Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

What Makes A Believer? The Mind Or The Heart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes A Believer? The Mind Or The Heart (334 Views)

What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Makes A Believer? The Mind Or The Heart by danvon(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
Backfire Effect

This is a scenario when giving people facts opposing a certain idea has the opposite effect and makes them more convinced that idea is right

What makes people believe.... some people are always quick to jump to facts what is fact to one person is false to another I think we need to define 'facts' itself

Homosexuality Is Natural

Mr A- Homosexuality is purely natural many organisms practice Homosexuality when there is no female

Mr B- a homosexual simply means someone who is attracted to the same sex most animals if given the option of male and female would choose the opposite sex therefore they are not homosexual

Incest

Mr X- I can't believe some Christians believe the world was created by Incest TWICE!!!

Mr Y- I can't believe some Atheist believe the world was produced from a common ancestor ...just think of the Incest rate!!!

And the argument goes on curtain falls

I believe people will believe it what they believe irrespective of facts or proofs i think we need to focus less time on the argument and more time on the movement.

PS. I'm not in the mood for attacks just felt like typing something

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/07/18 / Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians / The Penultimate Birthday Of Yahweh And Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.