Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' (23567 Views)

IGP Ibrahim Idris In Marching Blunders At A Ceremony (Video) / IGP Ibrahim Idris' Transmission Video Was Doctored - Police Reacts / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by mytime24(f): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
K
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by 9jaArea: 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mumu man
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by tstx(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Illiterate spotted
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by superior1: 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
What a mooron!
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by jaxxy(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Transmission
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by qanda: 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
It's a sensational headline. His statement is in order.

1 Like

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by zerozeroseven(m): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
This topic is damn misleading. The full text says "available" for the criminally minded not "for" the criminally minded. Wow!

6 Likes

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by dingbang(m): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
All these old men sef who don't have any clue about the power of the social media.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by SEONaijaExpert: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
So everyone on social media is a criminal grin
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
If you watched the video, he was trying to say the social media is available for the criminally minded too. The mass media is another horrible platform that has mislead the public more that any other platform.

I think the police should consider litigation on this one to forestall future occurence.

1 Like

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by israelmao(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mr.Transmission please be warned before we begin to transmit.

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by thayora: 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
stop transmitting rubbish with your transistor mouth.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by fineboynl(m): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
police units of rag tags collection of ex criminals with no basic training or lecturing them of the constitution.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Yankee101: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
He didn't say that. He said it's 'available' to the criminally minded. Implies they can also use it to clamour for banning SARS because it is effective. Mods have an obligation to peruse materials and headlines before posting cos this is libel.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by klax(m): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
Idris again?
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by tyeenigga(m): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
HIGHLY RETARDED
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by rhames(m): 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by whiteeyes: 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
ok, wehaf hear you TRANSMISSION TRANSMITTER expert in 21st century!
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Mysselff2: 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
the most useless IGP In the history of the world
from the worst administration since mankind.

Buhari is a criminal terrorist

Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by springtech(m): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
If you ask me what i think, my reply will come from a song i love:

Transmission, transmission transmission
Say after me

Chorus:
I love to transmission
You love to transmission
We love to transmission

Common,

It is the season of transmission
No one can resist transmission
so let us embrace transmission

Comman beat me, i dey my house for Paris.

1 Like

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by justtoodark: 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
well said....
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by jeffoe(m): 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
Available to and not for. The caption is quite misleading.IsaAbubakar do the needful. There are lot of persons impersonating SARS I believe the unit can be reformed and ther should be continous mandatory training.

THE corruption in the unit as well as the Nigeria police is majorly as a result of NEED. The police is grossly underfunded.

Ending Sars would only result to increased armed robbery

2 Likes

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by justtoodark: 8:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
get rid of sars...why not get rid of the entire police force too,when you are at it...dont stop their...get rid of the army too.....

only criminal minds would make such sujestions.....

1 Like

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
FarahAideed:
He actually meant to say that a lots of criminally minded people are on social media and could be using it to clamour for the shutting down of SARs ..
Well said. wink

2 Likes

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by justtoodark: 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
nabiz:
nawa ooo. i think somebody should remind the man that we are now in the 21st century

fvck your 21st century......
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
Yes, "social media is a technology for the criminally minded" because Nigerians used it to expose your incompetence and the fact that you cannot read.

Go tell Donald Trump and the rest of the world leaders, and competent and literate police chiefs around the world who use social media, that they do so because they are "criminally minded."

Ibrahim Idris is a disgrace to Nigeria. Without tribal considerations by Buhari, Ibrahim Idris would not be the nation's Police Chief.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Goddex: 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
nabiz:
nawa ooo. i think somebody should remind the man that we are now in the 21st century
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
springtech:
If you ask me what i think, my reply will come from a song i love:

Say after me

Chorus:
I love to transmission
You love to transmission
We love to transmission

Common,

It is the season of transmission
No one can resist transmission
so let us embrace transmission

Comman beat me, i dey my house for Paris.
See your mouth!! cheesy
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by bejeria101(m): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
Stark illetrate! Transfusion transmitter transformer! Oponu iranu!
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by sonsomegrigbo: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
You are correct sir...

But na only Igbos ooo...

Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka Igbo amaka
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by bejeria101(m): 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
Earthquake1:
Can't wait to leave this country

Me sef dey think am!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LagosAPCPrimaries: No Agent Yet For Ambode / NJC Concludes Probe Of Onnoghen, Ibrahim Muhammad Silent On Findings / Boko Haram Abducts Teenage Girls In Borno, Kill Seven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.