Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) (45346 Views)

Policeman Who Flogged A Man With A Cutlass Faces Trial / Native Doctor Asks The Gods To Kill Man Who Flogged A Lady In Libya / Tola Azeez: Police Officers Who Flogged A Woman Yesterday In Osun Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by thedondada(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
aribisala0:
First of all that is not really relevant. What is important is the allegation of asault. Why do we specialize in majoring in minors
I asked for a definition of admission? What exactly is "admission"

Different Hospitals have their procedures and protocol. Private Hospitals have a different approach to public ones Though a large number of what we call "hospitals" in Nigeria do not merit the name
There was no rule wriiten on the tablets of Stone that Moses brought with him following his meeting with God Almighty about admission to hospital

Whatever the case how is any of that a justification for assault

Guy you asked a question and I answered. You raised the point not me. I haven't seen anyone who agreed that the nurse should be assaulted for admitting a patient. You said what makes the nurse bold to admit a patient on her own.
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by aribisala0(m): 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
thedondada:

Guy you asked a question and I answered. You raised the point not me. I haven't seen anyone who agreed that the nurse should be assaulted for admitting a patient. You said what makes the nurse bold to admit a patient on her own.

I asked a question? Was it you I asked? What was the context of the question? You just inserted yourself and started talking tangentially

Please do not quote me out of context . I did not ask what makes the nurse bold to admit a patient on her own. That is a very different syntax from what I asked. What is "bold" about a nurse admitting a patient Theydo not mean the same thing
I am not here to give English lessons but the two do not mean the same thing

Good if we agree that the nurse should not be assaulted let us stick to that. The only reason for all this nonsense about who can admit is to suggest that there can be justification for assault. This is not the time or place to be talking about admission and boldness to admit
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2018
asuustrike2009:
am not refering to you but the medical doctor
Oooh....that.....
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by Yankee101: 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Doctors wey sabi no dey make noise. The ones dey manage graduate with let-my-people-go go just dey para
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by thedondada(m): 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
aribisala0:

I asked a question? Was it you I asked? What was the context of the question? You just inserted yourself and started talking tangentially

Please do not quote me out of context . I did not ask what makes the nurse bold to admit a patient on her own. That is a very different syntax from what I asked. What is "bold" about a nurse admitting a patient Theydo not mean the same thing
I am not here to give English lessons but the two do not mean the same thing

Good if we agree that the nurse should not be assaulted let us stick to that. The only reason for all this nonsense about who can admit is to suggest that there can be justification for assault. This is not the time or place to be talking about admission and boldness to admit

Go back and see tour first comment on this thread and whom you quoted.

The original post said the doctor assaulted the nurse because she admitted a patient. That gives the impression that she couldn't admit the patient based on her decision alone.

Hence I asked why was she bold enough to do that.

You said what is admission and what is bold about a nurse admitting a patient. ( here's where you are playing with english).

I responded and here we are.

Honestly I don't need you to give me English lessons. Let's stick to the point of assault and not smarty pants
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by thedondada(m): 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
aribisala0:

Define "admission"

What does it actually mean to "admit" a patient?
Why can't a nurse admit a patient without a doctor's input? What is "bold" about that.
There is no universal rule that forbids nurses admitting patients it all depends on the hospital what their rules are

Here's you.

According to information the nurse doesn't admit the patient without the doctors input and I asked clarification.

You may clarify for us why a nurse can admit without the doctors input. We learn everyday.
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by aribisala0(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
thedondada:

Here's you.

According to information the nurse doesn't admit the patient without the doctors input and I asked clarification.

You may clarify for us why a nurse can admit without the doctors input. We learn everyday.
I am very happy to discuss that with you no problem. Create a thread and invite me I will join you no problem. That is not what this particular thread is about. Getting into that will derail us from the brutality of the doctor and the pursuit of justice which are the main issues here. Let us not go off at a tangent
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by aribisala0(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
thedondada:

Go back and see tour first comment on this thread and whom you quoted.

The original post said the doctor assaulted the nurse because she admitted a patient. That gives the impression that she couldn't admit the patient based on her decision alone.

Hence I asked why was she bold enough to do that.

You said what is admission and what is bold about a nurse admitting a patient. ( here's where you are playing with english).

I responded and here we are.

Honestly I don't need you to give me English lessons. Let's stick to the point of assault and not smarty pants
The issue here is asault and court case not silly dialogue about admission.
Honestly all that is relevant is that there was a work based misunderstanding and rather than pursue civilized resolution he chose to act like a boxer. Why are we getting into the details of the who can admit ? You talk about "impression"

The only impression here from you is that somehow we need to better understand admission protocol in order to resolve this matter. That she deserved what happened to her?
You really are preposterous. Saying she was "BOLD" so in other words such boldness needs to be smacked down?

Even if she was not supposed to admit and she did why is that "bold" could it not have been an error or miscommunication? Why call it BOLDNESS? That shows bias on your side
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by nobilie: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2018
Waiting for when Chinese, Indian and Lebanese business owners in Nigeria will be charged to court.
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by Jman06(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
aribisala0:

They are both adult professionals governed by ethics or rules. There is no place for assault no matter what.

No ifs, no buts no explanations.
With regard to the claim that she had no business admitting that is debatable

What is the definition of "admission"

When a patient is seen at A&E have they been "admitted"
First you say the facts are not available but you have concluded that she "admitted a patient" based on what?

Even if she admiited . Why does she have no business admitting based on the rules of that hospital or a WHO agreement that nurses cannot admit?

You say it is not her duty to admit ?? Again this needs clarification because this is the sort of nonsense I hear from Nigerian doctors.

There are many many World class hospitals where doctors have no gatekeeper function. Rather admission s controlled by a Bed Manager usually a senior Nurse. The best the doctor can do f they consider admission inappropriate is to discharge and then discuss at service improvement meetings not flogging the nurse
Don't mind the insecure foolz called nigerian medical doctors. They always claim to be the all knowing in the hospital.

This stuppid doctor should have tried that rubbish with a male nurse and have his teeth smashed. Ediots !!!
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by thedondada(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2018
aribisala0:
The issue here is asault and court case not silly dialogue about admission.
Honestly all that is relevant is that there was a work based misunderstanding and rather than pursue civilized resolution he chose to act like a boxer. Why are we getting into the details of the who can admit ? You talk about "impression"

The only impression here from you is that somehow we need to better understand admission protocol in order to resolve this matter. That she deserved what happened to her?
You really are preposterous. Saying she was "BOLD" so in other words such boldness needs to be smacked down?

Even if she was not supposed to admit and she did why is that "bold" could it not have been an error or miscommunication? Why call it BOLDNESS? That shows bias on your side

I think you are the one who's biased.

My first statement was why the guy reacted like that when obviously other ways to resolve the issue were available.

I said the nurse was bold because from information I garnered it's not in her job description . You tried playing with grammar on the admission word.

He shouldn't have and does not have the right to hit a staff, woman or anybody.

Modified

Just saw your first post.

Cool
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by aribisala0(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
thedondada:

I think you are the one who's biased.

My first statement was why the guy reacted like that when obviously other ways to resolve the issue were available.

I said the nurse was bold because from information I garnered it's not in her job description . You tried playing with grammar on the admission word.

He shouldn't have and does not have the right to hit a staff, woman or anybody.

Modified

Just saw your first post.

Cool

Whether it is her job description is not relevant to the immediate matter.

Focusing on that is wrong because it suggests that somehow she deserved what she got because she was bold enough to go beyond her bounds

That is perverse
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by PropertyDeals(f): 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
Thermodynamics:
Nigerians are power drunk, that's how they behave like a God when they are given one small post with no one to query them.

Typical Black man nature.
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by thedondada(m): 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2018
aribisala0:

Whether it is her job description is not relevant to the immediate matter.

Focusing on that is wrong because it suggests that somehow she deserved what she got because she was bold enough to go beyond her bounds

That is perverse

I think you are still missing my point. The guy was WRONG!!! No matter the provocation.

I never said she deserved it because she went beyond her duties required which in my opinion should be applauded . I only tried to reason out the cause and effect of the matter. The outcome remains the same. It's assault.

The cause and effect must be understood despite outcomes. Someone said a male nurse would have smashed his teeth in.

Now cause and effect....

That's still wrong. Don't misunderstand my point.
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by aribisala0(m): 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
thedondada:

I think you are still missing my point. The guy was WRONG!!! No matter the provocation.

I never said she deserved it because she went beyond her duties required which in my opinion should be applauded . I only tried to reason out the cause and effect of the matter. The outcome remains the same. It's assault.

The cause and effect must be understood despite outcomes. Someone said a male nurse would have smashed his teeth in.

Now cause and effect....

That's still wrong. Don't misunderstand my point.

It is a matter of context. There is a time and place for EVERYTHING. You do not go to a man's funeral and say you warned him too stop smoking.

There is no "cause and effect" at this point . That is just autistic thinking. It is irrelevant 100%
Bringing it up as partt of the discussion is really perverse.
Did you hear a statement from the doctor that he did what he did because she admitted a patient. Yes or No?
Did you hear an admission from her that indeed she admitted a patient?
why then are we ignoring the obvious and searching for the NOT LOST>

He assaulted her she informed the police then let each person have their say.
He can then tell the court his side
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by shoboy9: 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
No useful information on this thread. Since jist all over time is that the duo have been dating for long without getting married. But how did that turn into slap and flog. Please somebody shoul;d bring correct gist jare!
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by olowobaba10: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2018
sirzent:
THIS IS NIGERIA

NO THAT IS ETHIOPIA!
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by QualityHealthCa: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2018
thedondada:
For shizzy. This story has more to it.

Why not refer the patient

Why assault the nurse

He's not the owner of the hospital ? Why was he angry to the extent of assaulting a female staff. Why tell your staff to kneel down. ( an adult )

Also why did the nurse admit a patient without the doctors input. What gave her such boldness?

Finally he shouldn't have assaulted her, just report to the owner of the hospital. Now he's up the creek without a paddle.

P.s bloggers would say that Dr assaults nurse for refusing sexual advances. See one below

If you know the crap going on in hospitals and what doctors are suffering, you'll wonder why doctors still practice in this country...
Re: Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) by aribisala0(m): 8:03am On Jul 22, 2018
Only doctors suffer? Nurses do not suffer ? Cleaners do not suffer? Cooks do not suffer?

The doctors suffer such cruel and unusual punishment that justifies them flogging other staff?

What a moronic comment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Widow Cries After SARS Killed Her Son In Edo / Cultist Shoots Self While Loading Gun In Ogun / Kess Billions, Nigerian Suspected Robber Declared Wanted By Police In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.