Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 (41320 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu In 2015 Vs 2021, What Has Changed? / Buhari’s Sneakers In 2015 Vs 2019 (Photos) / HILARIOUS: Tolu Ogunlesi Responded To Peter Obi's Tweet In Chinese Language(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by els0nm0rali(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
madridsta007:

BMC. It’s an office establishment, with an address. You should be proud of it.

I would respond if only I knew what you were yapping about.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by CharleyBright(m): 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
els0nm0rali:

It may sound like hate to you, but it's not.

If there's something that is most repulsive, it is incompetence.

How can she manage the economy of a country for close to 6 years with oil price at it's highest in forever and

1. You left the national Treasury far less than you inherited

2. You aided and abetted wanton corruption in the administration you led.

3. Barely a year after leaving office, the nation went straight into recession.

Look, there's no magic about it, she is very culpable. The best she could have done was to resign.

Most people don't realize that she want just the finance minister, she was the coordinating minister for the economy, a prime minister so to speak.

We all knew Jonathan was a figurehead.

Anybody can write book and claim anything. She's just fortunate that her country is a banana republic and the minds of the youths there are like akamu.

Ask yourself, why was the Central Bank governor, Lamido Sanusi fired by Jonathan? 18billion dollars strolled leisurely out of the CBN during Okonjo Iwela's time and we keep hailing her as a hero.

Heck, I'd have more confidence in Chukwuma Soludo as finance minister than this Western imperialist puppet.

It's not about tribe. But unfortunately we can't tell ourselves the truth because of tribal differences.

People from the eastern part of the country think because the oyinbo man is giving her awards and rewarding her with jobs so she must have done a great job in Nigeria.

Facts are on ground. Check them yourself.

She's a villain and not a hero and it's got nothing to do with her tribe.

I don't hate her, I despise her. The same level at which I despise Jonathan and Deziani.

Blatant hatred openly displayed.
The word "Despise" that you used, is even worse than "Hate".
Check yourself. Blind and unjustifiable hatred is cancerous. It kills.
Wait not long from now Madam Ngozi that you so despised will be accorded another International pointment.
Maybe by then, your hatred for her will lead you to suicide.

By the way, which of your entire family has ever gotten one-tenth of her international and national status?? Pls tell me.
You hate her cos she is better than your entire generation will ever be?
Haters!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by Bizibi(m): 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
els0nm0rali:

It may sound like hate to you, but it's not.

If there's something that is most repulsive, it is incompetence.

How can she manage the economy of a country for close to 6 years with oil price at it's highest in forever and

1. You left the national Treasury far less than you inherited

2. You aided and abetted wanton corruption in the administration you led.

3. Barely a year after leaving office, the nation went straight into recession.

Look, there's no magic about it, she is very culpable. The best she could have done was to resign.

Most people don't realize that she want just the finance minister, she was the coordinating minister for the economy, a prime minister so to speak.

We all knew Jonathan was a figurehead.

Anybody can write book and claim anything. She's just fortunate that her country is a banana republic and the minds of the youths there are like akamu.

Ask yourself, why was the Central Bank governor, Lamido Sanusi fired by Jonathan? 18billion dollars strolled leisurely out of the CBN during Okonjo Iwela's time and we keep hailing her as a hero.

Heck, I'd have more confidence in Chukwuma Soludo as finance minister than this Western imperialist puppet.

It's not about tribe. But unfortunately we can't tell ourselves the truth because of tribal differences.

People from the eastern part of the country think because the oyinbo man is giving her awards and rewarding her with jobs so she must have done a great job in Nigeria.

Facts are on ground. Check them yourself.

She's a villain and not a hero and it's got nothing to do with her tribe.

I don't hate her, I despise her. The same level at which I despise Jonathan and Deziani.

hehehehehehe,facts indeed

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by madridsta007(m): 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
els0nm0rali:

I would respond if only I knew what you were yapping about.

Great.

Let us hope you keep your word this time and do not respond AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by fallout87: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
els0nm0rali:
This overhyped woman again?

She ruined her nation's economy according to the wishes of the imperialist white supremacists and now she's being rewarded for a job well done and some bonobo monkeys are jumping to her defence to celebrate her?

Foolish nonsense with no facts.

The irony that the "imperialist whites" backed APC and Buhari is lost on you. When GEJ blasted them and refused their imposition of homosexuality they worked to get him removed.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by blunt1990: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
@eis0m0rail

I read your posts with disappointment but you are totally entitled to your opinion so I respect that, even though I completely disagree with you.

Firstly, PDP and APC is the same, so I see no difference. I do not support any political party in Nigeria. I have never voted in Nigeria because I have not seen any smart presidential aspirant that have the qualities required to lift Nigeria. I'm a strong advocate of one Nigeria as that ought to be our strength.

You mentioned that NOI blamed the Governors for sharing oil revenue from the Excess Crude Account. Remember there was a Supreme court judgement against keeping the funds in the account after Amechi took the case to court. Her hands were tied hence the funds were shared. Secondly the function of a finance minister is to allocate funds and see that funds are distributed to the appropriate bodies and institutions, correct me if I'm wrong. Finance Minister can not question the heads of institutions on how they spend their funds unless through the appropriate channel, NPF or EFCC. I dont think a finance minister can hold back fund due to Govt bodies, correct me if I'm wrong. Once there is approval from relevant authorities, she is bound to approve and see that the funds are disbursed.

You suggested that she should have resigned; thats how easy it sounds. I'll use myself as an example; I returned to Nigeria in 2010 to start a company. We got to the point where we were servicing a lot of companies in Abuja. I had over 50 permanent staff and there were a lot of sharp practices that were going on among the staff (always trying to steal and enrich themselves criminally). If I understand your suggestion, I should given up and ran back to where I came from, but no. I tried to change the mindset of many of my staff. I saw that as an opportunity to contribute to Nigeria through provision of employment and also make them a better and more upright citizens. It worked for some but not everyone. I spent 80% of my time on research, building system that will either eliminate or drastically reduce the rate of theft. In the end, you are only left to spend 20% of time on actual company growth. That was really defeating but I didnt give up. I loved Nigeria so much that I fought back real hard and had to employ two guys to research on how to minimize or eliminate theft. They did an amazing job though. Reason for saying all these is to inform you that Nigerians will call you a coward or you may even feel like one when you run at the slightest challenge in an effort to serve your country. You work hard to build institutions or systems that will prevent it from repeating itself, thats about the first thing you learn as an Engr or a Project Manager in western countries. Fighting corruption is best done through institutionalization of our processes.

This brings me to the issue of TSA. She designed the system to prevent head of institutions from having direct assess to funds which was a wonderful idea. These are corruption-preventive institutions. The new Govt came into power and started immediate implementation in a flawed manner. Why would you take out 3Trillion Naira ($10B out of $450B GDP - 2.2% of our GDP) from the economy in one swell swoop. Thats enough to drop the economic growth by well over 2.2% directly, and further drop through ripple effects. To prevent recession, the new Govt should have first struck an agreement with top banks in Nigeria to borrow the fund at say 6-10% annual interest rate rather than leaving them idle in CBN account. This action alone is enough to cause terrible recession. Secondly, stock and bond investors took out about $82-$85B from Nigerian economy as soon as they had hint on forex rules that was about to come into effect (that was 17% of Nigerian GDP).

Why wont the economy go into recession when all the funds that businessmen ought to work with to increase revenue and pay tax to Govt is leaving the shores of the country while some are lying idle in CBN account.

I have also laid off almost all my staff and current have only 4 staff running skeletal operation until 2020 when I'll finally close my operation in Nigeria for good. I know how much i have taken out of the economy and so many of my friends have done the same. I have seen people close their Nigerian operation and moved over a million dollars out of the Nigerian economy. I blame all that in the utterances of the new Govt and the level of insecurity in the country. My friends and myself are closing our Nigerian operation due to regression we saw in Nigeria in the past 8 years. Things haven't got better in anyway, either PDP, APC or APGA.... They have all failed Nigeria. We need a smart, intelligent and creative President who can think outside the box, who have dreams, who believes in surrounding himself with people that are more intelligent than he/she is. As an employer, I love to hire people that will continually challenge me with superior arguments but Nigerian leaders don't entertain criticism, that's why we can never grow. They will always look for "oh-yes" members and mediocre colleagues.

This is one thing I loved about Obasanjo, he had ministers that were far smarter than him. El_rufai does the same thing, AS FCT minister, he hired a lot of PHD holders from the US and the UK and he listened to them completely. Till date, he is still the best FCT minister we've ever had.

Anyways, thats all i have to say. I post on nairaland once in about 2-5years, so I hope to read your comments when next i visit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by CoalcityBoi: 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
She ruined her nation's economy according to the wishes of the imperialist white supremacists and now she's being rewarded for a job well done and some bonobo monkeys are jum

Last time I checked on Yoruba youths, although some of them went to school but that doesn't stop them from thinking like cowards
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by CoalcityBoi: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
She ruined her nation's economy according to the wishes of the imperialist white supremacists and now she's being rewarded for a job well done and some bonobo monkeys are jum

Last time I checked on Yoruba youths, although some of them went to school but that doesn't stop them from reason like cowards....

Igbo AMAKA

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by CoalcityBoi: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2018

Last time I checked on Yoruba youths, although some of them went to school but that doesn't stop them from thinking like cowards
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by Goddex: 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
freeze001:
Choi! That Osanyem is crazy o! So Basir should 'zuzupu out of there' before he will 'ma'm gbulu onwe ya'! Lol cheesy grin

See the idiot na, only am put NOI for trial, only am don turn her to 'our own'. When did he discharge and forgive her for the so called crimes against humanity? Him no tweet that one? Stupid hypocrites and APC Zombie bastards everywhere. After insulting a great woman thy couldn't even top her pedigree and performance, it is Cockney accented babe with education and certificate deficit they could see to hire. Yeye fowls dem!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by els0nm0rali(m): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2018
fallout87:

Foolish nonsense with no facts.

The irony that the "imperialist whites" backed APC and Buhari is lost on you. When GEJ blasted them and refused their imposition of homosexuality they worked to get him removed.

And the Buhari that they put there has accepted their homosexuality abi? Yeye

You guys just refuse to think sha. I can't help you with that one.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by els0nm0rali(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
CharleyBright:

[s]Blatant hatred openly displayed.
The word "Despise" that you used, is even worse than "Hate".
Check yourself. Blind and unjustifiable hatred is cancerous. It kills.
Wait not long from now Madam Ngozi that you so despised will be accorded another International pointment.
Maybe by then, your hatred for her will lead you to suicide.

By the way, which of your entire family has ever gotten one-tenth of her international and national status?? Pls tell me.
You hate her cos she is better than your entire generation will ever be?
Haters!!![/s]

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by PointZerom: 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
els0nm0rali:

Those people you are ccing, are those your drinking buddies or your fvckmates cos I notice you are always copying yourselves like you're being paid to respond online or something...?

Shut up. Why are you sounding like suicidal Awo?.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by els0nm0rali(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
PointZerom:

[s]Shut up. Why are you sounding like suicidal Awo?.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by PointZerom: 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
[quote author=els0nm0rali post=69561218][/quote]
Shut up.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by chingymingy: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
els0nm0rali:

You and I surely have different definitions for the word intelligent and I'm not sure you would recognize it even if it was smacking you right in the face.

Yeye. Intelligent my brown ass. You were appointed as the COORDINATING MINISTER OF THE ECONOMY of your country yet all you can give are lame excuses that the governors did this and did that.

Your government earned one of the largest revenue from oil since the amalgamation of this country in 1914 yet not only did you leave the treasury less than you met it, for the first time in Nigeria's history the Federal government had to borrow money to pay workers' salaries.

Not only that, just months after you left office Nigeria slid into a terrible recession.

All these and you still think your madam is intelligent?

Oh, she was hardworking alright. Working hard to ruin Nigeria for her imperialist masters.

I don't expect you to see it. You can only have a narrow and parochial world view. It's who you guys are and I've come to realize that.

I don't blame you really. Which kind of person will come and defend a grossly corrupt administration on a public forum if not an unintelligent being.

All you guys think about is tribe. That's why y'all are so notoriously clannish.

You can never condemn evil especially when it is found in your tribe or it concerns money.

You guys fly off the handle like possessed persons whenever fraud, graft, public corruption and crime are identified among your people.

I don't know what gives you that mentality that you lot are perfect? I am short of words really.

Go on treads that deal with drug smuggling and you'll see them saying stuff like, at least it's better than skull mining bla bla bla. Condemn evil, at least once in your life the. It won't kill you.

Obasanjo is an agbaya. He is one of those that ruined this country and I hope he pays dearly for that. Now, how many Igbo leaders can you say the same about?

Madam, abeg park well.
Sincerely guy you're the one full of tribalism. Reading the chats you're the one who literally brought in tribalism into the thread.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by els0nm0rali(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
chingymingy:

Sincerely guy you're the one full of tribalism. Reading the chats you're the one who literally brought in tribalism into the thread.

Really? Point to my post that specifically brought tribalism to this tread.

I'm waiting...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by chingymingy: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
EternalTruths:

Why do Yoruba people reason like this.?

SMH

People like you are the reasons why Nigeria is still suffering so much ethnic calamities. Why bring in tribalism into this now? It's really irritating having so called educated/enlightened Nigerian youths keep doing this
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by chingymingy: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
els0nm0rali:

Really? Point to my post that specifically brought tribalism to this tread.

I'm waiting...

Sorry I meant to reply to @els0nm0rali
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by els0nm0rali(m): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
chingymingy:

Sorry I meant to reply to @els0nm0rali

Still me... undecided

Oh I get it. You meant the other guy.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by Justiceleague1: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
els0nm0rali:

Let me educate you a little bit.

Madam puffpuff cheeks left government in May of 2015 after 6 years in power and oil revenue skyrocketing to $120/barrel.

Buhari took over power in May 2015 and appointed his cabinet towards the end of that year.

Barely a year after handover, Nigeria's economy slipped into recession.

You may not have been born in 2015, but since you can type here I assume you can also read.

Go online and check out the facts.

How Mr Jonathan saturated the economy with hard currency, bribing traditional rulers and all interest groups even including association of witches, so that they could vote for him.

All during Okonjo Iweala's tenure as prime minister.

Go online and find out why Jonathan sacked the then CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido.

Nigerians generally have a very very short memory.

No wonder politicians make a fool of y'all all the time.

sermon on the mount ogbomosho grin
lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 by Eagle75: 9:04am On Jul 22, 2018
So apt!

blunt1990:
@eis0m0rail

I read your posts with disappointment but you are totally entitled to your opinion so I respect that, even though I completely disagree with you.

Firstly, PDP and APC is the same, so I see no difference. I do not support any political party in Nigeria. I have never voted in Nigeria because I have not seen any smart presidential aspirant that have the qualities required to lift Nigeria. I'm a strong advocate of one Nigeria as that ought to be our strength.

You mentioned that NOI blamed the Governors for sharing oil revenue from the Excess Crude Account. Remember there was a Supreme court judgement against keeping the funds in the account after Amechi took the case to court. Her hands were tied hence the funds were shared. Secondly the function of a finance minister is to allocate funds and see that funds are distributed to the appropriate bodies and institutions, correct me if I'm wrong. Finance Minister can not question the heads of institutions on how they spend their funds unless through the appropriate channel, NPF or EFCC. I dont think a finance minister can hold back fund due to Govt bodies, correct me if I'm wrong. Once there is approval from relevant authorities, she is bound to approve and see that the funds are disbursed.

You suggested that she should have resigned; thats how easy it sounds. I'll use myself as an example; I returned to Nigeria in 2010 to start a company. We got to the point where we were servicing a lot of companies in Abuja. I had over 50 permanent staff and there were a lot of sharp practices that were going on among the staff (always trying to steal and enrich themselves criminally). If I understand your suggestion, I should given up and ran back to where I came from, but no. I tried to change the mindset of many of my staff. I saw that as an opportunity to contribute to Nigeria through provision of employment and also make them a better and more upright citizens. It worked for some but not everyone. I spent 80% of my time on research, building system that will either eliminate or drastically reduce the rate of theft. In the end, you are only left to spend 20% of time on actual company growth. That was really defeating but I didnt give up. I loved Nigeria so much that I fought back real hard and had to employ two guys to research on how to minimize or eliminate theft. They did an amazing job though. Reason for saying all these is to inform you that Nigerians will call you a coward or you may even feel like one when you run at the slightest challenge in an effort to serve your country. You work hard to build institutions or systems that will prevent it from repeating itself, thats about the first thing you learn as an Engr or a Project Manager in western countries. Fighting corruption is best done through institutionalization of our processes.

This brings me to the issue of TSA. She designed the system to prevent head of institutions from having direct assess to funds which was a wonderful idea. These are corruption-preventive institutions. The new Govt came into power and started immediate implementation in a flawed manner. Why would you take out 3Trillion Naira ($10B out of $450B GDP - 2.2% of our GDP) from the economy in one swell swoop. Thats enough to drop the economic growth by well over 2.2% directly, and further drop through ripple effects. To prevent recession, the new Govt should have first struck an agreement with top banks in Nigeria to borrow the fund at say 6-10% annual interest rate rather than leaving them idle in CBN account. This action alone is enough to cause terrible recession. Secondly, stock and bond investors took out about $82-$85B from Nigerian economy as soon as they had hint on forex rules that was about to come into effect (that was 17% of Nigerian GDP).

Why wont the economy go into recession when all the funds that businessmen ought to work with to increase revenue and pay tax to Govt is leaving the shores of the country while some are lying idle in CBN account.

I have also laid off almost all my staff and current have only 4 staff running skeletal operation until 2020 when I'll finally close my operation in Nigeria for good. I know how much i have taken out of the economy and so many of my friends have done the same. I have seen people close their Nigerian operation and moved over a million dollars out of the Nigerian economy. I blame all that in the utterances of the new Govt and the level of insecurity in the country. My friends and myself are closing our Nigerian operation due to regression we saw in Nigeria in the past 8 years. Things haven't got better in anyway, either PDP, APC or APGA.... They have all failed Nigeria. We need a smart, intelligent and creative President who can think outside the box, who have dreams, who believes in surrounding himself with people that are more intelligent than he/she is. As an employer, I love to hire people that will continually challenge me with superior arguments but Nigerian leaders don't entertain criticism, that's why we can never grow. They will always look for "oh-yes" members and mediocre colleagues.

This is one thing I loved about Obasanjo, he had ministers that were far smarter than him. El_rufai does the same thing, AS FCT minister, he hired a lot of PHD holders from the US and the UK and he listened to them completely. Till date, he is still the best FCT minister we've ever had.

Anyways, thats all i have to say. I post on nairaland once in about 2-5years, so I hope to read your comments when next i visit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency / From 7 To 70: Why Are They Not Talking About This - By Femi Adesina / Plot To Impeach Buhari: Senator Misau Criticizes Colleagues For Leaking Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.