Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out (2765 Views)

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
After being convinced to migrate to turkey �� by my friend I had to sell off all my little acquisition here in Nigeria. Now I’m having double minds of traveling for fear of not making money because I have just read a lot of stories about the country having beautiful places to visit but no jobs and difficulty in making it unless you have money to buy goods.
Fellow nairalanders who is currently in instanbul and how has it been so far? Any challenges? Are there sure jobs to earn good money?
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
Please guys help me out here
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by excanny: 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
What class of visa do you have?
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2018
excanny:
What class of visa do you have?
A student visa

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by excanny: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
henry255:

A student visa

I believe the fastest way for you is to visit other Turkey related threads and see if you can make contacts with any of the posters living in the country.
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by aniola1995(m): 11:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
henry255:
After being convinced to migrate to turkey �� by my friend I had to sell off all my little acquisition here in Nigeria. Now I’m having double minds of traveling for fear of not making money because I have just read a lot of stories about the country having beautiful places to visit but no jobs and difficulty in making it unless you have money to buy goods.
Fellow nairalanders who is currently in instanbul and how has it been so far? Any challenges? Are there sure jobs to earn good money?

Did you process it yourself or you use an agent.. How much did you spend In total.. I want to start my own processing too..
BTW, you can contact sloye5, I think he lives in Turkey. he will help you out
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by kellz0(m): 2:32am On Jul 19, 2018
henry255:

A student visa
bro how did you process your visa please help a brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2018
kellz0:

A Nigerian who lives there helped me
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2018
kellz0:

What I am concerned is if one can actually make good money while living there. I don’t want to end up regretting. If you need it chat me for her details
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by kellz0(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2018
henry255:

What I am concerned is if one can actually make good money while living there. I don’t want to end up regretting. If you need it chat me for her details
can we chat on WhatsApp?
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by xest(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
henry255:

am interested, how much was the processing
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by xest(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
Turkey is good I hv a course mate working there. There is job, mostly factory. U don't need to be afraid bro. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by aniola1995(m): 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
henry255:

can you drop your mail, or give us the details here..
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by tenmariner: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2018
I have a friend who schooled in turkey.. Currently in nigeria. He made me realized a lot about Turkey. Most of what he told me is the same with what Sloye is doing in the Turkish thread just that he has more info about Turkish schooling and the strategy,logistics invoIved. He made me realized that as a student in Turkish uni, if u are popular and smart, the school can make u country ambassador. Meaning u can help the school to bring more Nigerians and u will be on salary etc. wanted to share his info but I am scared of been banned.
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
tenmariner:
I have a friend who schooled in turkey.. Currently in nigeria. He made me realized a lot about Turkey. Most of what he told me is the same with what Sloye is doing in the Turkish thread just that he has more info about Turkish schooling and the strategy,logistics invoIved. He made me realized that as a student in Turkish uni, if u are popular and smart, the school can make u country ambassador. Meaning u can help the school to bring more Nigerians and u will be on salary etc. wanted to share his info but I am scared of been banned.

Really nice
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
xest:
Turkey is good I hv a course mate working there. There is job, mostly factory. U don't need to be afraid bro. Good luck

But what I’m saying is the maximum a student can make in a month while schooling is $450 and that’s poor for me cos I make more than that here inNigeria. So I don’t see it as a good profit venture going there since I make more here in Nigeria
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by xest(m): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2018
henry255:

But what I’m saying is the maximum a student can make in a month while schooling is $450 and that’s poor for me cos I make more than that here inNigeria. So I don’t see it as a good profit venture going there since I make more here in Nigeria
will u remain a student for ever there? Meanwhile u can also suspend the admission for some time and work.
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by Lordkross(m): 7:40am On Jul 20, 2018
You make over $450 monthly in Nigeria and you decided to move to Turkey Are you OK? If you are going to school, good for you, $450 for a student is pretty decent, even though i think it would mean you have to sacrifice your studies because Turkey is very mean, but asking for more is greed and wickedness. If you can do business plus your $450 monthly why not. Don't go to turkey to find work, go there to create one. They have all the opportunities you will need...look well. It is better than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by Bandeco(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2018
henry255:

My friend go and drink water. You make over 450 box ~ 160,000 naira and you want to travel to Turkey - a developing country to face uncertainty. Maybe you tell us what you are going there for. I heard Turkey is now a booming depot for yahoo yahoo
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 7:59am On Jul 20, 2018
xest:
will u remain a student for ever there? Meanwhile u can also suspend the admission for some time and work.
According to what I gathered they are factory jobs and are stressful
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by excanny: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lordkross:
You make over $450 monthly in Nigeria and you decided to move to Turkey Are you OK? If you are going to school, good for you, $450 for a student is pretty decent, even though i think it would mean you have to sacrifice your studies because Turkey is very mean, but asking for more is greed and wickedness. If you can do business plus your $450 monthly why not. Don't go to turkey to find work, go there to create one. They have all the opportunities you will need...look well. It is better than Nigeria.

It's a low-salary paying country. Almost on the same level as Nigeria.

I am yet to see the justification leaving Nigeria to earn peanuts in Turkey.

Maybe there's something I am not getting

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by AgentGoat: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2018
My guy don develop cold feet.

It been long I told myself say I no fit travel out of nigeria go dey earn peanut. You sold your properties because of Turkish visa?

My friend you no think well o. I prefer make I go other relatively good African countries.
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by excanny: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
henry255,

Just go ahead with your travel plan and see what fate has in store for you.

Turkey was on a good path, even to the point of joining EU before Erdogan took power, started islamizing the country, jailing and killing people and retarding the country's growth toward "third world country" status.

Wish you best of all tho, you can always come back to Nigeria if things didn't look up fine or move to a better place from there.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by xest(m): 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
henry255:

According to what I gathered they are factory jobs and are stressful
huh! So u no need stress abi? U no no say na hustling things. The better thing is dt u work n see ur money. So Brace up for the hustling ahead.
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 12:11am On Jul 21, 2018
xest:
huh! So u no need stress abi? U no no say na hustling things. The better thing is dt u work n see ur money. So Brace up for the hustling ahead.

Hmmm, you guys don’t seem to understand me. Turkeys economy is low and immigrants don’t have their way especially when it comes to high paying jobs. If you earn $450 as salary with all the stress even with restricted movement. you spend about $150 on rent and $120 on feeding, how much is left for you every month.

With what I’m hearing, Turkey is retrenching and on recess. How then can one get his expectations unless I go with enough to go into business. I feel bad � right over my decision.

Now I have gotten the visa, offers like USA �� and UK are coming and at cheaper rate. Wish they were the ones I applied for
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by Rexnegro(m): 2:35am On Jul 21, 2018
henry255:

Hmmm, you guys don’t seem to understand me. Turkeys economy is low and immigrants don’t have their way especially when it comes to high paying jobs. If you earn $450 as salary with all the stress even with restricted movement. you spend about $150 on rent and $120 on feeding, how much is left for you every month.

With what I’m hearing, Turkey is retrenching and on recess. How then can one get his expectations unless I go with enough to go into business. I feel bad � right over my decision.

Now I have gotten the visa, offers like USA �� and UK are coming and at cheaper rate. Wish they were the ones I applied for

am really feeling bad for u right now as well ...not good at blame games, will rather ask questions than blame you... didn't u research well first abt turkey ? are you really going there for study ? what are your plans after studying? what nature of studentship is it ? full or part time, if part time then u can do biz alongside.... bro I'd say u should go , better to know than don't know. it's a 50 50 situation, funny tin is the 50 that may bless you might just be the one u will meet.... then pray bro ask God to direct and show you where your blessing is in Turkey in advance.. good luck bro .
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 21, 2018
Funny thread and funny people. I have been to Turkey and I can tell you that your minimum wage of $450 is wrong.

The minimum wage in Turkey is 70 Turkish Lira per day and mind you, Turkey don't pay per hours like the western Europe.

You may want to know that 70TL is just little above #5,000 and the kind of jobs mostly available there are very hard and stressful

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by xest(m): 6:47am On Jul 21, 2018
henry255:

u can move to this places from turkey if u want. Just go and thank Me later. Meanwhile how much is UK n us visa
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by excanny: 10:05am On Jul 21, 2018
On the flip side, how is Turkish Education? Is it par with European standards?

I am searching for a country to do my masters and would prefer something better than this God forsaken Nigeria educational system.
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by henry255: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
excanny:
On the flip side, how is Turkish Education? Is it par with European standards?

I am searching for a country to do my masters and would prefer something better than this God forsaken Nigeria educational system.

just get your money ready... cyprus or ukraine or Uk is good for masters
Re: Scared Of Traveling To Instanbul And My Visa Is Out by kellz0(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
henry255:

i need her details bros

(1) (Reply)

Milan Malpensa Airport And Milan Bergamo Airport / Any Nl Studying In Warsaw(poland)? / America Is One If Not The Best Place For Migration And High Rate Of Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.