Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Perspective: Èkìtì's Electorate Culpability - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perspective: Èkìtì's Electorate Culpability (294 Views)

Insecurity In The North- Our (southern) Culpability / Sacked Sunset Workers In Kwara And Our Culpability In Impunity / Insight Into Ganduje's $5million Bribe And Jafar's Culpability In Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perspective: Èkìtì's Electorate Culpability by doclatom(m): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
I've been reading all differing analyses and opinions on the just concluded election in Èkìtì State. Sadly, none I've seen so far has really examined what exactly went wrong with the Èkìtì people on the D-DAY!

Vote Buying
Let's shift focus from those who paid to those who collected. What this shows is that Èkìtì electorate are a big disappoinment and they honestly lack any sense true loyalty. Their loyalty is only as deep as the next ₦1000 they get from you! Sign of a people who will do anything as long you fill their belly, albeit temporary and with sinister motives. This isn't about Fayose or Fayemi. It's about the game both played and how Èkìtì people responded. I'm sorry to say, even Almajiris make a stand always and show fervent loyalty more than the supposedly enlightened and suave Èkìtì people. No wonder these Èkìtì bought into Fayose stomach infrastructure efforts and equally encouraged him to sit with them to eat kulikuli and groundnut instead of putting him task on better state development initiatives. Looks like they'll blatantly sell their parents home for a morsel of bread! I weep for Èkìtì people. They are a bad omen for this country. The best set of people whose loyalty is as fickle as their next hunger pangs and sense of reasoning as good as how much they receive from you.
I'm just so disappointed with the general mien of Èkìtì people. The only good thing I see from those people is a girl I once dated when I was in OAU. A cute nursing student who radiated enthusiasm and positivity!

Nigeria.
Let's face the truth, more than half of Nigerian electorate will do the same. This trend doesn't look like it will end before next year's elections!

We are our own problems.
Re: Perspective: Èkìtì's Electorate Culpability by intruxive(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
Even the people from your village in nnewi will sell their vote to the highest bidder, leave ekiti for its people onugo angry
Re: Perspective: Èkìtì's Electorate Culpability by doclatom(m): 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
intruxive:
Even the people from your village in nnewi will sell their vote to the highest bidder, leave ekiti for its people onugo angry

Olódò ní ẹ! I'm a proud Yoruba man!
Re: Perspective: Èkìtì's Electorate Culpability by intruxive(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
doclatom:

Olódò ní ẹ! I'm a proud Yoruba man!
Yes I know, yoruba from nnewi undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Unhealthy  Retention Of CHARMS Plc By NBA For 2018 Election / Press Release / Who Knows Tomorrow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.