scanner check. absolutely nothing missing from the s9 plus and this is why Samsung still sell more phones than any Android oem.

Imagine that mumu HTC released the u12 plus and selling the 64gb version for $800 plus while OnePlus 6 256gb is $630, galaxy s9 plus 128gb is around the same price. The HTC u12 plus doesn't even have wireless charging, no headphone jack and to make matters worse they didn't even include a dongle in the package. Wtf. So if I'm coming from a Samsung phone and have wired headphones, then I buy the u12 plus I don't get a dongle for $800, I need to go out there to buy a dongle. Also no always on display, the facial unlock doesn't work in low light unlike iPhone x and galaxy so plus that work even in darkness. I know some will say these are not important features but when u are paying 800-900 usd for a phone u gonna want to have those. So why would someone choose this over an s9 plus? Upon that they decided to use capacitive volume and power buttons that don't work sometimes. Tell me why they won't run down and start sacking their staff?
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by correctBlogger(m): 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
greenhulk:

Yes price is cheaper but Samsung is the only company so far that gives u EVERYTHING. when I say everything I mean everything that is expected in a phone. Headphone jack check. No notch check. Water resistant check. Wireless charging check. Premium build check. Latest and greatest processor check. Great camera check. Quad hd display check. Sd card check, Iris scanner check. absolutely nothing missing from the s9 plus and this is why Samsung still sell more phones than any Android oem.

Imagine that mumu HTC released the u12 plus and selling the 64gb version for $800 plus while OnePlus 6 256gb is $630, galaxy s9 plus 128gb is around the same price. The HTC u12 plus doesn't even have wireless charging, no headphone jack and to make matters worse they didn't even include a dongle in the package. Wtf. So if I'm coming from a Samsung phone and have wired headphones, then I buy the u12 plus I don't get a dongle for $800, I need to go out there to buy a dongle. Also no always on display, the facial unlock doesn't work in low light unlike iPhone x and galaxy so plus that work even in darkness. I know some will say these are not important features but when u are paying 800-900 usd for a phone u gonna want to have those. So why would someone choose this over an s9 plus? Upon that they decided to use capacitive volume and power buttons that don't work sometimes. Tell me why they won't run down and start sacking their staff?

Hmmm.. no be small thing.. your point is on point bro.. no doubts, with Samsung you are getting everything you paid for..
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by teelaw4life(m): 12:46am On Jul 17, 2018
Chinko will always be Chinko...
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by youngderek1(m): 1:09am On Jul 17, 2018
greenhulk:
One more reason not to buy the xioami mi 8?

It's another Android phone. Lots of options out there to choose from.

One more reason to buy the iPhone x?

There is no any other iPhone out there that is better.

Let me come and be running before Dem attack me.
go and watch youtube videos of oppo find x versus iphone x and see for urslf
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by abumeinben(m): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2018
mustylique:
the only one reason why Nigerians will prefer chinko to iPhone is lack of money..take it or accept it.
You missed bruh.

iPhone is a device let me every other. If you're a techy, then you'll stay away from iPhones. Android gives you the power to use your phone the ways you want. I've used an Apple product before. I prefer Android 100x over.

Do those who use it even know the capabilities of iPhones sef?
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 17, 2018
youngderek1:
go and watch youtube videos of oppo find x versus iphone x and see for urslf

Umm, i watched several, so is there anything new? Apart from the mechanical camera which might end up being a disadvantage. That's a moving part that is.more likely to break. Does is.run another os, is it not Android?
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by youngderek1(m): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2018
greenhulk:

Umm, i watched several, so is there anything new? Apart from the mechanical camera which might end up being a disadvantage. That's a moving part that is.more likely to break.
there is nothing like disadvantage, if u handle ur phone properly like d way u do with iphones and samsung how should that be any different from these one??
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by Valentino2018(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2018
If you want to learn how to make money from the internet legitimately send me a dm
WhatsApp: 09032191590
Serious members only
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2018
youngderek1:
there is nothing like disadvantage, if u handle ur phone properly like d way u do with iphones and samsung how should that be any different from these one??

Sure, but mechanical camera is one extra thing to worry about, don't pretend like u don't know. The phone doesn't have a fingerprint scanner so Everytime u unlock the phone u use facial unlock which means the mechanical camera comes up. So if u unlock ur phone 100 times a day the camera comes up 100 times, plus it comes up whenever u wanna take a picture. C'mon bro, when that mechanism fails then u are screwed. This just makes the phone more fragile. It's like those blackberry days of mechanical sliding keyboards, they fail too often.

Let's just wait and see how the phone will stand the test of time. No denying it's a beautiful phone and Oppo had balls to take that risk. But I don't see Samsung going this route (not yet) until it is proven that this can really stand the test of time.
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by correctBlogger(m): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2018
Valentino2018:
If you want to learn how to make money from the internet legitimately send me a dm
WhatsApp: 09032191590
Serious members only

Uncle what is your own na.. is like you miss road abi.. tell me the truth, did you miss road..?
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by youngderek1(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2018
greenhulk:

Sure, but mechanical camera is one extra thing to worry about, don't pretend like u don't know. The phone doesn't have a fingerprint scanner so Everytime u unlock the phone u use facial unlock which means the mechanical camera comes up. So if u unlock ur phone 100 times a day the camera comes up 100 times, plus it comes up whenever u wanna take a picture. C'mon bro, when that mechanism fails then u are screwed. This just makes the phone more fragile. It's like those blackberry days of mechanical sliding keyboards, they fail too often.

Let's just wait and see how the phone will stand the test of time. No denying it's a beautiful phone and Oppo had balls to take that risk. But I don't see Samsung going this route (not yet) until it is proven that this can really stand the test of time.
i very much understand u, lets just keep our fingers crossed and see how it goes
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by chuksp09(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2018
mustylique:
Wrong my dear, very wrong. If i come into possession of an iPhone or a blackberry no matter how Porsche they are. I am selling it straight away.
Re: In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow by CyberEBOLA(m): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
correctBlogger:

You are right

(1) (Reply)

MTN Subscribers, Don't Receive A Call From 0757. / I Got 700mb From Etisalat Surprise Package / Which Blackberry Passport Version Do You Prefer?at&t Redesign Or Original Square

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.