Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria (22377 Views)

My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. / Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month / Rice Farming: My Sweet-bitter Experience. Looking forward & Re-strategizing!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by ManirBK: 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by dbynonetwork: 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
ManirBK:
E pain am

Ode...
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Pataricatering(f): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
anonymuz:
Soon cows will eat up that farm and bubu will support his fellow herder with guns
they have made 6billion and are on the way to making more - cows have not eaten the farm ! Simply say you wish cows eat the farms - with your black soul !

2 Likes

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Maket: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
And this is a state with little rain fall per annum but depends mainly on irrigation supported by the state

A state that called themselves food basket of the nation has becomes the hungry basket due to lack of government support.

Some states even declared Thursdays and Fridays public holiday to encourage farming but failed to pay salaries for 13 months and the state now has RED CARD

1 Like

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Sammyimpostor: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Godwin really gather stuff oooo

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
i've not seen any tractor,no mill,no factory,no bagging machine.sha,until i see it in the market.
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by protocoll(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
edelweiss:
Lagos-kebbi rice
.. I thought its a joint business between Lagos and kebbi state.
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Bruemath(m): 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hmmm
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
post=69574897:
God bless the OP.
God bless Kebbi State.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
rebagging things.no be today yansh de back oo.a bag of rice still at #18000.moffos
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by adecz: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
APC & fake propaganda.... undecided undecided undecided

The talk as if rice was not being
cultivated before they came to power.

They will not mention that locally produce
foodstuff were affordable b4 they came
to power.

APC & politics of hunger & poverty..

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Where is LAKE rice?
in lagos press
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Paretomaster1:

Says who? I saw this rice in lokoja last week, and it's from WACOT in Kebbi state...
is this the lake rice?are you alright?
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by ajebuter(f): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
Although a Lagosian born and bred..

I always remember Kebbi state with a smile and fondness for its ambience during my NYSC service in 2001-2002

Such peaceful and hospitable people...Cost of living,, very low and affordable, the people are friendly and nice, religious and ethnic tolerance and all..

Even the governor then was so down to earth and approachable to us youth corp members as well as the emir..

So I'm not surprised good things are happening there and it still remains one of the most peaceful states in Nigeria.

God bless Kebbi state
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Mcreloaded(m): 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Edo state is watching while other states are championing rice production.
I remember Ekpoma rice which is even more expensive and real sweet than foreign rice right from time immemorial is never mentioned.
Edo state which way

1 Like

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
This is a good initiative by the Kebbi state government in partnership with the Lagos state government.

KEBBI STATE! WHY WASTE YOUR TIME DEPENDING ON FEDERAL ALLOCATION

KEBBI STATE SHOULD JUST SCALE UP THEIR AGRICULTURE BEYOND RICE FARMING TO INCLUDE OTHER EXPORTABLE CROPS.

Many other northern state who are refusing to accept the RESTRUCTURING OF OUR FEDERAL SYSTEM because of their belief that they can not survive without federal allocation will know better that they have BLACK GOLD lying in waste.

That black gold which is Agriculture should only be step up.

I believe if the north had face Agriculture with all seriousness in the past 50 years they would have arrive as an AGRICULTURAL POWER HOUSE IN AFRICA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Paretomaster1(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ikpongiton:
is this the lake rice?are you alright?

No, that's another product from Kebbi state, lake rice is also available if u want...

Yes, am alright, now lemme ask, are u mad sir?

1 Like

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
Paretomaster1:

No, that's another product from Kebbi state, lake rice is also available if u want...

Yes, am alright, now lemme ask, are u mad sir?
no,iam not mad.but iam mad about the system and the high prices of rice and commodities in the market.
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Paretomaster1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ikpongiton:
no,iam not mad.but iam mad about the system and the high prices of rice and commodities in the market.

With time we shall get there...... Once other states follow suit, things will get better

In fact greedy people are making things worse down south, most things are cheaper up North..
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by NoToPile: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
That lake rice is the real thing. I never knew the imported Thailand rice was terrible till I tasted our local one It's taste is nice . When eating it you will know you are eating quality and the one I bought is stone free.

Our local rice is healthier jare. That imported rice is beginning to taste like chaff in my mouth like it's overprocessed or something

3 Likes

Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Awoleesu(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
Is Audu Ogbeh still the Hon. Minister for Agriculture?
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by j1mmy: 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
show me the China man running the farms, Nigrians are too stupid and lazy to do what is advertised here.
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by somehow: 4:27am On Jul 22, 2018
If you are ready to pay me #5k per bag as my fee, i will supply you bags of lake rice anytime you want.
dimeji1:
You only see this rice in town during Christmas or ileya Festival.
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2018
God bless PMB
Re: How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2019
Nigeria's Rice Production Is Enough To Sustain Local Consumption
www.ricedepot.ng/nigerias-rice-production-enough-sustain-local-consumption/

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Started My EXPORT Business With ZERO Initial Capital / My Harvested Cucumber / Akwa Ibom To Import 2,000 Pregnant Cattle From Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.