Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,777 members, 7,837,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

How To Blog For Free - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Blog For Free (320 Views)

What Is A Blogging Niche And Why You Need A Niche To Blog!! / The Right Way To Blog / Let Your Knowledge Give Birth,teach A Brother How To Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Blog For Free by Dollabiz: 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
Many newbies struggle with blogging as a good hosting provider charges anywhere between $9-35 per month to host your wordpress website. And wordpress websites are king of slow. They load a ton of features which you won't need for blogging. And it is more resource heavy.

That's why I have switched to Jekyll. Jekyll is a static site generator. And it uses markdown. Its very fast because it just generates static sites. My blog scores 100 in Google Pagespeed, 100 in Pingdom tools & 99 in GTMetrix. There are tons of themes out there for jekyll but I chose a paid one. I didn't purchase it, I downloaded the entire theme demo (3-4 MB) and edited it and added liquid syntax to make it jekyll compatible theme.

If you are wondering, here is the theme dem.....

CONTINUE READING HERE

(1) (Reply)

Google Voice Search: How To Optimize Wordpress For Voice Search / Badass Digital Marketer Needed / Closed - Out of date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.