Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Proven Evergreen Strategy That Will Help You Grow Your Online Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Proven Evergreen Strategy That Will Help You Grow Your Online Business (364 Views)

Professional Forex Trading Strategy That Works On MT4 Mobile / 6 Tips To Help You Grow Any Online Business And Make Money From It / Adopt My Marketing Strategy That Fetched Me $86,311 Within 5 Days. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Proven Evergreen Strategy That Will Help You Grow Your Online Business by Janeyinspires(f): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2018
Ever wanted to know how you can grow your online business?

Maybe you are one of those who have been told, “If you want to make money online, sell something.”

And off you went to create your own product to sell.
And bang…Cricket. No one bought your product.
No click, to add the product to cart.

I know this will get you worried that you might end up asking yourself if you are meant to have an online business.
And I also know growing an online business isn’t easy.

Today, I’ll let you on, into the proven evergreen strategy that will help you grow your business.
First, let me tell you my little story.

Four months ago, I bought a freelance writing training course online. I didn’t buy the freelance writing course because I saw an ad and clicked through. I didn’t buy the freelance writing course because I had enough money to throw around any random course online. No matter the sugar-coated promises to help me become an awesome freelance writer.

I have known Walter, the freelance writer and internet trainer behind FreelancerKenya writing course. It was a time I was trying to make a career out of my passion -writing. Looking to hone my writing skills to become better. And one day, while searching for useful information related to freelance writing, I stumbled upon his blog.

With the articles I saw there, I subscribed. I started to receive newsletter and content from his blog. Rich, helpful and valuable content consistently.

Walter was committed to helping people like me become awesome freelance writers. After following his blog for a year, I bought his freelance writing course. I bought his course because he positioned himself as the go-to- guy to help me achieve my goal of learning how to write as a freelance writer.

Now, this is where many businesses get it all wrong.
Dangling their product in front of everyone they meet.
Buy my product! Buy my product! Buy my product!
But sorry dear, no one’s gonna buy your product just like that.

And why you may ask?
See…
They don’t know you. They don’t like you. They don’t trust you.
Yeah. You read it.

In business, there is a marketing strategy called[b] “The know, like and trust factor.”
[/b]

What is the know, like and trust factor about?

This is the fundamental principle of marketing people go through before they can buy from you. Businesses are becoming more relationship-oriented than transactional.
Before people do business with you, they get to know you first, then like you. And trust you to buy from you.

This is the secret to many online businesses raking in more sales than their competitors.

In the little story, I told earlier, I first got to know the freelance writing trainer through the content he writes about on his blog. About freelance writing. He was consistent in providing useful information. I started to like him and everything about what he does. His stories resonated with me and my struggle to become an awesome freelance writer.

Then, I finally got to trust him enough to buy his product¬freelance writing course.

My story is exactly the same process people go through before buying a product or service.

The know, like and trust factor works for all forms of business online. Product or service.
And now that I’ve told you the effective marketing strategy to help you promote and grow your business, the next point is how you can build the know, like and trust factor.

How to build the know, like and trust factor

Know: As I mentioned before, businesses are now relationship¬oriented.People don’t buy from strangers. They prefer to buy from people they know to avoid being scammed online.Or taken advantage of.

To get people to know you, you have to become visible. Create awareness by putting valuable content out to get the attention of potential customers. Promote free content related to what your business is all about.

Let me cite an example.

If your product is body cream and lotion, you can offer free useful tips on “3 fruits that will give you a glowing skin”, “5 tips for a healthy skin”.

Or, if you run a traveling agency, you could share on “7 awesome places to go for your next vacation”.
These are just a few. And with this, people will get to know you exist and also know what you are all about.

Did I also mention all these examples fall into content marketing? Creating content related to your product to become visible and attract customers. These content are housed on your website, social media wall, and page.

I was able to know my freelance writing trainer, Walter, exists through the content he shared on his blog. Your content should not be limited to articles. You can share video related content too.

LIKE: [/b]To get people to like you, be human. Be yourself.Put a face to your name. Empathize with people and share your own experience, so they can relate with your brand. This is your Unique Selling Point.

But Let me quickly tell you this: Not everyone will like you and what you do.Don’t let it bother you. The idea is not to get everyone to like you. Well, your business is not for everyone. Is it?
Know who your ideal customers are.Your customers are also called buyer persona. Buyers who are attracted to you, what you do and how you do it. To help you picture your buyer persona, you should start with these simple questions:

Are your customers male or female?
What is their age range?
What is their profession?
What is their income?
What are their likes and dislikes?
These questions when answered by you, will help you know and understand your buyer persona. You will also be able to create content that provides a solution for them.

[b]TRUST:
We don’t buy trust. Rather we earn it.In order for people to trust you, they have to know you have their best interest at heart.
Give away free stuff. Valuable and helpful content related to your business. Let it also be something your target audience will benefit from.

Be consistent. If you say you’ll send out newsletter weekly, do so.Don’t break promises as it will affect your credibility.

Seth Godin, author and entrepreneur said,” Making promises and keeping them is a great way to build a brand.”

Your consistent dishing of free and helpful content will endear you to them, to trust you. For then, you’ve appealed to the emotional part of them.

Offer guarantee. There are nothing people like more online than a product with a money back guarantee or a 30-day trial. People love it when they know they’ve got nothing to lose. They won’t be taken advantage of when they make a buying decision online.

Summing it up

Growing your business online isn’t rocket science. It starts with building the know, like and trust factor.
People only transact business with people they share a relationship with. Not strangers. So, the game changer for your online business is creating useful content to provide a solution for ideal customers. It is having their best interest at heart.

It is positioning yourself [Brand] as the product [Body cream] your customer thinks about when she wants to have that glowing skin.
Now, are you ready to grow your online business?
Go get your ideal customers.

Over to you, have you been building the know, like and trust factor for your business?
Use the comment section. Let’s engage.

https://janeygeoinspires./2018/04/26/the-proven-evergreen-strategy-that-will-help-you-grow-your-online-business/

P.S.looking for someone to write amazing and readable content for your blog? Slide in,let's talk business.

(1) (Reply)

Rise Of Torn And Tattered #100 Note In The Country / My Take On Nnu Income Program / We Build Tanks, Soundproof(gen), Trailer Beds, Mobile ATM Compartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.