Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,744 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:58 PM

Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses (667 Views)

100% Back If Your Bet Loses / #lagosunrest: Lagosians Cry For Help As Robbers, Miscreants Go Rampage Again / You Use Nairabet? Let's Start A Roll Over Bet - I'll Give You Betcode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses by Abiodunspectre(m): 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2018
The early exit of football teams of the supposedly heavy-weight countries at the just concluded world biggest football fiesta tagged “Russia 2018″, which ended on July 15, resorted into joys to the betting companies.

It, however, brought agonies to several of those who staked with the betting companies in Lagos for possible claims or dividend.

Many of such clients have continued to count their losses following the defeat suffered by their preferred teams by their opponents.

Sports betting has now become a booming business in the country for people to make ends meet and sequel to the fact that most of those who indulge in betting have special interests in football in particular.

Many Nigerians that include: students, adults and upwardly mobile men and women have dominated the customers of the various betting companies and, especially, sports betting.

The fast pace at which new betting companies with a special bias for sports are emerging is alarming and welcoming.

Some of the betting companies include Nairabet (the first online sports betting website in Nigeria), Betway NG, Winnersbet, Betland, Surebet247, Merry Bet, NairaStake, GoldenBet, Betcolony, Bet2win, Bet365naija, Bet9ja, 1960bet, 360bet, 9jaPredict, Winners Golden Bet, Lionsbet.

After the grand finale of the Russia 2018 where Croatia lost to France, a customer who had staked N50, 000 before the match thinking that Croatia would emerge the overall winner wept uncontrollably when he realized that his fortunes had gone into the drain pipes.

It took the efforts of other fans there to console him and reminded him that participating in the Olympics is not always meant one to win

Also, another customer, Jamiu Ojo, who staked N20,000 with his belief that Germany would beat South Korea to advance to the next stage of the world cup went wild when the outcome of the match did not favour him.

“Betting most times requires lots of research and luck, “he said.

A report by www.nairaland.com, an online website, stated that “60 million Nigerians between 18 years and 40 years of age spend more than N1 billion daily on sports betting”.

The report also revealed that “a betting company can generate up to N20 million monthly and use between N5 million and N7 million to meet winners’ obligation in terms of payment”.

Ighalo of the Department of Computer Engineering at the University won N58, 945,553, after placing bets with N800 in 1960Bet.

It had been adjudged as the biggest sum ever won in the history of sports betting in the country.

He was said to have accomplished the feat after placing bets on two different bet slips of N500 and N300.

Ighalo speaking then on how he was able to achieve the feat said, “Since my childhood days, I used to have strong interests in probability, relationships and special intelligence. All these with adequate sports betting research I conducted over the years, helped in making it possible.” –

The don was quoted as saying that he had been placing bets for no less than 25 years and had the faith that one day luck would shine on him.

Source https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/07/18/russia-2018-some-lagosians-cry-over-bet-loses/

Re: Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses by MJBOLT: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
stake with what you can afford to lose so you can avoid stories that touch
Re: Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses by Ennyholar: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
MJBOLT:
stake with what you can afford to lose so you can avoid stories that touch

Betting is a game of research my guy
most of these guys crying have not tried betway before, I won over 50,000 placing my stakes.
Re: Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses by MJBOLT: 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2018
shocked show me the way na

Ennyholar:

most of these guys crying have not tried betway before, I won over 50,000 placing my stakes.
Re: Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses by Abdstrakt(m): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2018
My profit accross my 3 favorite bookies bet9ja, betway and nairabet was 157k. Betway was the biggest payout with 91k. It’s not much but considering the amount people around me lost during this World Cup I can’t complain at all. grin

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2018
Pick 20 to 25 matches randomly on 12 double chances.You might be lucky to get green.Sport bet is by luck.
Re: Russia 2018: Some Lagosians Cry Over Bet Loses by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ennyholar:

No be only research.How many times you done win in a month?Post your coupon codes for conviction.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Star Boy! Kylian Mbappe Donates His World Cup Earnings To Charity / What Ronaldo’s Medical Checks At Juventus Showed / Free Sure Odds On Telegram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.