Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints (1125 Views)

Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / Top 5 Cars The Nigerian Police Are Usually Afraid To Stop At Checkpoints / 10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by nurey(m): 8:06am On Jul 21, 2018
The abeokuta end of the stretch starts from rounder all the way to towns in oyo state. Notable towns along the highway include Igboora (a town known for high rate of twin birth), Iseyin, Okaka, Oti, Saki and a host of others.
The highway has been known as a gateway to the north precisely Sokoto but due to lost portions along the way, the road has been abandoned for the lagos ibadan expressway.

Passing through the road, one can see its treacherous nature as a very dangerous route, trailers and containers litter the bushy roads, forest and bush outgrowths make bends and corners dead-spots deadly, roads have craters and it is a single carriage lane.

The most baffling of all is the roadblocks and checkpoint mounted by the police, Army and Nigerian Immigration. You will see others like VGN who actually are working and forest rangers.

You have to settle a minimum of 20 roadblocks and a maximum of 50 depending on how popular you are and how risky your mind set is. Risk comes with damage to car like planks and bamboo used on windscreen, AK47 slammed on cars or threatening to shoot gesture by the force Men on the road.

The settlement ranges between 200 to 100 naira for the Army while police collect 100naira to white (50 naira) grin

You have to settle atleast 20 checks x 100 naira. A range of 2000 naira per trip.

Who bears the brunt?
Road users lament the disgusting delays and the drivers cushioning effect by turning a 6passenger vehicle into a 9passenger vehicle (Toyota picnic and mitsubishi spacebus) sitting is very uncomfortable coupled with the vibrations of bad roads one is bound for body aches after the trip.

Most of the officers on the road aren't with police uniform, majority are only on mufti, others just put on FSARS vest, majority utilize private vehicles as patrol vehicle and those with actual patrol vans have flat tires makes you wonder if they can respond to emergencies or even if they are really in that area legally.

cc lalastica, Marpol

Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by buygala(m): 8:17am On Jul 21, 2018
No picture of the Road

No picture of the Army on the road

No picture of the Police on the Road

No picture of all others mentioned on the road

No picture of Op on the road

No Video to authenticate this one-for-the-road story undecided

Oga Op, shey ur Moniker 'nurey' means Nuruddeen grin.....Let me tell you a short story cool

While in OAU, I had this hostel mate named Nuruddeen....but we used to call him Alfa Cowbell grin

Dude didn't have much sense....Now i know why smiley

4 Likes

Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by nurey(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2018
buygala:
No picture of the Road

Oga Op, shey ur Moniker 'nurey' means Nuruddeen grin.....Let me tell you a short story cool

While in OAU, I had this hostel mate named Nuruddeen....but we used to call him Alfa Cowbell grin

Dude didn't have much sense....Now i know why smiley

there is a difference between bring something to lime light and investigative journalism.

do you know what force Men do to you when you take pictures of them. I guess not.

as for your alfa cowbell only someone who doesn't have much sense knows aan individual with such trait grin

2 Likes

Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by buygala(m): 8:53am On Jul 21, 2018
nurey:

there is a difference between bring something to lime light and investigative journalism.

do you know what force Men do to you when you take pictures of them. I guess not.

as for your alfa cowbell only someone who doesn't have much sense knows aan individual with such trait grin
So you want us to rant with you without any shred of evidence supporting your story grin

Sir, are you sure you are not the Alfa Cowbell in my story? grin
Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by nurey(m): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2018
buygala:

So you want us to rant with you without any shred of evidence supporting your story grin

Sir, are you sure you are not the Alfa Cowbell in my story? grin

The location has been named, the map has been uploaded, how to get there is clearly stated.

The distance is 147km, a V12 SUV/Sedan would do 12l per 100km you are looking at around 20l for the whole journey

20L x 145 = 2900 thats the amount of money it would cost you to investigate my claim and satisfy your curiosity.

for your info this discovery is to bring to light people incharge of security in that area, i dont know why there are so much road blocks there in such a short distance of travel.

As for the alfa cowbell it is still your opinion as you are entitled to one and its "Nurudeen" not nuruddeen
Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by kingreign(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2018
buygala:
No picture of the Road

[s]Oga Op, shey ur Moniker 'nurey' means Nuruddeen grin.....Let me tell you a short story cool

Dude didn't have much sense....Now i know why[/s] smiley
your response is totally unwelcome and needless. you just hit him below the belt for no reason. your joke is dry and lame, if you woke up from the wrong side of your bed or you were frustrated by someone go settle it.

1 Like

Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by buygala(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2018
kingreign:
your response is totally unwelcome and needless. you just hit him below the belt for no reason. your joke is dry and lame, if you woke up from the wrong side of your bed or you were frustrated by someone go settle it.

Kazeem coming to the rescue of another Kazeem grin

You are fully entitled to feeling peddling unverified information is cool...i don't

Facebook, WhatsApp, and other sane entities don't feel it's right either grin

All the same....Your Opinion is your problem ..not mine smiley
Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by kingreign(m): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2018
nurey:

No mind the alakoba. He get diarhoea of the mouth hands.

cc: demeanors, a yaba left patient has left the facility.
Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by kingreign(m): 9:15am On Jul 21, 2018
buygala:

Kazeem coming to the rescue of another Kazeem grin

You are fully entitled to feeling peddling unverified information is cool...i don't

Facebook, WhatsApp, and other sane entities don't feel it's right either grin

All the same....Your Opinion is your problem ..not mine smiley
Ermm... i saw you danced yesterday again naked in balogun market, last week it was in ariara market in scorching sun and sweltering heat. biko your village people are on your case big time.
Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by nurey(m): 9:16am On Jul 21, 2018
kingreign:
No mind the alakoba. He get diarhoea of the mouth hands.

cc: demeanors, a yaba left patient has left the facility.

The guy is obviously a troll, he maybe one of those force men making an illegal living extorting road users along that route.
Re: The 147km Highway With 50 Roadblocks And Checkpoints by antagonist: 9:42am On Jul 21, 2018
Lol he has a point though albeit rude. The title is so dramatic but the content is really scanty. A picture is worth a lot of words. It would not necessarily have to be a picture of the armed men, but of the road itself, or landmarks, etc. In its present condition the thread is quite lacklustre.

Practical example:

https://www.nairaland.com/4614474/photos-milliken-hill-road-enugu

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get This 14" AMG Wheels In Lagos? / Help road accident victims get compensation money for free / PCX Vertical Cycle Mechanical Parking Equipment Seems To Be The New Solution! !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.