Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

The 2019 Election And The Preparation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 2019 Election And The Preparation. (427 Views)

Dogara Raises Alarm Over 2019 Election / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2019 Election And The Preparation. by Chi12baby: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
The 2019 general election is scheduled to be conducted early in 2019.

To ensure that adequate arrangements are made for free and fair elections, it has become necessary to appropriate funds to enable the relevant agencies to commence preparations.

INEC and the security agencies have accordingly recently submitted their requests.

These have been subjected to the usual budget evaluation. The aggregate cost of the election is estimated at N254,445,322, 600.

“However, in line with the prevailing fiscal constraints, I am proposing that the sum of N164, 104, 792, 065 be provided for through virement or supplementation of the 2018 budget.

I propose that the balance of N78, 340, 530, 535, mostly related to personnel allowances, fuelling and other costs not required until election proper, be provided in their 2019 budget.

The lawmakers had introduced 6,403 projects into the budget amounting to N578bn.

“Accordingly, I invite the distinguished Senate to consider, in the national interest, relocating some of the funds appropriated for the new projects which were inserted into the 2018 budget proposal totalling N 578, 319, 951, 904 to cover the sum of N228, 854, 800, 205 required as noted above.

“A schedule setting out a comprehensive list of these inserted projects is attached to this letter for ease of your consideration. Further to the above, kindly find attached a supplementary budget and virement proposal for your consideration.

Buhari promised to do everything possible to ensure that the 2019 general elections are free, fair and peaceful.

He said all hands were on deck to forestall the violence that characterised the 2011 elections which necessitated investigations by the International Criminal court at Hague.

Scores of Nigerians were killed in parts of the country in the wake of the violence that broke out after the 2011 elections.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The 2019 Election And The Preparation. by Timibabaj(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
Looking forward to next year. Buhari has my vote
Chi12baby:

To ensure that adequate arrangements are made for free and fair elections, it has become necessary to appropriate funds to enable the relevant agencies to commence preparations.

INEC and the security agencies have accordingly recently submitted their requests.

These have been subjected to the usual budget evaluation. The aggregate cost of the election is estimated at N254,445,322, 600.

“However, in line with the prevailing fiscal constraints, I am proposing that the sum of N164, 104, 792, 065 be provided for through virement or supplementation of the 2018 budget.

I propose that the balance of N78, 340, 530, 535, mostly related to personnel allowances, fuelling and other costs not required until election proper, be provided in their 2019 budget.

The lawmakers had introduced 6,403 projects into the budget amounting to N578bn.

“Accordingly, I invite the distinguished Senate to consider, in the national interest, relocating some of the funds appropriated for the new projects which were inserted into the 2018 budget proposal totalling N 578, 319, 951, 904 to cover the sum of N228, 854, 800, 205 required as noted above.

“A schedule setting out a comprehensive list of these inserted projects is attached to this letter for ease of your consideration. Further to the above, kindly find attached a supplementary budget and virement proposal for your consideration.

Buhari promised to do everything possible to ensure that the 2019 general elections are free, fair and peaceful.

He said all hands were on deck to forestall the violence that characterised the 2011 elections which necessitated investigations by the International Criminal court at Hague.

Scores of Nigerians were killed in parts of the country in the wake of the violence that broke out after the 2011 elections.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 2019 Election And The Preparation. by Okonsyourguy(m): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
A serious man leaves no stone unturned. Buhari has done a good job of looking at INEC's election budget and acted on time.

Chi12baby:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2019 Election And The Preparation. by Tamunooflaif: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2018
Buhari has done well, making sure all things are ready and are in proper place, Great Preparation!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 2019 Election And The Preparation. by Jakinola01(m): 11:28am On Jul 19, 2018
Well said

Chi12baby:

Re: The 2019 Election And The Preparation. by Babayero212(m): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2018
Impressive discussion from Buhari

(1) (Reply)

Photos: APC Members In Kano State Burn Their Brooms As Their Leader, Rabiu Kwank / Dino Melaye Taken To Court For Attempted Suicide Just A Day After He Left APC / Breaking News: Unknown Gun Men Abduct Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.