Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,308 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal (50425 Views)

Surulere Wins Gold, Cash Prize In BOS Cup, Ifako, Agege Teams Runners-up / "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" / Croatia Sends Nikola Kalinic Home For Refusing To Play Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by kenoz(m): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2018
He know he did not deserve the medal
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by debokaz(m): 11:36am On Jul 21, 2018
oshe11:
Abeg Give it to Messi or Tapnaldocheesy
Messi already got one 4 yrs ago.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 21, 2018
This is why I Cherish the WHITES, nothing moves them
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Jaytecq(m): 11:42am On Jul 21, 2018
oshe11:
Abeg Give it to Messi or Tapnaldocheesy
Messi has, don't knw of Penaldo
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by jakeFrost: 11:43am On Jul 21, 2018
EmekaBlue:
embarassed But maybe if they hadnt sent him home earlier, he would have been d key and score winning goals against france in the final..#WhoKnows
And maybe they would have crashed out in the group stage
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by ibijoh(m): 11:55am On Jul 21, 2018
THE GUY GET CLASS DJOO...
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by damosky12(m): 11:59am On Jul 21, 2018
flexyrule:
He knew he did not work for it, hence he rejected it.
David Cameron resigned when the vote for UK to remain or leave the EU was against his favour.
Why is it that in Nigeria, people don't have a bit of shame.
Your certificate has been certified as being forged. Instead of doing yourself and the country honor by resigning. You still stay glued to the position as if it is your father's property.
The height of shamelessness is even those defending their oppressors, sophisticated crooks and criminals on social media just for peanuts. Y'all should learn a lesson and honor up!

Thank you bro. Political office is held more as a property than a means of service... It all started when the old and ailing president reduced to resign despite his state...

Such a shameless attitude better be curtailed for the benefit of the future generation.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Austin234(m): 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
This one na real loser
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Malawian(m): 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
decatalyst:
It was a set up!

He should thank his luck he didn't collect it. grin

Arrogant idiot.
He is entitled to the Medal, whether he played or not (As long as he was registered for the tournament). Players like Steve Mandanda of France also got a "Winners medal"
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Munzy14(m): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
[quote author=tstx post=69574204]A man after my own heart......... know your worth... never compromise

you are very correct. Ones u know your worth, you won't compromise. Some coaches intentionally bench some players ,only to use them to waste time. bringing a good player 2mins to match end is nonsense. For the fact he played qualifiers with them, he is definitely good.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by cytell56: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
reportminds:
Rebellious Croatian striker Nikola Kalinic has rejected a World Cup runners-up medal gifted him by his team-mates and coaching staff.

Kalinic did not play a minute at the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia.

Croatia head coach Zlatko Dalic had sent him home after the country’s opening game against Nigeria after he refused to come on as a substitute in their 2-0 win, citing fitness issues.

“Thanks for the medal, but I did not play in Russia,” Kalinic told Sportske Novosti

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/07/croatian-striker-rejects-world-cup-medal.html?m=1

Who has bewitched you!!!
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
flexyrule:
He knew he did not work for it, hence he rejected it.
David Cameron resigned when the vote for UK to remain or leave the EU was against his favour.
Why is it that in Nigeria, people don't have a bit of shame.
Your certificate has been certified as being forged. Instead of doing yourself and the country honor by resigning. You still stay glued to the position as if it is your father's property.
The height of shamelessness is even those defending their oppressors, sophisticated crooks and criminals on social media just for peanuts. Y'all should learn a lesson and honor up!

wait i'm still trying to figure out where some of these humans of nigeria originated from, because i'm not sure if it's God who created some of them honestly because God is love. Even i don't think it's the devil because what some of these people does is beyond the reasoning of devil himself....
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by dblimited07(m): 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
Contact dblimited for your ground floor plan
Whatsapp +2347063164115

1 Share

Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by benjanny(m): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
I would reject it too
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by room089: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
oshe11:
Abeg Give it to Tapnaldo atleast Messi has One alreadycheesy

Abi to our Ahmed Musa?
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Goalnaldo(m): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
Iam not arrogant or proud but I find myself wondering if were a footballer whether I will come on with two or 1 minute left to play.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Jaynom:
Nawa o! If this guy beef you you're finished!!!
i swearr grin
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Dicksonpal: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
I think the media propagated this in the wrong way,.... There's always two sides to a story.... They did not even bother to grant him an interview, if the coach was all right he wouldn't have offered him a medal after the acclaimed rebellion... My take
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
9jaBloke:
Kalinic has attitude issues. Even if he still felt unfit after the medical team had declared him fit, he should have obeyed the coach, gone into the field and proven that he is actually unfit.
so u suggesting he should have entered field and played like ighalo just to prove he's unfit abi?cheesy. U want his coutntry ppl to swear for him if he started playing rubbish?cheesy.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
That incidence killed his football career. Humility matters.
Pentools:

Hmmmm never knew someone still remember that, matter of fact, mido died off right after the incidence.

1 Like

Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by bostish(m): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
EmekaBlue:
embarassed But maybe if they hadnt sent him home earlier, he would have been d key and score winning goals against france in the final..#WhoKnows
or he might be the one to loose his penalty against Russia abi thereby not qualifying for the semis.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
dulux07:
Shame wont let him collect it grin, . Serves him right
Arrogance won't get you anywhere, humility will.
Shame??
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Maybe Penaldo, definitely not Messi
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
9jaBloke:
Kalinic has attitude issues. Even if he still felt unfit after the medical team had declared him fit, he should have obeyed the coach, gone into the field and proven that he is actually unfit.
Did Croatia Carried D Cup Now??
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
thorpido:
Well he didn't play.He doesn't really deserve it.

His rebellion might kill his career anyway.
U Ar Talking Nonsense Let That Same Couch benching Ronaldo 4 atleast 50 minutes then let c if e wil n't be fired.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Edonojie007(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
prinsam30:

honestly speaking you and one other guy up there are the only sane humans on this thread, every other com me enters ar just typing shiit.

the guy has owned up to his obligation and he has done the honourable thing, why castigating him

you guys should vent ur useless anger on ur useless finance minister who has criminally refused to step down even wen all fingers are pointing to her forgery saga

what a shiitHole indeed
If She Refuse To Step Down,then What Are Her Ogas Then At The Top Doing; Are They Not Suppose To Step Her Down- ShitHole Government.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by 9jaBloke: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
lefulefu:
so u suggesting he should have entered field and played like ighalo just to prove he's unfit abi?cheesy. U want his coutntry ppl to swear for him if he started playing rubbish?cheesy.
Here is what he should have done:
Get on the field, run around a bit, clutch his back and signal for the medical team. Croatia was already leading. That way the blame will be on the technical crew.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
9jaBloke:

Here is what he should have done:
Get on the field, run around a bit, clutch his back and signal for the medical team. Croatia was already leading. That way the blame will be on the technical crew.
if he had done dat i bet u the coach would have gotten incensed and stil kick him back to croatiacheesy.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by decatalyst(m): 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
Malawian:

He is entitled to the Medal, whether he played or not (As long as he was registered for the tournament). Players like Steve Mandanda of France also got a "Winners medal"

Hey! A person to be sent out of a competition squad will be deregistered!

So he isn't entitled to a medal! Read well, it was one of his team mate that volunteered to give out his own to him!

Mandanda is a second goalkeeper, he is entitled! He is part of the squad and not disqualified.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by thorpido(m): 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ikio:
U Ar Talking Nonsense Let That Same Couch benching Ronaldo 4 atleast 50 minutes then let c if e wil n't be fired.
Shut up,it''s people like you that behave like the player.Would Ronaldo behave like him?
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by 9jaBloke: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
lefulefu:
if he had done dat i bet u the coach would have gotten incensed and stil kick him back to croatiacheesy.

Probably, if the coach is convinced that he feigned it but Croatians won't judge him too harshly. You know he has a reputation for refusing to play whenever they try to use him as a late substitute but he doesn't complain as soon as he is named on the team.
Re: Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal by sparkle6(m): 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
Thats what we call senior man atitude. trust me a nigerian man will collect with all pleasure and even drag for malt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Flaunts His Fleet Of Luxury Cars (Photos) / Photos Of New CAF President Ahmed Ahmed Rejoicing After His Victory / World Cup; Faces Of Disappointed Nigerians At The Kaliningrad Stadium In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.