Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo (580 Views)

''Anyone That Says Obasanjo Needs To See A Doctor Is Deluded - FFK / We Should Blame Ourselves, If Peace Eludes Nigeria, Says Obasanjo / Nigerians Are Frustrated, Says Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by browniecay: 3:30am On Jul 19, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has again attacked the Federal Government, stating that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration is incompetent and incapable of addressing the killings and poverty in the country.

He argued that the administration was confused and had reached the end of its tether while the nation was being left perilously to drift.
Instead of proffering solutions, the former leader said the government had been wringing its hands and “giving one unrighteous and unacceptable justification after the other.”

Obasanjo said this in a letter read on his behalf at a one-day national summit on insecurity and killings in Nigeria convened by the Northern Elders Forum, Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Pan Niger Delta Forum on Wednesday in Abuja.

The ex-President, who was represented by a former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, noted that Buhari was, by his action and inaction, doing a lot of harm to the nation’s commonwealth and heritage.
In the letter which was addressed to the NEF Chairman, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, the retired general recalled the discussion he had with the elder statesman about the danger to the nation’s democracy when he hosted him (Ango) in Abeokuta some weeks ago.

Obasanjo said, “When you kindly paid me a visit a couple of weeks ago, we deliberated on the danger to our democracy, our common identity, our commonality of purpose, our dream and our unity in diversity.

“We lamented the harm that the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, by his action and inaction, has done and is doing to our commonwealth and our common heritage.”

The Owu chief added that the nation had never been so divided along religious and regional lines as being witnessed today.
“The obvious indication is that the government is seemingly confused and has got to the end of its tether and the nation is being left divisively and perilously to drift.
Earlier last week, I noted in a speech some undesirable elements being allowed and being introduced to our democracy by this administration. If these are not stopped, they could be the death knell of our democracy,” he stressed.

The elder statesman, however, expressed hope that in spite of the unfortunate situation created by the government, his consultations with people had given him hope.

“People are not ready to give up in despair and leave their fate and their present and future in the hands of inept leadership for their lives to be ruined. I see common concern across the nation irrespective of tribe, religion, language and social standing that the situation should be retrieved and the nation should be saved,” he stated.

The former President admonished the elders to continue with the dialogue which he said was necessary to clear misgivings, misunderstanding, misperception, misrepresentation, erroneous beliefs and outdated ideas and concepts.

http://punchng.com/buhari-govt-confused-incompetent-to-stem-killings-says-obasanjo/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by mannobi(m): 3:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Buhari has a long history of incompetence and he doesn't seem to realise it.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 19, 2018
My greatest fear is the fact that Buhari may still win 2019 election and I am so terrified and uncertain the tyrant will forcefully rig himself into power. Buhari won't relinquish power just like Goodluck did. He is not a Democrat just as Goodluck was. Buhari is a dictator! That Military identify still defines him!
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Bucky001(m): 4:03am On Jul 19, 2018
I wake up everyday thinking why I am a Nigerian. The thought that never came to me when this nepotistic and animalistic personified element wasn't on the saddle. The earlier we realize that Buhari is the real enemy of this country, the better for us.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by dingbang(m): 4:10am On Jul 19, 2018
cool
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:56am On Jul 19, 2018
Each day I simply drop a thumbs down for Demon Buhari while reading on his latest Casualties who are always in dozens.

Buhari might have killed over a Million since he ascended the seat of President 2015, only time will tell.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Donald95(m): 5:19am On Jul 19, 2018
AccessME:
My greatest fear right is the fact that Buhari may still win 2019 election and I have so terrified and uncertain the tyrant will falsely rig himself into power. Buhari won't relinquish power just like Goodluck did. He is not a Democrat just as Goodluck was. Buhari is a dictator! That Military identify still defines him!

He will win by voting, Morons with connive with Herdsmen and vote him back, They choose death than standing were Igbo man stands
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by erinolu(m): 5:22am On Jul 19, 2018
I just hope that the spate of poverty will not confuse PVC carrying Nigerians from voting out this incompetent and nepotic president.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Dottore: 5:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Nigerians would still sell their votes and cry foul for another 4 years. They have started by supporting non performing incumbent Governors of their respective states because of few spoons of porridge.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 19, 2018
More like unwilling to bring an end to the killings
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Hector09(m): 5:38am On Jul 19, 2018
Obasanjo might nt be a saint, but this buhari admistration is something else, forget abt the economy, security is f9 we woke up to hear different bad news every blessed day
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by orisa37: 5:44am On Jul 19, 2018
Good.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by CodeTemplar: 5:45am On Jul 19, 2018
Confused and complacent. He supports his people irrespective of his confusion and people still see him as a good Muslim above all. God help us.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by orisa37: 5:48am On Jul 19, 2018
He grows duller everyday and miscreants are taking advantage everywhere.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by orisa37: 6:20am On Jul 19, 2018
He is planning to win by default. No Restructuring before 2019, Buhari will come back to slice our Throats.. That is the way of a Fulani Herdsman. Then he will say what OBJ, IBB, TYD and others couldn't do he has done them. A psychopathtic feelings of sort.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Bamoski1: 6:21am On Jul 19, 2018
Ipob miscreants let it sink into your thick skulls this morning, there is nothing you can do to cajol Nigerians to do your bidding. Stop living in fools paradise
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by sdindan: 6:36am On Jul 19, 2018
AccessME:
My greatest fear right is the fact that Buhari may still win 2019 election and I have so terrified and uncertain the tyrant will falsely rig himself into power. Buhari won't relinquish power just like Goodluck did. He is not a Democrat just as Goodluck was. Buhari is a dictator! That Military identify still defines him!

There will be no election in 2019.
If you know you know.

The oppositions will not allow what happened in Ekiti state to repeat. It will be bloody.
Buhari is senseless . I were him I would have allowed the PDP to have their way in Ekiti . It will make then and d world believe that 2019 will be free and fair. Then he strike.

Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by englishmart(m): 6:58am On Jul 19, 2018
Even the just commissioned Abuja metro station itself, knows baba is too calm about these killings..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Paperwhite(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Buhari never have any records of competency.From his quota system enlistment into the army & rise therein.As El-Rufai once said "Buhari is the only senior army officer that have no suffix; MNI, PSS, MSS etc attached to his name."
Idiagbon ruled then for him hence the presidency cabal again are doing so for him again.Yet OBJ went ahead to foist the dullard on Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Lipscomb(m): 7:37am On Jul 19, 2018
grin Nigeria is bigger than your satanic party. If you want to know if Nigeria's still support him or not come to southwest .
sdindan:

There will be no election in 2019.
If you know you know.

The oppositions will not allow what happened in Ekiti state to repeat. It will be bloody.
Buhari is senseless . I were him I would have allowed the PDP to have their way in Ekiti . It will make then and d world believe that 2019 will be free and fair. Then he strike.
Re: Buhari Govt Confused, Incompetent To Stem Killings, Says Obasanjo by Omeokachie: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2018
But you brought in the incompetent tyrant.
You failed to see what some of us saw back then in 2015, and have known since 1984.

(1) (Reply)

PDP To Boycott 2019 Polls If… – Secondus / PDP Goes To Tribunal Over Ekiti Election / Port Harcourt Was Named After A Pedophile: Writer Clamours For Name Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.