Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality (504 Views)

Only Minions Justifying Their Cheques Need Wike In Our Party - Rivers APC / Abuja Chief Imam Must Be Removed For Justifying Deborah Samuel's Murder -soyinka / Police Public Relations School In Nasarawa Commissioned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by okuya: 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
Abayomi Shogunle, the Head of Public Complaints Rapid Response Unit of the Nigerian Police Service has seen his real size after he tried to justify police brutality of Nigerian Police by posting a video of a Ghanaian policeman beating a nursing mother in a banking hall. The Ghanaian police officer in the video has been arrested and is currently facing prosecution after the video sparked outrage in Ghana .

Shogunle in a tweet seemed to be justifying the brutality of the Men of the Nigerian Special Anti Robbery Squad known as SARS, whom have been severally accused of brutalising innocent citizens and even accused of robbing innocent citizens by forcefully making them part with huge sums.
The public complaint head tweeted

"WE WILL NEVER DO THIS IN NIGERIA
A GHANAIAN POLICE OFFICER BEATING A NURSING MOTHER IN RAMBO-STYLE INSIDE A BANKING HALL IN ACCRA TODAY.

HOPE #ENDSARS PEOPLE CAN SEE THE REAL POLICE BRUTALITY "

many tweeter users both from Nigeria and Ghana came to his attack reminding him that the said officer has been arrested and is under prosecution, while he would have walked free it were to be in Nigeria.
"

Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by okuya: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
See tweet

Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by okuya: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018

Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by okuya: 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2018

Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by okuya: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2018

Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by okuya: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
Abayomi Shogunle

Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
That man has always been an idiot

Ghana handled the police brutality quickly and maturely but Nigeria police will keep on denying it even with video evidence

#EndSARS

3 Likes

Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by Kingosytex(m): 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Oga if not for the respect i have for people i would called you an idiot, these SARS guys are causing havoc every where and u r here talking rubbish. sooner or later these SARS guys will torment a member of your family because what goes around comes around.
Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by hisgrace090: 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mad people on uniform.
Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
Africa harbours a lot of idiots. A higher percentage of the idiots are in Nigeria and they wear uniforms
Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by OHOnairaland: 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Back in my primary school time, we were thought how the name NIGERIA came about, the person that designed the Nigerian flag and what green white green signified. We were also tutored on the Nigerian coat of arm, the symbols thereon and what they stood for. I have grown up now as an adult only to realise that I don't know what our Naira - the Nigerian currency stands for nor how it came about. This is really shameful. I have not read about it anywhere and no school has ever thought me about it, not in the primary, secondary nor tertiary. Could there be a secrete surrounding the name as someone was making me believe recently? He said it meant Never Allow Igbos Rule Again. If it is not being taught, I personally think that such omission couldn't have been unintentional. Who can resolve the quagmire for me?
Re: Police Public Complaint Head Under Fire For Justifying SARS Brutality by RevenGeMission: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
Yeye police

Yeye Sars

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Explains Seizure Of Nkpor Spare Part Market Land / Meet The 15 Senators Who Fled From APC To PDP / Defection Of Ortom, National Assembly Members To PDP Tip Of Iceberg – Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.