Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,101 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad (5896 Views)

Islamic Teachings on Intimate Relations Between Spouses / Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) / Is Mohammad Really The Last Prophet From The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by dexmond: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2010
Muslims should please defend some of these teachings by god's greatest prophets. You might need a hadith to verify them. Here is a link to an online hadith OK.
http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=1&translator=1

Death be upon you, too.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "When the Jews greet you, they usually say, 'As-Samu 'alaikum (Death be on you),' so you should say (in reply to them), 'Wa'alaikum (And on you)." Sahih Bukhari 8:74:274

Allah Likes Sneezing but Hates Yawning

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, satan will laugh at him." Sahih Bukhari 8:73:242

Fever comes from heat of Hell

The Prophet said, "Fever is from the heat of Hell, so abate fever with water." Sahih Bukhari 7:71:621

Spit on Left for Protection Against Bad Dreams

Narrated Abu Qatada: The Prophet said, "A good dream that comes true is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan, so if anyone of you sees a bad dream, he should seek refuge with Allah from Satan and should spit on the left, for the bad dream will not harm him." Sahih Bukhari 9:87:115

Water mixed with Dead Dogs still clean

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: The people asked the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him): Can we perform ablution out of the well of Buda'ah, which is a well into which menstrual clothes, dead dogs and stinking things were thrown? He replied: Water is pure and is not defiled by anything. Sahih Muslim 1:66

Say No to Green Jars and White Jars

Narrated Ash-Shaibani: I heard 'Abdullah bin Abi Aufa saying, "The Prophet forbade the use of green jars." I said, "Shall we drink out of white jars?" He said, "No." Sahih Bukhari 7:69:501

Could someone please lick my hands? Thank you

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said, 'When you eat, do not wipe your hands till you have licked it, or had it licked by somebody else." Sahih Bukhari 7:65:366

Dye your hair because Jews and Christians don't

Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Jews and Christians do not dye their hair so you should do the opposite of what they do. Sahih Bukhari 7:72:786

Greeting Order

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "The young should greet the old, the passer by should greet the sitting one, and the small group of persons should greet the large group of persons. " Sahih Bukhari 8:74:250

Comment: Who says hello first if a small group of elders meets a larger group of younger people?

love-peddlers can stay out of Hell by helping a thirsty dog

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "A love-peddler was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her
because of that."

.Goat ate my Quran

Muhammad's child wife said this after Muhammad died: "The verse of the stoning and of suckling an adult ten times were revealed, and they were (written) on a paper and kept under my bed. When the messenger of Allah expired and we were preoccupied with his death, a goat entered and ate away the paper."
References: Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal. vol. 6. page 269; Sunan Ibn Majah, page 626; Ibn Qutbah, Tawil Mukhtalafi 'l-Hadith (Cairo: Maktaba al-Kulliyat al-Azhariyya. 1966) page 310; As-Suyuti, ad-Durru 'l-Manthur, vol. 2.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by dexmond: 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2010
[size=14pt][B]Where are the educated Muslims on this forum? DEFEND YOUR YOU PROPHET TODAY.[/B][/size]
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
dexmond:

[size=14pt][B]Where are the educated Muslims on this forum? DEFEND YOUR YOU PROPHET TODAY.[/B][/size]
You are idiot.what is wrong with the above Hadiths u wrote and what is there to defend?
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by zayhal(f): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2010
@op
Are some people so jobless and idle?
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by dexmond: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2010
You are .what is wrong with the above Hadiths u wrote and what is there to defend?

The teachings of your prophet is some how. Spit on your left to avoid bad luck? allah loves sneezing? Dye your hair and trim your mustache, why? because Christians don't do it. What if they do it? OK, Don't dye your hair and don't trim your mustache. Very funny sermons. please read Matthew chapter 5-7 for live changing sermons.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by vedaxcool(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2010
Muslims should please defend some of these teachings by god's greatest prophets. You might need a hadith to verify them. Here is a link to an online hadith OK.
http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=1&translator=1

Death be upon you, too.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "When the Jews greet you, they usually say, 'As-Samu 'alaikum (Death be on you),' so you should say (in reply to them), 'Wa'alaikum (And on you)." Sahih Bukhari 8:74:274

Allah Likes Sneezing but Hates Yawning

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, satan will laugh at him." Sahih Bukhari 8:73:242

Fever comes from heat of Hell

The Prophet said, "Fever is from the heat of Hell, so abate fever with water." Sahih Bukhari 7:71:621

Spit on Left for Protection Against Bad Dreams

Narrated Abu Qatada: The Prophet said, "A good dream that comes true is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan, so if anyone of you sees a bad dream, he should seek refuge with Allah from Satan and should spit on the left, for the bad dream will not harm him." Sahih Bukhari 9:87:115

Water mixed with Dead Dogs still clean

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: The people asked the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him): Can we perform ablution out of the well of Buda'ah, which is a well into which menstrual clothes, dead dogs and stinking things were thrown? He replied: Water is pure and is not defiled by anything. Sahih Muslim 1:66

Say No to Green Jars and White Jars

Narrated Ash-Shaibani: I heard 'Abdullah bin Abi Aufa saying, "The Prophet forbade the use of green jars." I said, "Shall we drink out of white jars?" He said, "No." Sahih Bukhari 7:69:501

Could someone please lick my hands? Thank you

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said, 'When you eat, do not wipe your hands till you have licked it, or had it licked by somebody else." Sahih Bukhari 7:65:366

Dye your hair because Jews and Christians don't

Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Jews and Christians do not dye their hair so you should do the opposite of what they do. Sahih Bukhari 7:72:786

Greeting Order

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "The young should greet the old, the passer by should greet the sitting one, and the small group of persons should greet the large group of persons. " Sahih Bukhari 8:74:250

Comment: Who says hello first if a small group of elders meets a larger group of younger people?

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "A love-peddler was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her
because of that."

.Goat ate my Quran

Muhammad's child wife said this after Muhammad died: "The verse of the stoning and of suckling an adult ten times were revealed, and they were (written) on a paper and kept under my bed. When the messenger of Allah expired and we were preoccupied with his death, a goat entered and ate away the paper."
References: Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal. vol. 6. page 269; Sunan Ibn Majah, page 626; Ibn Qutbah, Tawil Mukhtalafi 'l-Hadith (Cairo: Maktaba al-Kulliyat al-Azhariyya. 1966) page 310; As-Suyuti, ad-Durru 'l-Manthur, vol. 2.

the answer to number 1 is obvious the jews in medina then were into mischief and hence it is only reasonable to answer their greeting and even jesus was into the insulting game he reffered to the elders of the jews with the following invectives
ye hypocrits
ye aldutrous generation
ye brood of snakes
the list goes on
As for number two one can interpret it as certain kind of yawnsb just as the bible claims that dead bodies walk the earth when jesus was crucified
As for 3 I doubt it authencity or whether you quoted the entire Hadit and more importantly the Qur an is overules the hadith we could also see it in the light as in severe scarcity so it is pointless or we could point to the bible were it says in leviticus when ever there is a plague of leprosy dis infect with bird blood now we all know blood is a good medium for germs
I will continue tommorow.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by dexmond: 8:54pm On Jul 08, 2010
Tnx for your effort. I am watching.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by gists: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2010
We are not obliged to anwere any ridiculos, obviously uninformed childish question. All I will say is there are far more horrible things in your holy book. Both OT and NT. Like mass murder with no mercy for any living soul - including animals and trees (except young virgin girls that are supposed to be kept by their "god-sent captors". This is why some people pardon the priests in the recent child abuse crisis that rocked the catholic church. They argue that the priests get their devilish inspiration from the bible). Another example is killing innocent children for the sin of their parent e.tc  These atrocities are allegded to have been orderd by God to top holy personalties in the bible!!

Read your bible thouroghly (not just the sweet parts your pastors use during service). I bet you'll be shocked.

I will suggest you focus on improving your faith in your religion rather than this childish "your religion is bad - mine is better". Trust me its a waist of effort, time and cyberspace because you will not acheive anything here.

HE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSE SHOULD NOT THROW STONES.

1 Like

Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by vedaxcool(m): 8:33am On Jul 09, 2010
]Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "The young should greet the old, the passer by should greet the sitting one, and the small group of persons should greet the large group of persons. " Sahih Bukhari 8:74:250

Reply:who says hello first what are you dumb, it says the young shall greet the elders common sense will tell anybody that the larger number of young shall greet the old.

because of that."
Reply: Again we do not need to crack our brains the woman according to tradition became a virtuous woman hence even the most insignificant but sinsere good deed can bring Allah's mercy.The Hadith encourages Muslim to do Good even to animals our enviroment this is why people that claim Islam is a violent religion need to Understand the message of Islam rather than rely on half educated individuals.
On the Issues of Jars I doubt it whether the hadith was quoted in full or even authentic.
You see
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2010
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, “Whoever establishes the prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not to show off) then all his past sins will be forgiven.”(Volume No:1, Book:Belief, Hadith No: 34) Sahih Bukhari
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 485: Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
Abu Bakr As-Siddiq said to the Prophet "O Allah's Apostle! Teach me an invocation with which I may invoke Allah in my prayers." The Prophet said, "Say: O Allah! I have wronged my soul very much (oppressed myself), and none forgives the sins but You; so please , bestow Your Forgiveness upon me. No doubt, You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2010
Abu Huraira reported that the prophet (SAW) Said:There are two words light on the tongue,heavy on the scale and beloved to the most Gracious:
Subhaan Allahi wa bihamdihi and Subhaan Allahil-'Adheem.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
Rasool Allah S.A.W.W said, “Do not wish to be like anyone, except in two cases:
(1) A man whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously.
(2) A man whom Allah has given wisdom (knowledge of the Qur’an and the Hadith) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise; a person remains truthful until he is written as a Siddeeq (truthful person) with Allah. Lying leads to sin and sin leads to the Fire; a person keeps lying until he is written as a Kadhdhab (liar) with Allah.” [Bukhari, Muslim]
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2010
Sahl bin Sa`d (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whosoever gives me a guarantee to safeguard what is between his jaws and what is between his legs, I shall guarantee him Jannah.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: What is between the jaws and what is between the legs refers to the tongue and the sexu, al organs, respectively. The Prophet (PBUH) has given the assurance of Jannah to every Muslim who protects these two parts of the body. Protection here means their use permitted by the Islamic Shari`ah. They should be guarded against every act that is prohibited by the Shari`ah
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2010
Abu Hurayrah (ra) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (saws) said, ‘There has come to you Ramadaan, a blessed month. Allaah has made it obligatory on you to fast (this month). During it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are locked, and the devils are chained up. In it there is a night that is better tha, n a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is deprived indeed.’” ♥
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
Volume 1, Book 2, Number 12(saheeh Bukhari):Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
Jabir (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “Some people of those who professed unity of God will be punished in Hell till they become like coal. Then Mercy will pursue them and they will be taken out and brought to the gates of Paradise.The inhabitants of Paradise will sprinkle water on them and they will b, egin to grow as a seed which grows at the edge of flowing water. Then they will enter Paradise.”[Ahmed 15200]
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
Abu Hurayrah (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger(peace be upon him) said, “He to whom it pleases that Allah should answer him during severity and difficulty must make supplication during ease (and blessing).”
Tirmidhi(3393)
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2010
Abu
Ya'la Shaddad reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Allah,has made
it obligatory to adopt a benevolent attitude towards everything.If you
have to kill any animal,kill it in a kindest way.When you have to
slaughter an animal,you must make it less painful for the animal you
, slaughter.Everone of you must get his , knife sharpened to reduce the suffering of the animal to be slaughtered."(Muslim
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
Abud-Darda' (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Whenever a Muslim supplicates for his (Muslim) brother in his absence, the angels say: `May the same be for you too'.''
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,"Allah says: `I am just as My slave thinks of Me when he remembers Me.' By Allah! Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than one of you who unexpectedly finds in the desert his lost camel.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was asked: "Can a believer be a coward?" The Prophet said: "Yes." He was then asked: "Can a believer be a miser?" He replied: "Yes." And finally,he was asked: 'Can a believer be a liar?" The Prophet said: "No." -
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2010
Prophet said: “Two kinds of eyes are the eyes that the Fire will not touch: the eyes of one who cried from fear before Allah, and the eyes of one who spent a night standing guard on the way of Allah.” (At-Tirmizi)
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2010
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said while talking about the merits of Friday, "There is a time on Friday at which a Muslim, while he (or she) is performing Salat and is supplicating, will be granted whatever he (or she) is supplicating for.'' And he (PBUH) pointed w, ith his hand to , indicate that this period of time is very short.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2010
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "You will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not guide you to something which if you carry out you will love one another? Spread salaam amongst yourselves." [Muslim]
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2010
Rasool Allah S.A.W.W said, Every religion has an innate character. The character of Islam is modesty.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2010
Rasulullah (SAW) said:
“Bear in mind that if all the people combined together to grant you some
benefit, they would not be able to do it unless Allah has determined it
for you. And that if all of them combined together to do you harm, they
would not be able to do it unless Allah has determined it
, for you. The pens have been set aside and writings of the Book of Fate
have become dry.” [Tirmidhi]
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2010
SUNNAH OF DRINKING WATER:

1) A Muslim should drink with the right hand. Shaytaan Drinks with the left hand.
2) Sit and drink. ( drinking water while standing comes in Makroohaat not Haraam. so best is to Drink while sitting inshalllah. )
3) Recite "Bismillah" before drinking.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2010
SUNNAH OF DRINKING WATER:

1) A Muslim should drink with the right hand. Shaytaan Drinks with the left hand.
2) Sit and drink. ( drinking water while standing comes in Makroohaat not Haraam. so best is to Drink while sitting inshalllah. )
3) Recite "Bismillah" before drinking.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2010
The prophet (SAW) cursed 3 people:
1.The one who doesnt send prayers to him when his name is mentioned.
2.The one who doesnt take care n respect his parents who are in old age.
3.The one who doesnt make use of ramadan and earn Allah's forgiveness.
Lets not be among such people.
Re: Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad by alimat2(f): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2010
‎"Acquire knowledge, it enables its professor to distinguish right fromwrong; it lights the way to the desired destination. It is our friendin the desert, our company in solitude and companion when friendless.It guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, it is an ornamentamongst friends and an ar, mour against enemies."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reward And Punishment In Islam / Wudumate Prayer Room Fixtures. Designed 4 Comfortable & Dignified Wudu(ablution / Islamic Practical Tips To Controlling Your Temper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.