Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,773 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

The Last Warning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Last Warning (727 Views)

Rufai Oseni Reacts To NBC Last Warning To Arise TV / Abia Cattle Market Killings: Arewa Youths Give ‘last Warning’ / Peter Odili: Court Issues Last Warning, Summons Immigration To Appear February 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last Warning by TylerDurden: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
First, examine the messenger. Take the street corner prophets, who are quickly dismissed as the lunatic fringe , whose congregation consists of an indifferent mass of pedestrians and daily commuters avoiding eye contact with the rabid preacher as they make their way to their daily calling. Historically, with respect to predictions of impending doom, we have regarded with some amusement the rabid utterances of the lunatic fringe as, over the decades and centuries, they have crawled from their hideouts to stand on street corners to warn the world of an impending doom and of some coming apocalyptic and cataclysmic event that will leave only smoke and ashes.

Our reactions to these dire predictions served us well. Most of us used the reasonable level of intelligence we were gifted with and combined the same with healthy conversation, debate and a little research to estimate the credibility of the dusty prophets and likelihood of the world exploding into smithereens at a particular time and date, and save a few gentle, easily impressed souls, went on about their business and were, miraculously, alive the day after doomsday was supposed to roll in.

Conversely, it seems on the larger scale, on a scale of mass murder, on a scale of genocide, on a scale of an emerging totalitarian monsters, we are not only casually indifferent but seemingly striped of all ability to produce critical analysis of the threat we face. It seems that the larger the threat we face the greater our stupidity and indifference.

With respect to this casual indifference, age old and utterly predictable facets of human nature are at play. The same facets that brought forth giggles among the population when warned of an impending world wide flood. The same facets that brought forth sleepy regard when warned about the true intent of the SS as their boots rang a little louder on the cobblestones of Europe. The same facets that regard the hallmarks of an emerging murderous totalitarian and brutal Caliphate with salubrious welcome, completely indifferent to the gory and sordid tales of mass killings and degradation of humanity from where we only utter our condemnation after streaming and watching one of their gory beheading videos. Nowadays, the Caliphate's ever growing atrocities and sins do not seem to trouble us. Their butchery has in effect done more than merely terrorize us but seems to have desensitized us to the point that we have lost all empathy for their victims. With a lack of empathy , an indifference arises and with that we lose our sense of justice and with that the butchers in ISIL, Boko Haram and their rampaging Fulani allies walk free only to strike another day and with every blood spilt their evil empire expands closer and closer to us.

We warned you.

We that gave the same warnings prior to the elections about what exactly a Buhari candidacy and electoral victory portends for our polity were mistaken as politically malicious and partisanly motivated. This is in-spite of how the APC propaganda machinery slandered, lied , mocked , rigged, terrorized and even blackmailed their way into the very high office. But you still refused to see the handwriting on the wall warning you to not be swept up in the mad euphoria of "change" and hero worship - all hallmarks that ushers in a tyrannt.

Now that warning has elapsed (for we are beyond that stage), what is left is to remind and validate those earlier fears by pointing out what seemed once as callous prophecy.

So look now to those who were warning you and their prophecy . Have their "callous" and "politically malicious" warnings stood the test in these past few months? Is Nigeria a better united democratic nation under the regime of change?

In science, correlation is not always the same thing as causation. It is within this restricted rational and logical restrains that some enligthened people were persuaded to let their guard down. Today, the class of those rational opposers to our warnings have now seen their folly exposed by Buhari's own tyrannical and slant corruption crusade. Majority of the rest dismissed our warnings due to their infatuation on concentrating on sweeping the last occupant of Aso Rock out without pausing to take a critical look at whom they were set to replace Jonathan with.

These days they call us wailers, similarly dismissed as one doomsday roadside preacher.

When will you zombies finally wake up from your foolish slumber?
Re: The Last Warning by citizenY(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
We have heard you.
Come back in 2023.

1 Like

Re: The Last Warning by citizenY(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
We have heard you.
Come back in 2023.
Re: The Last Warning by AngryRebel: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
citizenY:
We have heard you.

Come back in 2023.
Idiotic pig of Buhari, make u get small sense na angry cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Last Warning by citizenY(m): 12:10am On Jul 21, 2018
AngryRebel:
Idiotic pig of Buhari, make u get small sense na angry cheesy

See you in 2023, by which time your eye for don clear.
Re: The Last Warning by AngryRebel: 12:14am On Jul 21, 2018
citizenY:

See you in 2023, by which time your eye for don clear.
grin grin grin Hopefully, hunger go don kill u by then. Idiotic pig of Buhari

1 Like

Re: The Last Warning by Lipscomb(m): 12:48am On Jul 21, 2018
cheesy wow op how much per page?
Re: The Last Warning by citizenY(m): 2:00am On Jul 21, 2018
AngryRebel:
grin grin grin Hopefully, hunger go don kill u by then. Idiotic pig of Buhari

Insolence will not help your case. I refuse to join you in that gutter. I am entitled to my opinion but anger will not allow you to accept my rights. Your right stops where mine starts. It is called democracy, not rebellion.
Re: The Last Warning by AngryRebel: 7:27am On Jul 21, 2018
citizenY:

Insolence will not help your case. I refuse to join you in that gutter. I am entitled to my opinion but anger will not allow you to accept my rights. Your right stops where mine starts. It is called democracy, not rebellion.
I can see what u base ur morality on,bigotry n nepotism, just like the mo*ron u call master(Buhari).

Re: The Last Warning by citizenY(m): 8:06am On Jul 21, 2018
AngryRebel:
I can see what u base ur morality on,bigotry n nepotism, just like the mo*ron u call master(Buhari).

Look in the mirror.
Re: The Last Warning by AngryRebel: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2018
citizenY:

Look in the mirror.
I see u,idiotic pig of Buhari.
Re: The Last Warning by citizenY(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2018
AngryRebel:
I see u,idiotic pig of Buhari.

Are you so dense? Who did you see in that mirror?
Re: The Last Warning by AngryRebel: 10:45am On Jul 21, 2018
citizenY:

Am so stu*pid n am a pig to Buhari. If he says I should lick his asss clean,I will do it,that's how stu*pid I am. All I see in d mirror is me,a stu*pid idiot n imbec*ile
Re: The Last Warning by nku5: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2018
ODB nwa mama. Nwanne di namba from Delta strikes again cool
Re: The Last Warning by citizenY(m): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
[quote author=AngryRebel post=69574893][/quote]

Sharp guy..... You looked in the mirror and you saw your face. Everyone knows that you edited the comment. So that So,what you saw? Case closed.
Re: The Last Warning by AngryRebel: 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
citizenY:

Just listen to urself foool,I sound like a stupid idiot. Am really an idiotic pig of Buhari, all I do,is lick his dirty asss clean. My father is a mor*on n he gave birth to an imbe*cile. I will remain stupid all my life!
Re: The Last Warning by citizenY(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
grin grin
AngryRebel:
[/quote]

Continue..... clean the mirror and continue. Things,are coming bout in 3D.
AngryRebel post=69577449:

[quote author=AngryRebel post=69577449]

Re: The Last Warning by AngryRebel: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
citizenY:
grin grin
I have been stupid all my life, I reckon I will remain like that. I am an idiotic pig of Buhari. I will always b a useful idiot.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Saraki Leads Senators To Ekweremadu’s Home / Re: 20 Killed In Zamfara Village Mosque Attack -daily Trust / EXCLUSIVE: Gov. Ayade Debunks Plan To Dump PDP For apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.