Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Should I Go Back For My HND Programme? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Go Back For My HND Programme? (1278 Views)

What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme / Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year / I Need Ur Advice With Regards To My Hnd Status: Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Back For My HND Programme? by PROFNICHO(m): 11:41am On Mar 27, 2007
I study STATISTICS in one of the polytechnics at Osun State and I have Distinction as grade. But now am trying to go back of my HND but when I heard about scraping of HND I don’t know what to do because my O / Level result is yet to complete for the past 5 years I have been writing WAEC.
I made all the subjects both in Commercial and Science subject but I usually have D7 in English, which I don’t know if there are any universities that we take it for direct entry.
If there is any please don’t hesitate to inform me.

Or should I go back for my HND programme?
Re: Should I Go Back For My HND Programme? by ishmael(m): 6:02pm On Mar 27, 2007
FG have scrapped HND programs in Nigeria. You can only proceed to to do BTech in Statistics in any college of Technology or go to a conventional university for a BSc in Statistics.

Yes i know of people with passes in either maths or english who graduated from universities with Bsc and what have you. You can try, don't give up.
Re: Should I Go Back For My HND Programme? by valendone(m): 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2007
Will the process of scraping polytechnics continue even now that the minister is no logger there?
Re: Should I Go Back For My HND Programme? by sesantek: 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2007
hi,
my simple advice is that you should go ahead and do whatever you want to do.nigeian government are not stable with their policies.Even if they scrap it, they will have to do something about those already offering the programme.so, have no fear.
sesantek
Re: Should I Go Back For My HND Programme? by bolanle069(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2007
The conversion of polytechnics into universities is one un-informed decision that was taken without due consultation or due process and as such can't stand the test of time.

So i advice u 2 go ahead and continue with ur programme now u have the opportunity.

u can read more from here if ur not convinced. : http://allafrica.com/stories.

(1) (Reply)

Unijos Post-ume Registration Is Hell Right Now / Final Year Project / Imsu Resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.