Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) (4280 Views)

Hp 430g4 Complete Casing, With Touchscreen And Battery For Sale / Is Your Inverter Battery Set Not Lasting Long? / 1kva inverter and 200w Solar Power System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
Inverters are rapidly being used in homes and offices, but in all we have too many improper installers of this inverters, as many are there for just the money, it’s called “hit and run”.

Here I will give intelligent detail on detecting your inverter was properly installed:

Say after me “Number 1”, I hope you said that else you are disobedient and you will be flogged now, that’s a joke!!!

First thing first
Environment: This is key, by environment I mean where your inverter was installed, some persons for the fear of fire and less educated by the so called engineer, install their inverter in the generators room or by it, as if inverters where made to work with smoke as their fuel.

Some even have their inverters installed in the house but with very little space for air, not too long they start praying for God to let the beeping stop, so they can finish watching a match or African Magic, ehen, African miracle ni... your inverter needs proper care, take it like a pet and not a slave; then your battery becomes happier, and lasts long both in duration and life span

“This typing don they taya me sha”

Say “Secondly”

The Installation structure must be checked, most persons are of the ideology that batteries should not sit on bear ground, they say it will make it get bad.

I laugh at them, but for the case of argument, I rather let it be on something, even though it’s not strongly opposed by me, I give my batteries the honour of being enthroned on something, even if it’s just a palette or racks. That idea of something under or not came from batteries that where used in the early 60s or so, this batteries where made in glass containers at that time, so whenever it’s charged and you leave it on the floor, due to the reaction between the batteries and the floor it gets discharged, owing this discharge to the Glass Containers, but you see we now used plastic which as no significant reaction with the floor!, anyway don’t let me bore you, Let’s keep our Fore fathers traditions!

Say “Thirdly”

Make una no vex, I am tired for now hope to continue this particular thread tomorrow!!!

By the way We deal on Inverter Inspection, relocations, Sales and Installations!
+ free phone consultations

I will drop my Number, but please no irrelevant questions abeg, or trying to know my prices so you can adjust yours abeg...

You can address yourself as” Hello am “. “ from Nairaland, so I understand!

Thank you for the reading!!!

tel:08031138665

3 Likes

Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Hi, good morning Nairalanders
As we continue, I like to say a big thank you for following this thread, even though you should be the one thanking me grin

Alright back to business,

Installing properly with right tools: Inverters come with cables and cable locks for batteries and the inverter, otherwise called connectors, this connectors maybe copper-like materials, and are connected behind the inverter and to the battery, most or standard manufacturing companies give distinctions to the cables by indicating the positive terminal wire as red and the negative as black, which is a standard for engineers in connections

Some engineers go to homes or sites with their own cables and cable locks, many a time due to the customer bought a used inverter or it’s a heavy duty inverter which needs more cabling among its batteries, before final terminal connection, you might notice that some use just the same colour codes for both negative and positive cables, this is both hazardous and costly, which could lead to fire, I believe you said “ fire keh ��‍♂️“ yes, everything is risky with wrong technicians. So the colour codes must be properly distinguishable.

Alright that’s enough for now.
Hope to finish this series soon because it’s really going to be long.

if you have questions, let it come in.
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by GRACEGLORY: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Nice one guy... obviously,you know wha you doing: you’re of the school of thought that states that:“Value comes first.”
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
GRACEGLORY:
Nice one guy... obviously,you know wha you doing: you’re of the school of thought that states that:“Value comes first.”

Ultimately, value comes first!
Thanks for reading!!!
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
A lot of people have the belief that a battery will discharge if it sits on the ground, I ve so far refused to argue with any of them.
Oan, I thought the theory came from the days when wood was used as opposed to glass?
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2018
I found no evidence for this claim on batteries on wood containers, it seams unpractical, certainly it should leak electrolyte

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_battery
For a bit on glass container theory
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
Inverters have remained the cheapest power conservation alternative today, getting a good education on it is more important than just buying any that ons when no power, so what are the things to consider before getting or relocating and inverter?

In our series of Inverter gist, I will unveil the best way to prolong the life span of “power equipments”
From Inverter to Solar

Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 8:03am On Jul 22, 2018
Mercury Inverters
Sukam Inverters
Prag Inverters
Sinergy Inverters
Luminous Inverters
Mpower Inverters

Note: This brands are not in a particular order of preference.
All of this inverters are Inverters I am 80% sure I have worked with and am 90% positive about, in all this Inverters there are some of them I like for flexibility sake and cost effective for low ranges of Inverters.

Mercury and Mpower Inverters: this Inverters comes with Modified sine wave brands which are 1.2kva and 2.4kva, and are cheap and also good.

In my next post, I will deal on Pure vs Modified sine wave Inverters

Most of this Inverters comes with at least 1 year warranty, when purchased new.

Choosing any of this brands depends wholly on your perception of cost, size, efficiency and mainly on service centres

Let’s align and discuss briefly

Cost of Inverters in Nigeria: Many of this inverter brands comes with their style of marketing, probably catch customer by beauty of presentation or additional features such as:
1. Low power consumption
2. Charges well under low voltage
3. Preservation of battery life
4. And so on

Size of Inverters in Nigeria: Inverters comes in different sizes: and your choice is largely dependent on you and the portability with your location of installation. This varies along brands

Efficiency of Inverters in Nigeria: Efficiency, one major thing to look out for, it’s a do as you said approach, what ever you find on the pack should be same with what you should experience, can be higher but not lower, if it’s said to carry your fridge for instance, it should according to the rating of the fridge you gave, and it should also give seem less current that won’t be responsible for distorting your appliances, ( Most Inverters listed here are safe in this light anyway).

Service Centre of Inverters in Nigeria: This is most important, as it saves you in Anxiety, nothing is more painful than when you have a faulty inverter and there are no service centre or you can’t locate any around you, this becomes frustrating especially when you are still in your warranty period, so before buying your inverter, make sure you confirm location of service centres.

That’s it for now.
Happy Sunday Landers...

1 Like

Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for reading!
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
I hope to deal on this soon!

Photo credit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJTZZQMO6YM

Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
Learning is best before than after a mistake, beware and be safe
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
Goodnight readers!
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2018
My Experience with Mercury Inverters:
Mercury Inverters are one of the cheapest Inverters for both dealers and customers, it’s portable for all size and also efficient in usage.

1. It has a new battery maintenance feature, especially the 2.4 Kva
2. Good Service centre
3. Last long for proper usage
4. Strong and with overload protection

And many more...
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2018
unicmarket:
My Experience with Mercury Inverters:
Mercury Inverters are one of the cheapest Inverters for both dealers and customers, it’s portable for all size and also efficient in usage.

1. It has a new battery maintenance feature, especially the 2.4 Kva
2. Good Service centre
3. Last long for proper usage
4. Strong and with overload protection

And many more...

Pack cover with details and specifications

Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 7:47am On Aug 01, 2018
Good morning
Reach us on 09076086952 for free on call Consulation
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 7:16am On Aug 02, 2018
Do some quick test on your inverter:

By this simple way:
Turn off your mains once the batteries are fully charged
Switch on your max Load
Time the discharge rate
And compare with the first time you used it

If you find a 70% reduction, certainly the batteries are bad
If you find a 50% deduction, certainly the batteries are still fair
If you find a 30% deduction, certainly the batteries are still good
If you find a 15% deduction, certainly the batteries are in very good state

Do you comparison as often as quarterly(year)

Raise a concern to your vendor for warranty checks or replacement if after 5 months , there is a 50-60% reduction.

Hope this helps someone...

1 Like

Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 9:36am On Aug 02, 2018
unicmarket:
Do some quick test on your inverter:

By this simple way:
Turn off your mains once the batteries are fully charged
Switch on your max Load
Time the discharge rate
And compare with the first time you used it

If you find a 70% reduction, certainly the batteries are bad
If you find a 50% deduction, certainly the batteries are still fair
If you find a 30% deduction, certainly the batteries are still good
If you find a 15% deduction, certainly the batteries are in very good state

Do you comparison as often as quarterly(year)

Raise a concern to your vendor for warranty checks or replacement if after 5 months , there is a 50-60% reduction.

Hope this helps someone...

Hope this helped

1 Like

Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by switosman(m): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
I have a faulty mercury inverter. because I could not get a service center in portharcourt, i gave to a solar tech to repair, which he could not. Do you know where mercury inverter service center is in portharcourt?
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by iamdebby(m): 8:18am On Aug 03, 2018
switosman:
I have a faulty mercury inverter. because I could not get a service center in portharcourt, i gave to a solar tech to repair, which he could not. Do you know where mercury inverter service center is in portharcourt?

Try a search on google
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
switosman:

Good! certainly, there is a good Mercury Inverter expert centre at Ogbatai Woji, Port Harcourt, but for mercury service centre, it’s here in Lagos, I would recommend you use the one over in PH, due to cost and timeliness, if it’s a service centre case, then the Engineer over there will take up the issue more easily.

Call the phone line here, introduce yourself so I link you up to the Firm in PH.

Call 08031138665
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hope to put up an educative preventive maintenance advice tomorrow!

Book a training session with me tomorrow

Questions would be attended too.

Good night Nairalanders
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
2.4kva Mercury Inverter for as low as 48k, 08031138665

Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
Good evening, you can ask your questions am online now
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by Bluefish7(m): 11:18am On Aug 20, 2018
Morning OP, please any idea on how to upgrade a 1kva inverter to 2kva? i emailed you, yet to get your reply.
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by unicmarket: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
Bluefish7:
Morning OP, please any idea on how to upgrade a 1kva inverter to 2kva? i emailed you, yet to get your reply.

Please call our phone: 09076086952
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by BIZZWEALTH: 8:47am On Nov 16, 2020
switosman:
Sir, what is fault showing on the inverter screen?
Contact us 07037451701.
For more information on Mercury Products visit mercurydirect.com.ng
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by surrogatesng: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2020
1KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono crystaline panels are known to perform better than polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 135,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuf_MvX_sXA
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002233_banner_jpeg527240edf39824fd5c835e23afd541ae
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

Clicl below to chat with us on whatsapp
https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,07068410532
Re: Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) by BIZZWEALTH: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2020
Nigeria Inverter Buying Guide
Power outages are frequent in Nigeria, and a suitable inverter and battery can be priceless during such events. It can be very frustrating when you are watching your favourite program on TV, and everything suddenly goes black. With an inverter and battery, you can have uninterrupted power supply without the noise and pollution of a generator.

But how do you choose the right ones? Which factors are essential to consider when buying an inverter and battery in Nigeria.

There are thousands of branded inverters and batteries on the Nigerian market. If you choose an inverter and battery combination with the wrong specification for your Use Case, you could end up with a costly mess.

The Nigeria inverter buying guide will arm you with the information you need to make the right choice for your circumstances.

Inverter Type
There are two primary types of inverters available on the market: Modified Sine Wave and Pure Sine Wave. If you wish to power small household appliances like lights, TV,s and fans, Modified Sine Wave inverters are affordable and have high efficiency. They will provide you with power comparable (but not identical) to what you get from NEPA.

If you would like to run larger appliances like a fridge, freezer, AC or medical equipment you should buy a Pure Sine Wave inverter. They are ideal for motor startups, make little or no noise and give power quality equivalent to what you get from NEPA; however, Pure Sine Wave inverter can cost twice as much as an equivalent Modified Sine Wave Inverter

Inverter Size
To choose the right inverter size for your needs, calculate the total wattage of all the electrical appliances you would like to run on the inverter. You will find the wattage of your machine by checking the power rating label located on each device or by reading the user manual and adding up the total wattage. If you wish to keep your total cost down, it is advisable to run only your essential appliances on the inverter. The following is an example:

Equipment Common Energy Consumption in Watts
Laptop 20W
Ceiling Fan 50W
DSTV 20W
Televisions 150W
Desktop Computer 85W
4 Energy Saving Bulbs 60W
TOTAL 385W
We recommend that you buy an inverter twice the size of your total energy requirements so that you have extra capacity and do not run the risk of overloading your inverter.

Contact us for more information on our products and services,
visit mercurydirect.com.ng

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5kva Diesel Generator Sound Proof 200k / Crazy Gadjet deals...Part 3....all sold out! / Latest Whatsapp Group Links Collection List 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.