Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

5 Places To Learn A New Skill For Free Online - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Places To Learn A New Skill For Free Online (415 Views)

TOP Oil And Gas Skill For 2022 / 3 Best Places You Can Showcase Your Career/skills/profession / New Skill For The New Year Means New Income, No Juju, No Jax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Places To Learn A New Skill For Free Online by kozamsi(f): 10:33am On Jul 17, 2018
Learning is part of our everyday lives and the moment we stop learning that is the moment we die. Believe it or not, learning is one of the things that make us human and once learning cease, an individual is said to have died even if he is still young and bubbling. We learn every day and sometimes we are not even conscious of the fact that we have learnt something until we begin to the little changes in our lives. For instance, If you live around a DJ that consistently plays certain kinds of music, after a while, you’d find yourself singing to the lyrics of the song without necessarily making a conscious effort to learn the song.

The psychologist sees learning not just as taking in information but as something that causes a relatively permanent change in the behaviour of the individual that was exposed to the new information. This simply means that the end result of learning is not just to consume information but to change our behaviour. You have not learnt anything if you do not see a change after the information was communicated to you. You can’t say you have learnt how to cook Afang Soup after watching a Video until you try to cook the soup yourself and the result is same as the Video....
1. ALISON
The first time I heard about Alison was when I just left secondary school and I was bored as hell. In my state of boredom, I stumbled on this learning platform and was taken aback by the fact that there was something like a classroom staring at me through my phone. I immediately registered on the platform but I, however, didn’t take any course until about two years later when I was forced to sit at home for six months because of ASUU STRIKE. That’s a long time right? Well, don’t be like me.

Alison is a global learning resource centre founded in Galway Ireland in 2007 by serial entrepreneur Mike Feerick with the aim of helping people gain the basic education and workplace skills. Courses you can learn from Alison are not limited to languages, Social media marketing, copywriting, graphics design, Maths, programming etc.
2. UDEMY
Udemy Website houses over 65,000 online courses that range from programming to photography to entrepreneurship and much more. I discovered this online learning platform recently and the aim of this platform is to help young professional adults get better at the profession. Udemy provides tools which enable users to create a course, promote it and make money from it if they wish.
3. KHAN ACADEMY
This academy is home to over 3,000 videos on subjects ranging from history to calculus and every other maths-related courses. This online learning platform was created to create a set of online learning tools to help students improve their education. The beautiful thing about the platform is you can leave a comment in form of a question if you are not clear on the lesson and you are sure to get a response from the instructor.
For details on the rest of the platform visit https://kozdiaries./2018/06/12/online-plaforms-for-learning-new-skills/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Dress To An Interview For Every Industry In Nigeria / What Your Resume Should Look Like In 2018 / A PTC Site That Pays You To View Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.