Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity (18411 Views)

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait / If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. / Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by karllemah44(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ever heard of "owusagi eh I ga malife".wen u are broke and in ur worst mood,ur creativity level is 101% ....speaking from experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by flamingREED(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
The world is always turning upside down side up and down.
Mtchw.
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by AndriaRich(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
Research no go kill us o... grin
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by darichlife: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
I cant believe someone took his/her time to write all that i just read.

Bad mood wey fit make you loose better tin for this life, you are unapproachable with a bad mood
it make people feel you are not interested in any kind of conversation, Op forget think of something else to write
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by ogbame007: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:
Science has reached a state of confusion in recent times undecided

It seems to be going back and forth on theories and discoveries.
They are in a bad mood grin grin grin
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by IME1: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
Anger

1 Share

Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
ogbame007:

They are in a bad mood grin grin grin

Issokay cheesy
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
This simply means APC should be voted in again.
APC get hope oooooo
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by tsavde(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
Negative research producing negative outcome which will further put many in a negative thoughts resulting to poor productivity
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by fiercehillz(m): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
I disagree
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2018
kind people of nairaland, pls am broke because we are yet to receive salary in ondo state, just help me with 1k or less so i can go to work for the rest of this week, have park my car already cos no money to fuel it, Pls UBA 2040792581
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Queenlovely(f): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
When I am angry, but I could have think up a million ways to destroy my enemy. Especially business rivals
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Jidibia(m): 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
dosage150:

laughing loudly here
u no get joy at all
Lol.... I dey tell u.
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Mutemenot(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2018
And Buhari brain never improve
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by prettygirlflow: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
It actually help u focus
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by marwanafrica: 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ah can relate to this finding
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Allison012: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
Angy55:
I can relate. This research is correct.
I can relate too.

"r" is missing.
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by chuckcy(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
EntertainingYou:
Being in an bad mood can enable certain individuals to think all the more proficiently as far as their capacity to center consideration, oversee time and organize undertakings, as per new research.

New research found that being in a bad mood can help some people’s executive functioning, such as their ability to focus attention, manage time and prioritize tasks. The same study found that a good mood has a negative effect on it in some cases.

Tara McAuley, a psychology professor at the University of Waterloo, and Martyn S. Gabel, a PhD candidate, explored whether our emotional reactivity shaped how mood influences the kinds of thinking skills we need to navigate the demands and stresses of day-to-day life. Emotional reactivity refers to the sensitivity, intensity and duration of our emotional responses associated with our mood.

“Our results show that there are some people for whom a bad mood may actually hone the kind of thinking skills that are important for everyday life,” said McAuley.

The high-reactive individuals – people who have rapid, intense, and enduring emotional responses – performed better on executive function tasks when experiencing a bad mood. Low-reactive individuals showed the opposite effect, with bad mood associated with worse executive functioning.

This pattern of results supports the view that a bad mood may help with some executive skills – but only for people who are more emotionally reactive.

“People shouldn’t interpret the results as saying it’s fine to fly off the handle or overreact, or to be grouchy,” said McAuley. “We know that emotional reactivity differs from person to person starting at a very early age and that these individual differences have implications for mental health later in development.”

Further research is needed to explain the relationship, but some studies suggest that high-reactive people are more accustomed to experiencing negative emotions. As such, bad moods may be less distracting for them compared with lower-reactive people.
The study included 95 participants, each of whom completed nine distinct tasks and questionnaires that measure the interplay of mood, emotional reactivity and various working memory and analytic challenges.

http://olubravo.info/research-reveals-bad-mood-may-improve-brains-productivity-know/
Just imagine name University of Waterloo.
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Bluffly: 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
This can be true o. I observed that I'm more eloquent in speaking when I'm angry. That is when you hear grammars and I can bet you that I'm point
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by iLegendd(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
I didn't read, but it's 100% true for me. Here is an example. I created a thread to teach guys some relationship tips and on that thread, too many nice guys came to abuse me.

They put me in a bad mood. What did I do? Fold my hand and watch? Hell no. I turned everything I shared for free into a book, built in online store overnight and the book is raking in cash now. If not for their bad comments, I wouldn't have built the online store.

To read the full story, click here: https://www.nairaland.com/4620072/Bleep-naughty-does-thing-still

Bad mood boosts my creativity. It makes me think outside the box.

1 Like

Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Oyindidi(f): 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
RealDonaldTrump:
How about this mood
gringringrin
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Ijaya123: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2018
dingbang:
So are they saying we should be angry all the time?

Being in a bad mood doesn't mean being angry.
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by udoka55555: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2018
very true
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by SmartyPants(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
dingbang:
So are they saying we should be in a bad mood all the time? grin

Meanwhile , great news for all first bank customers.... Please Click the link on my signature for what's new on the first mobile app... cool

They said the opposite. When will you guys learn to read?
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by jaxxy(m): 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
Maybe cos it stirs up critical thinking I guess.
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by meobizy(f): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
I do not care. I've worked too hard all my life to stay in a good mood. No amount of world class research is going to make me give up my self induced bliss for anything. I have a family history of HBP, I can't take such risk.
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by badmus306(m): 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
Vianna come & hear
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by baby124: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
Not true. It depends on your personality. When I am in a good mood I am much more productive. In a bad mood I shut down.
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by s4cs: 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
thats y we need to vote in Buhari come 2019. so that we can perform more productively. who's with me grin
Re: Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity by Inehmesit: 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
9jaown:
Me dat am always in a bad mood
what have you invented grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invest In Chymall & Earn Every 10 Days / The Mom With Most Kids (69 Kids) / VIDEO: UNBELIEVABLE! A Rape Club In Japan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.