Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,496 members, 7,840,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Arsene Wenger: ‘staying At Arsenal For 22 Years Is My Biggest Regret’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger: ‘staying At Arsenal For 22 Years Is My Biggest Regret’ (394 Views)

Inside The N13bn Mansion Cristiano Ronaldo Will Be Staying At Manchester (Photo) / Alex Iwobi: Why I Left Arsenal For Everton / Kanu Nwankwo, His Wife, Amara At Arsenal Stadium For Wenger's Farewell Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger: ‘staying At Arsenal For 22 Years Is My Biggest Regret’ by sportblitzz: 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
Arsene Wenger has surprisingly admitted that his 22-year stay with Arsenal is the biggest regret of his managerial career.

The 68-year-old Frenchman famously spent more than two decades in charge of the ‘Gunners’, taking over on October 1, 1996 and leaving at the end of the 2017/18 season.

However, despite a host of impressive achievements, he has now admitted that his time in north London may also have been the biggest mistake he ever made.

“Perhaps staying at the same club for 22 years (was the biggest mistake of my career),” he told French news outlet ‘RTL’.

“I am someone who likes to move around a lot, but I also like a challenge. I’ve been a prisoner of my own challenge at times.”

Read more: https://sportblitzz.com/2018/07/18/arsene-wenger-staying-at-arsenal-for-22-years-is-my-biggest-regret/#ixzz5LcE5noNn

Re: Arsene Wenger: ‘staying At Arsenal For 22 Years Is My Biggest Regret’ by Jodhar: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
As if you didn't make too much money in those 22 years

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Extends Samir Nasri Ban To 18 Months / Figures Behind The Champions League Positional Awards: Who Will Win? / Official: Champions League Ball New-look Presented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.