Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Homemade Coconut Oil Cleanser In 5 Minutes : Do It Yourself Guide - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Homemade Coconut Oil Cleanser In 5 Minutes : Do It Yourself Guide (348 Views)

General Body And Infection Cleanser. / FUNMI COCONUTS: 100% UNADULTERATED COCONUT OIL, COCONUT FLOUR, COCONUT FUFU / Man Dies Due To Unavailability Of Oxygen In 5 Nigerian Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Homemade Coconut Oil Cleanser In 5 Minutes : Do It Yourself Guide by tinahealth(f): 6:01am On Jul 20, 2018
Do you want to make some coconut oil cleanser of your own?

The products available on the market are often expensive and laced with chemicals and preservatives. These additions which can cause allergic reactions and other skin troubles like acne, hyperpigmentation, etc.

So, it is a good idea to make coconut oil cleanser at home!

According to Bioriginal Coconut oil is amazing for your skin as it has antibacterial properties. It is also loaded with antioxidants and works as a natural moisturizer.

In this blog post, I will share an excellent DIY antibacterial coconut oil cleanser recipe.

It worked like magic on my skin!

Let’s begin!

How to Make the Antibacterial Coconut Oil Cleanser
Acne had been on the top of my list of skin concerns since my teenage years. So, all of my face products needed to have antibacterial properties.

Following are the ingredients for the recipe:

Coconut Oil: You can use any coconut oil but, cold pressed virgin is the best kind
Olive Oil: This oil is rich in Vitamins A, D, E, and K, had a lot of antioxidants as well as antibacterial properties
Tea tree Oil: Tea tree oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties which makes it one of the best oils for treating acne

Coconut oil becomes solid when in temperatures below 76 degrees F. So, you’ll have to melt your cleanser in some warm water before you can use it.

In this recipe, I use the following proportions:

70% of the cleanser is 100% virgin cold pressed coconut oil
25% of the cleanser is 100% virgin cold pressed olive oil
5% of the cleanser is cold pressed tea tree oil
Since all of these oils have antibacterial properties, this cleanser works well for those who are dealing with acne!

Now, I’ll show you how you can make antibacterial coconut oil cleanser on your own!

Keep reading.

Step-by-step Guide for Making Your Antibacterial Coconut Oil Cleanser
I like to make two week’s worth of cleanser in one go. So, I’ve only made a small amount of the cleanser.

But, you can make a month’s worth of this cleanser using this recipe—the choice is yours!

I use this at nighttime to remove all the dust, pollution, and makeup from my skin and let it breathe for the night.

But, that’s my personal preference!

Step 1: Use an Adequate Container
While most people prefer using a jar, I like something mess-free.

I use a traveling container with a pump for this cleanse. It is easier to use with the cleanser in its liquid form, and you don’t have to put your dirty hands in the jar to take out the product!

Plus, it’s a good choice for those who travel a lot.

Step 2: Melt the Coconut Oil and Add it to Your Container
If you live in a cold area, you’ll have to melt the coconut oil to put it in the container.

Don’t microwave the oil!

Instead, put the oil container in some warm water, and within a few minutes, the oil will liquify. Then, you just have to put it in the container.

Step 3: Add the Olive Oil
Next up, you need to add some Olive oil to the coconut oil and mix it well. I like to shake the container so that the oils mix well.

But, they don’t always remain that way.

The oils start to separate with time, so, you’ll need to shake the container before you use the cleanser.

Step 4: Add Some Tea Tree Oil
Just a few drops of tea tree oil to the cleanser will give it a lovely scent and the fantastic properties of this oil.

Shake the container well to mix it with the other oils.

Step 5: Shake Well Before Use
Yes, making your coconut oil cleanser at home is an easy process.

But, keep in mind that you have to shake this mixture well before every use as the oils separate and form their layer.

To get benefits of all the oils, remember to shake it well.

In cold areas or during winter time, the cleanser will solidify into a white substance. But, that’s normal. Just warm the cleanser up before use, and you’ll be good to go!

How to Use Coconut Oil Cleanser
Coconut oil cleanser is very easy to use. In this section of the blog, I’ll go through the steps you can follow to use this DIY cleanser.

Melt the coconut oil cleanser by putting the container in warm water for a minute or two
Take a moderate amount of the cleanser (about two pumps) in your palms and apply it evenly on your face
Massage it in for at least 60 seconds
Wipe it off using cotton pads or a washcloth
If you have oily skin, you can use water to remove the cleanser to avoid clogged pores
That’s all

Final Words
Coconut oil cleansers available on the market can be quite pricey and laced with preservatives and chemicals.

I feel that it is better to make your own at home for a fraction of the price!

This coconut oil cleanser is good for those who have normal to dry skin.

It helps calm your acne down as well!

You can use this even if you have oily skin. You will probably need to make some adjustments to the recipe and experiment with the proportions of oils used according to your skin’s unique needs.

I hope this recipe works out well for you! Let me know how it’s worked for you in the comments section. If you have any questions, I’ll answer them all in the comments section as well!

https://tinahealthbeauty.com/homemade-coconut-oil-cleanser-in-5-minutes-do-it-yourself-guide/

(1) (Reply)

Ulcerative Colitis / Herbal Treatment For Gastrointestinal Tract Infections. / Gonorrhoea 101—THEHEALTHYMAIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.