Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

We Built This Place Called Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Built This Place Called Nigeria! (775 Views)

Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. / We Built N30m Mosque For Displaced Herders –Agric Ministry / Reno Omokri: Biafrans Built This Armoured Car During The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Built This Place Called Nigeria! by greatgod2012(f): 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
WE BUILT THIS PLACE

by Ademola H. Adigun

A lecturer wanting 5 rounds to pass a female student.
A policeman demanding 500k for bail.
A judge demanding 5m for judgement.
A public servant demanding 50m for a contract.
A voter demanding 5k for his/her vote.
A clergy demanding 5-500k for “blessings”.

A leader(s) close their eyes to corruption and nepotism.
A parent offering 50k for ward’s admission into school or paying for exam questions.

A society rewarding incompetence.
A society closing its mind to murder.
A society shutting down common sense.
A society designed to allow the worst to emerge to the top, in many respects.
A society that justifies all things in the name of politics, tribe, ethnicity and individual benefit.

A society that blackmail others for difference in thinking.

A Nation that we have all collectively built. One working towards oppressing the other. Where impunity is rife. Where our default thinking is on wailing or hailing never a consideration of the issue.

*A society with low or no expectations from their leaders.

A society in conflict with itself.

*A society where thought is absent. That all issues are swept under the carpet depending on who holds the broom and where all things can be covered depending on where the umbrella tilts.

A society where seemingly educated men run away from speaking out in the face of evil so that they will be seen as saints or erring on the side of his ethnic descent, religious or political leaning or simply bandwagon effect without minding the consequence however grave. For some, they had voted for their early or untimely grave, for some they had voted for the extinction of their family and for some ethnic cleansing is staring them in the face with tolls of death on a daily basis!

A society where evil doers are glorified by men who pretend to be gentlemen.

A society where men have no regards to the legacy they will leave behind.

*A society where money is preferred to wisdom!!!

*We built this place!

Copied#

1 Like

Re: We Built This Place Called Nigeria! by greatgod2012(f): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
I saw this piece and I decided to share because this writeup aptly describe our Nigeria society. May God bless the writer and we the readers.

Nigeria and Nigerians need healing and cleansing!
Re: We Built This Place Called Nigeria! by Sharpshooota: 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Please zombies built this place...

A place where a certificateless cattle rearer is elected as president.... A dictator and a religious bigot

The country is useless anyways

A place where Human lives means nothing around here
It's just soft targets and numbers

God curses such country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Built This Place Called Nigeria! by greatgod2012(f): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Please zombies built this place...

A place where a certificateless cattle rearer is elected as president.... A dictator and a religious bigot

The country is useless anyways

A place where Human lives means nothing around here
It's just soft targets and numbers

God curses such country

No one has monopoly to zombiism. If you're not a zombie to PDP flagbearers, you're definitely one to his APC counterparts. Let's stop glorifying any Nigeria politician, they're all the same, they only have their own personal and immediate family members interest at heart, not for Nigerians. And unfortunately we Nigerians are making this very easy for them. It's high time we wake up from our sleep and jointly see these politicians as our common enemies.

#We built this place called Nigeria #

1 Like

Re: We Built This Place Called Nigeria! by Sharpshooota: 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
greatgod2012:

No one has monopoly to zombiism. If you're not a zombie to PDP flagbearers, you're definitely one to his APC counterparts. Let's stop glorifying any Nigeria politician, they're all the same, they only have their own personal and immediate family members interest at heart, not for Nigerians. And unfortunately we Nigerians are making this very easy for them. It's high time we wake up from our sleep and jointly see these politicians as our common enemies.

#We built this place called Nigeria #

I'm sure you didn't see me praise any thief in my post

Nigerian politicians are selfish and wicked

Especially the liars in APC ...both their supporters

They will not die well

They will suffer for all eternity... Believe me

Re: We Built This Place Called Nigeria! by greatgod2012(f): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2018
Sharpshooota:

They will not die well

What a gory picture
Re: We Built This Place Called Nigeria! by greatgod2012(f): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2018
Sharpshooota:

They will not die well

What a gory picture

(1) (Reply)

"NASS Mass Defection Healthy For National Polity"- Gov Udom Reacts / President Buhari Expecting Full Report On SARS Operations - Yemi Osinbanjo / When Will Kenneth Okonkwo Buy Apc Governorship Nomination Form For Enugu...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.