Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,918 members, 7,952,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops (1390 Views)

Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly / Solution To Car USB Port Not Charging Phone / See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by techsolutionsng: 12:04am On Jul 21, 2018
Its not uncommon to discover that your charger is plugged into your laptop yet its not charging. This issue most of the time does not necessarily mean that your battery is bad, in most cases , the culprit might be a corrupt power management driver. This might be a bit frustrating at first, However there is a very simple fix to this issue. Join me as we resolve this issue with these few steps :

STEP 1: Shut down the Laptop, remove the charger and take out the battery then hold down the power button for 20 to 30 seconds to drain out any static current.

STEP 2: Reconnect your battery, connect your charger and power up the device . Check to see if the issue is still not resolved, assuming its not yet resolved then proceed to the next step:

STEP 3: Open Computer management consoleby right clicking on computer icon located on your desktop and selecting Manage from the drop down menu.

STEP 4: On the Computer management console, locate the device manager then click on it, on the right hand side you will see a list of hardware devices, now click on batteries and then right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstallfrom the drop down menu

STEP 5: After uninstalling the driver then go to the Computer on top of the hardware list and Right click on it then proceed to click on theScan for hardware changes from the menu. 

STEP 6: Confirm that your battery is charging properly, in most cases this should get the issue resolved. However, if the issue still persist, I would recommend a replacement of the battery.

source: https://techsolutionsng.com/threads/plugged-in-not-charging-easy-fix.39/

Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 24, 2018
What about in built battery. I have this challenge with a Lenovo ThinkPad
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by techsolutionsng: 11:29am On Jul 27, 2018
Try the same process with the inbuilt battery leave out the taking out the battery part and proceed.
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
I've done that but It's not working
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by techsolutionsng: 12:50am On Jul 29, 2018
After carrying out the process, Try to charge it for a long period of time and leave it to drain out on its own severally if the Situation persist then I would recommend you replace the battery. Even internal batteries are replaceable, If u reside in Lagos You can take it to computer village and see what options are available to u.
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by obi58: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
techsolutionsng:
After carrying out the process, Try to charge it for a long period of time and leave it to drain out on its own severally if the Situation persist then I would recommend you replace the battery. Even internal batteries are replaceable, If u reside in Lagos You can take it to computer village and see what options are available to u.

Hello Ive tried all this for my ideapad but it's still not working. Any other solution?
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by josh123(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
techsolutionsng:
Its not uncommon to discover that your charger is plugged into your laptop yet its not charging. This issue most of the time does not necessarily mean that your battery is bad, in most cases , the culprit might be a corrupt power management driver. This might be a bit frustrating at first, However there is a very simple fix to this issue. Join me as we resolve this issue with these few steps :

STEP 1: Shut down the Laptop, remove the charger and take out the battery then hold down the power button for 20 to 30 seconds to drain out any static current.

STEP 2: Reconnect your battery, connect your charger and power up the device . Check to see if the issue is still not resolved, assuming its not yet resolved then proceed to the next step:

STEP 3: Open Computer management consoleby right clicking on computer icon located on your desktop and selecting Manage from the drop down menu.

STEP 4: On the Computer management console, locate the device manager then click on it, on the right hand side you will see a list of hardware devices, now click on batteries and then right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstallfrom the drop down menu

STEP 5: After uninstalling the driver then go to the Computer on top of the hardware list and Right click on it then proceed to click on theScan for hardware changes from the menu. 

STEP 6: Confirm that your battery is charging properly, in most cases this should get the issue resolved. However, if the issue still persist, I would recommend a replacement of the battery.

source: https://techsolutionsng.com/threads/plugged-in-not-charging-easy-fix.39/
pls my laptop has failed to start up,whenever I switch on d system the screen will go blind,pls I need ur help on what to do
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by Dboy55(m): 10:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
josh123:
pls my laptop has failed to start up,whenever I switch on d system the screen will go blind,pls I need ur help on what to do
take out the battery,then hold the poser button for 20 to 30 seconds,just keep on tapping the button persistently,
Then put in the battery and reboot
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by josh123(m): 5:45am On Aug 12, 2018
Dboy55:
take out the battery,then hold the poser button for 20 to 30 seconds,just keep on tapping the button persistently,
Then put in the battery and reboot
what do u mean by poser button?
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by Dboy55(m): 5:47am On Aug 12, 2018
josh123:
i meant press the ppwer button
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by Dboy55(m): 5:48am On Aug 12, 2018
josh123:
i meant press the power button
Re: How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops by josh123(m): 5:52am On Aug 12, 2018
Dboy55:
i meant press the power button
k thanks,I will get back to u.but if I take out d battery they won't be electricity on d system or u I shuld rmove d battery and plug my charger

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Brand New Electronics With 1 Year Warranty! / 22 Pictures That Prove We’re Living In The Damn Future / Check Out Apple’s New Music App In Ios 8.4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.