Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly (144 Views)

Kindly Help With My Solar Energy Set Up. / How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops / Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly by BOTTOMCRACKER(m): 1:45pm On Feb 20
To the Solar installation gurus in the house.
Please I need help with a project I'm currently working on.
I just did an installation with a 250watt, 12v panel, but even at very high sun, the panel keeps fluctuating between 5v to 7v which doesn't charge the 12v battery that is in use.
Please what could be the problem, and how can this be corrected?
May God bless you guys, in anticipation of your support.

Re: Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly by eepeepook: 1:54pm On Feb 20
Technicians yapa. Pick your phone and call somebody.
Re: Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly by madridguy(m): 2:24pm On Feb 20
Call your installer.
Re: Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly by Trippledots(m): 4:04pm On Feb 20
Looks like you got a bad panel, or your cables are connected wrongly.

Disconnect your panels, confirm the cables are in correctly to the controller.

If this is in order already, then test for Voc and Isc from your panels after disconnecting them from the CC.

On another note, what's your battery capacity and load? Because that 250w looks very small.
Re: Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly by BOTTOMCRACKER(m): 5:47pm On Feb 20
Trippledots:
Looks like you got a bad panel, or your cables are connected wrongly.

Disconnect your panels, confirm the cables are in correctly to the controller.

If this is in order already, then test for Voc and Isc from your panels after disconnecting them from the CC.

On another note, what's your battery capacity and load? Because that 250w looks very small.

Thanks for your contribution.
The battery is 75A. And as for the load, it's less 200watt all together. Besides, the picture below is at zero(0) load. It actually started well, charging, and ran the load effectively, and then suddenly dropped after about 2 hours.
Hence I removed the load to try running at zero load, but still no improvement.
Re: Help, My Solar Panel Is Not Charging Properly by Trippledots(m): 6:46pm On Feb 20
BOTTOMCRACKER:

Thanks for your contribution.
The battery is 75A. And as for the load, it's less 200watt all together. Besides, the picture below is at zero(0) load. It actually started well, charging, and ran the load effectively, and then suddenly dropped after about 2 hours.
Hence I removed the load to try running at zero load, but still no improvement.

Probably the 250w panel exceeded the allowable maximum voltage for the controller. Read the CC manual very well, check what is the max input voltage for 12v battery. Compare that with the Vmp and Voc of the panel you got.

(1) (Reply)

Individuals Can Stay Safe By Protecting Their Privacy Online / Gate Automation / How To Build An Engaging Website For Competitive Edge In 2020?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.