Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post (16062 Views)

Joe Igbokwe To Osinbajo: Show Respect And Withdraw From Presidential Race Now / Umahi Orders The Arrest Of Godfrey Chikwere Over Facebook Post He Made / Stay Away From Any Protest - Igbokwe To Igbos In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by TheTrueSeeker: 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
Activist Lagos-based lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, has filed a suit before the Federal High Court in Lagos seeking the prosecution of the Lagos spokesman of the All Progressives Congress, Joe Igbokwe, over an allegedly offensive Facebook post recently made by the latter.

Adegboruwa said that Igbokwe, on July 16, 2018, at about 3.20pm, posted on his (Igbokwe’s) Facebook wall that “Wike will not have the audacity and temerity to kill again in Rivers State and run to the Supreme Court to buy justice. It will never happen again in Nigeria where Buhari is the President.”

Adegboruwa, in his suit filed on Friday, claimed that Igbokwe disparaged the judiciary, alleging that the Facebook post was capable of eroding public confidence in the court.

He is seeking a court order compelling the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), who was joined as a co-defendant with Igbokwe in the suit, to invite the APC spokesman to substantiate his claim that the apex court sold justice to the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, failing which he (Igbokwe) should be prosecuted.
According to Adegboruwa, following the alleged post by Igbokwe, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, invited security agencies to probe the alleged selling of justice to Wike.

The CJN, according to him, asked the security agencies to identify the culpable apex court Justices if the allegation is true or to take steps to prosecute Igbokwe if it turns out that the allegation is false.

Adegboruwa said Wike, on his part, through the Rivers State Government, had demanded explanation from Igbokwe, with a threat of legal action.

In a 32-paragraph affidavit he filed in support of his suit, Adegboruwa claimed that the alleged post by Igbokwe was capable of being interpreted by the public to mean that “the judiciary in Nigeria, and, indeed, the Supreme Court of Nigeria, is corrupt; that there is no transparent system of justice administration in Nigeria, especially in the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

Adegboruwa is contending that the alleged Facebook post by Igbokwe would create a situation where “lawyers would lose patronage and would no longer be able to handle cases in court, given that it is now possible to buy justice with money.”

He urged the court to compel the AGF to take steps to prosecute Igbokwe.

He is also asking the court to sack Igbokwe as the General Manager of the Lagos State Wharf Land Fee Collecting Authority and to declare him as a person not fit and proper to be elected or appointed into any public office in any part of Nigeria.

The suit has yet to be assigned to any judge.

http://punchng.com/adegboruwa-sues-joe-igbokwe-over-facebook-post/

27 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by prest(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
First to comment, See trouble

2 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
please the court should as a matter of urgency send the useless and shameless Hausakwe guy to prison. igbos will be happy over it.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by bluegrass07: 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
Apologia or not, Igbokwe is in hot ewedu soup.

54 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by sarrki(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
Igbokwe I am with you all the way

You are a patriot

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by conductor110: 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
Joe Yorobakwe.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by ojobek: 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
This is one of the brave lawyers we have in this shi..hol...Joe Igbokwe must show cause why he should not be thrown into prison.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Seanpizzy10: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
Watch Actress Regina Daniels Drake In My Feelings Dance Challenge (Kiki)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxv1PM-mO6c

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
Its good to think before you talk

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by HajimeSaito(m): 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
sarrki:

You are a patriot

Someone who was too stupid to know the difference between a genuine photograph and photoshop is now your idol? I never expected anything less from you lot. The followers of a DULL-ARD will inevitably be dull-ards themselves .

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by neolboy(m): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
That is what loose mouth will lead you into Igbokwe

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by neolboy(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
sarrki:
You are a patriot

Is this how low you could go?

39 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Mexyz(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
sarrki:

You are a patriot
This patriot song you've been singing all over Nairaland is turning to madness o... What's patriotic about someone lying and dabbling into issues that he has no knowledge of?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
The fool need to be jailed......

5 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by brainpower(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
Everything being equal, Igbokwe should have resigned or fired. But we have a govt that doesn't believe in the rule of law. They decide which to obey and which to disobey.

7 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Paperwhite(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
sarrki:
Igbokwe I am with you all the way.You are a patriot
You are a disgrace.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by PatriotTemidayo: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
I love the way they coined his case around the integrity of the court and the dignity of the legal system...........

He insulted the same court that will judge this case. Hmmmn. I see him in big trouble.

24 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Omeokachie: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jail the mofo grin

8 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Ziggylady(f): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Joe Igbokwe/Yorubakwe the bourdillon house-boy...your day of reckoning is coming.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Ziggylady(f): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Joe Igbokwe the brain-less bourdillon house-boy...your day of reckoning is coming.

9 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by blackpanda: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
Adegboruwa the busy body noisemakers

Wailer extraordinaire! grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by buhariguy(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
See the way the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra are happy over a matter that will affect them.

That will be a welcome development,

That means every pdp member will be in jail.

Everyone that have said buhari is the one sponsoring killer herdsmen without a prove will be ready to to jail.

The judge that will entertain the case, should be a useless jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pig

4 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by FarahAideed: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
Great news ..i know they will still settle out of court with Adeboruwa but this will keep Joe Igbokwe busy for some weeks

15 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Olukat(m): 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
Please forgive "Joe boy"
Joe hustle for survival though some jobs given to him are quite humiliating grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by justy15: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
I like this one, the sycophants buhari asslicker igbokwe should be made to face the law. We Igbo's have disowned him

18 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by DidierDrogba: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
Joe igbokwe speaks before thinking

2 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Afonja007: 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
This joe igbokwe need to be taking to Eke market square in any igbo land and there he will be giving 96 strokes of cane by every big igbo masquerade

14 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by Daviddson(m): 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lol. Who doesn't know that Wike paid for his Supreme Court victory. First, while election petition was still in the tribunal/court of appeal, Wike left Rivers State to Abuja to come and secretly visit then chief justice, Musdapher - I read that in the news when it happened. Secondly, after the Supreme Court okayed his election, during his so-called thanksgiving service, he accidentally thanked Justice Mary Odili for being of help. In other words, Odili's wife, a Supreme Court Justice, was likely the one who funneled the money to the other justices.
phase1:

If you asked to come to court and substantiate this garbage you just wrote here, you'll show a clean pair of heels and Usian bolt your way into hiding.
You're the only one I'm replying because you at least disagreed without throwing slurs like the others.
Yeah, I will. Let me know when the court hearing is taking place. Search Google and see if you will not find those news there. If you don't, quote me back and I will get you the links.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Drags Joe Igbokwe To Court Over Facebook Post by mercenary: 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
sarrki:
You are a patriot
An old z*mbie detected

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt / Sagay: Northerners Are Afraid Restructuring Will Reduce Their Shares From Oil / INEC Suspends Election In 9 Wards In Kogi, To Investigate & Sanction Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.