Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (43744 Views)

Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow / Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive / Don't Know How To Drive, Don't Be In A Hurry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Offpoint: 10:58am On Jul 23, 2018
End time pikin

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by DEGABA(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2018
Scary

1 Like

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by iamnavy1: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2018
grin werey
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Sterope(f): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2018
What would a child of that age know about causing calamity? Have you considered talking to that child?

You people will just be transferring aggression for no damn reason.

HajimeSaito:

Sound advice. And you should follow it up with giving the child a sound beating for nearly causing a calamity.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by booblacain(m): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2018
I did watch a video on TV about a man that crippled his daughter because of this same issue. he was trying to back out of his compound without realizing his daughter was playing behind the car. he hit her and now the girl is in a wheelchair for life. it is something he regrets every day, wishing he was more careful.
I really felt for him. You can imagine doing that to your own daughter, when you should be the one to protect her from such.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by rahl12(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2018
Please nairalanders,
I need a job. I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering.
Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state.
Please help a brother.
I have experienced in operations and maintenance various of machines, with a required knowledge of AutoCAD design.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: abraham20john20@gmail.com
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Amarabae(f): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2018
Good one op.
I will start checking more before driving out.
Village people no de smile dis days

4 Likes

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2018
DBANJ SON BE DAT OOO
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2018
Simply get a lambor and get other things to worry about grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by handsomeyinka(m): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
Saw this picture and it so much drew my attention.

This is a kid who perfectly fits in under the fender of this car. Anything can happen as it is.

Kids play a lot and would always move randomly wherever they find themselves. It is very important to drive with caution and be very careful when driving around kids. This should be adhered to whether you have kids or not.

Keeping in mind these their unpredictable nature is of the essence. Always pay much attention if you live around or in a compound where kids conjugates.

Always check around your car for kids before driving out of the compound.

Don’t drive off with speed out of the compound and be very watchful.

https://autojosh.com/if-you-have-kids-in-your-compound-dont-be-in-a-hurry-to-drive-out-picture/

His he your mechanic?
Or perhaps,he was trying to replace your shocks.
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Bigsteveg(m): 11:13am On Jul 23, 2018
psucc:
Not sure that could have helped in the case I narrated. Only God and carefulness or paying attention to any unusual issues can suffice
A reverse camera cannot see under the vehicle. (That is where the tire is located)

1 Like

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by DavSagacity(m): 11:15am On Jul 23, 2018
decatalyst:
shocked

But, is he planning to be a mechanic?
No An auto Engineer instead.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by somito121(m): 11:15am On Jul 23, 2018
A typical Nigerian father.
Sterope:
What would a child of that age know about causing calamity? Have you considered talking to that child?

You people will just be transferring aggression for no damn reason.

A typical Nigerian mother.
Sounds great ba. grin
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by claremont(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2018
HajimeSaito:

Sound advice. And you should follow it up with giving the child a sound beating for nearly causing a calamity.

That will be child abuse, and you will be jailed for such in civilised countries. We were all subjected to beatings by our parents when growing up, but it still hasn't prevented Nigeria from being fantastically corrupt.

It takes a special kind of person to blame an innocent child for the negligence of his/her parents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2018
HajimeSaito:

Seconded
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Nategaoo: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2018
Chai. Some children can really put you in big trouble. Nonsense angry angry

1 Like

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2018
My neighbor climbed her baby just last month and the baby died. Very tragic event and carelessness on the mother's part. She was probably making a call and absentmindedly killed the baby.
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Tomoyayi(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2018
RZArecta2:
a very good case for installing reverse cameras in our cars

So reverse camera works under the car too abi...

1 Like

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by gaby(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2018
psucc:
Oh! The poor innocent boy.

This Pics reminds me of the incident that happened in March.
A woman, on her way to church programme with a boy of about 5years at about 8.30pm, met a man and took on a marathon discussion. The boy having stood for a longer time waiting for the mother lean on my brother's a car in a nearby compound and eventually slept off under the tire. My brother wanted going out ad quite unlike his usual take off, he was just very cool. Having transmit the car to reverse, he only experience his tire was climbing on something.

Again, unlike him, he off the ignition and wanted to know what the blockade was, to the shock of his life, the boys head was under the tire.
My brother shouted so much that passers-by had to rush and the woman was not even concerned until people started shouting, who owns the boy. having been mildly wounded the boy points to the direction the mother was and a 'Samaritan' then shouted at the mum to reset her brains. That's when she remembered her boy. But to God's only glory, the boy was not badly wounded.

Some mothers sure do have it....thank God for the your brother's sound presence of mind and calmness, a life-altering catastrophe it would have been.

3 Likes

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by mcgift(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2018
psucc:

A woman, on her way to church programme with a boy of about 5years at about 8.30pm, met a man and took on a marathon discussion. The boy having stood for a longer time waiting for the mother lean on my brother's a car in a nearby compound and eventually slept off under the tire. My brother wanted going out ad quite unlike his usual take off, he was just very cool. Having transmit the car to reverse, he only experience his tire was climbing on something.

Again, unlike him, he off the ignition and wanted to know what the blockade was, to the shock of his life, the boys head was under the tire.
My brother shouted so much that passers-by had to rush and the woman was not even concerned until people started shouting, who owns the boy. having been mildly wounded the boy points to the direction the mother was and a 'Samaritan' then shouted at the mum to reset her brains. That's when she remembered her boy. But to God's only glory, the boy was not badly wounded.

Glory to God

1 Like

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by drchuks1234(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2018
Thesame thing that killed my elder sister and she is our first daughter, that time am still a baby
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by snipesdam(m): 11:30am On Jul 23, 2018
I have killed two Cats this way.. The kitten and the mother. The kitten went under the hood went engine was getting hot wanted to jump out when I was out of my compound driving on the street, the front squashed it. I didn't realize it until I came back in the evening when I was told that one of my cats jumped out of my car and I drove over it.

The mother cat. That one no just dey fear. I have to chase them out under the car every morning. This is unfortunate for her the back tire drove over it and it die beside my sisters window the next morning. Adios

It was quite painful though.
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by newdawn2017(f): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You think 100k is an issue to talk about compared to the calamity caused.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

U got 2 be kidding here, as in saner climes he isn't supposed 2 pay a dime 4 it was never a fault of his. D parents were so careless, I am a parent, when my kids disturbs me d@ they want 2 go out & play with other children, I let d sleep clear 4rm my eyes & get a chair 2 sit outside & watch then play. diis is becos I don't want 2 here story d@ another child played with broom stick, stick & other harmful tools then blind my child's eye with it. Max 4 d play is 2hrs, then I take my kids in.

4 Likes

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by lakefist(m): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2018
RZArecta2:
a very good case for installing reverse cameras in our cars

Reverse camera no go see wetin dey under tires abeg.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Sterope(f): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2018
You are wrong

A typical Nigerian mother will also beat the child.

somito121:
A typical Nigerian father.

A typical Nigerian mother.
Sounds great ba. grin
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by madridguy(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2018
Subhanalah. I help your brother thank GOD. Similar incident happened for my area more than a decade ago and the man mistakenly killed his baby.

Very sad incident.

psucc:

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by murtalaa(m): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2018
@OP, must you use bigwords if you don't know the meaning? Please check the meaning of conjugate, perhaps you meant to say congregate.
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by WINDSOW(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2018
Cold chill ran down my spinal cord. Yeah!

3 Likes

Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2018
newdawn2017:
U got 2 be kidding here, as in saner climes he isn't supposed 2 pay a dime 4 it was never a fault of his. D parents were so careless, I am a parent, when my kids disturbs me d@ they want 2 go out & play with other children, I let d sleep clear 4rm my eyes & get a chair 2 sit outside & watch then play. diis is becos I don't want 2 here story d@ another child played with broom stick, stick & other harmful tools then blind my child's eye with it. Max 4 d play is 2hrs, then I take my kids in.

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mama! That's manslaughter. He should be jailed. That's the way law is.

So you killed a child and just go Scot Free?? It won't work whether it's intentional or not. Even in saner climes.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Wiinnd(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2018
Can you explain the one minute check?
Truckpusher:
Unfortunately this simple 1 minute check has killed a lot of kids due to poor parenting and total neglect for general safety by adults.
Re: If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) by Gboliwe: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2018
May God forbid!!

A good driver checks his car well before starting off. This holiday, we should all be much more careful.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car / Why Did Nigeria Change From Righthand Drive To Lefthand Drive? / The New Mercedes GLB Will Be The Baby G-wagon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.