Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Nigeria Is Copying The United States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Copying The United States (19778 Views)

Amina J. Mohammed As Profiled By The United Nations / Dieziani Is Copying My Childhood Trick! - By Mohnice / APC Is Copying United State On Senate President And Speaker Of House Of Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Copying The United States by ezeagu(m): 12:56am On Jun 15, 2010
Its funny, I know, but it is actually happening. grin shocked

(The bald Eagle is only found in North America)

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bNhyYPQNIBw/ShG5KFSkPfI/AAAAAAAAA2k/fPGVOFAM4E4/s400/h.jpg[/img]

[img]http://cityscoper.files./2009/05/nollywood-011.jpg[/img] (It's not real)
[img]http://broadcatching.files./2009/02/lasvegas1.jpg[/img]
[center][size=90pt]LAS GIDI[/size][/center]

It could have been that a whole 7 of these are coincidences, but this last one I cannot excuse. grin

Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by mamagee3(f): 1:01am On Jun 15, 2010
You've got to be a comedian to have figured all these out, lol. grin

But, I agree on the P-square own. . .that's the only one that's sincere.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by ezeagu(m): 1:19am On Jun 15, 2010
mama-gee:

that's the only one that's sincere.

What do you mean?
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by Eddeux(m): 2:03am On Jun 15, 2010
Okay, there is also a Bollywood!

No resemblance between the states whatsoever.

I see no resemblance between the seals (ours is an eagle, yours is two horses).
Okay the presidential seal may be a little alike, but there are over 190 countries on Earth so how many diff. designs of a seal can one make?  grin
P Square, don't even know who the hell they are. Unless they're copying the so called Black American 'gangsta mentality'.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 15, 2010
i guess the united states also organise their independence anniversary with a whooping 10 billion naira and send over 200 people to conferences abroad smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by ezeagu(m): 3:13am On Jun 15, 2010
Eddeux:

Okay, there is also a Bollywood!

Do you want to be a leader or a follower?

Eddeux:

No resemblance between the states whatsoever.

No resemblance apart from the fact that there's over 30 states packed into a country that is the same size as one US state.  undecided

Eddeux:

I see no resemblance between the seals (ours is an eagle, yours is two horses).

You don't see the big red bird on top of a shield looking to the left, you don't see the fonts' style and size, you don't see the big circle around the whole thing and you don't see all the stars? And lol at "yours".

This is how not to copy.

Lead by example, don't settle for a cheap imitation.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by paddylo1(m): 3:46am On Jun 15, 2010
@Poster
is there actually a NOLLYWOOD sign in NAIJA?. . where is it exactly

However if we must copy any country in the world,it might as well the the big bad USA. . afterall they got a black presido
and we copied their constitution anyway
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by paddylo1(m): 3:48am On Jun 15, 2010
No resemblance apart from the fact that there's over 30 states packed into a country that is the same size as one US state.

No homie,Nigeria is actually the size of California,Nevada,and arizona joined together

No one USA state is big as Nigeria. . capiche?
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by MandingoII(m): 4:23am On Jun 15, 2010
There is Not an original THOUGHT in all of Africa.

AGAIN

the best and brightest was stolen out of that continent.

Black Americans are naturally original.

Africans parakeet what the white man and their tribes saY. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by Eddeux(m): 4:25am On Jun 15, 2010
ezeagu:

Do you want to be a leader or a follower?
  ur point?

ezeagu:
No resemblance apart from the fact that there's over 30 states packed into a country that is the same size as one US state.  undecided
Paddy_lo already summed it up, Nigeria is twice the size of Cali, but yeah too many states in the country, imo. I think Nigeria has more states than Brazil (a country more than 4 times it size)

ezeagu:
You don't see the big red bird on top of a shield looking to the left, you don't see the fonts' style and size, you don't see the big circle around the whole thing and you don't see all the stars? And lol at "yours".

Lead by example, don't settle for a cheap imitation.
okay, if you have a problem with it go take it up with the designer, or send a letter to the Nigerian government offering to redesign!
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by Cohomology: 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2010
paddy_lo:

No homie,Nigeria is actually the size of California,Nevada,and arizona joined together

True, except for Alaska!

Nigeria:    923,768 sq km

Alaska: 1,717,854 sq km

Alaska is nearly two times the size of Nigeria.

No other state in the US is as large as Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by paddylo1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2010
True, except for Alaska!

Nigeria: 923,768 sq km

Alaska: 1,717,854 sq km

Alaska is nearly two times the size of Nigeria.

No other state in the US is as large as Nigeria.

oh yea ALASKA. . that wasteland. .i even forgot it exists. . lol
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by knotty(m): 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2010
paddy_lo:

oh yea ALASKA. . that wasteland. .i even forgot it exists. . lol

go and plant a Russian Flag on top of it and see what will happen. wasteland indeed!
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by tpiah: 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2010
with the exception of the psquare example and maybe the state creation, all others are purely circumstantial.

domes are commonly used anywhere.

the seals of other countries should be used for comparison [s]since america also got her own seal idea from somewhere.[/s]

in short, not a big deal.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by ezeagu(m): 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2010
paddy_lo:

Texas. . . . yeah, you need a map. grin

Eddeux:

your point?

In response to Nollywood you went "Okay, there is also a Bollywood!", I'll leave you to figure that one out for yourself.

Eddeux:

Paddy_lo already summed it up, Nigeria is twice the size of Cali, but yeah too many states in the country, imo. I think Nigeria has more states than Brazil (a country more than 4 times it size)

Texas is bigger than Nigeria. Nigeria is trying to have the same amount of states as the US.

Eddeux:

okay, if you have a problem with it go take it up with the designer, or send a letter to the Nigerian government offering to redesign!

Where can I do that, and what is the gaurantee the designer will actually get it, and can change it? Anyway the point was to highlight Nigeria's copying, the thread isn't about whether this is good or bad, maybe if the thread gets longer that will develop.

tpiah:

with the exception of the psquare example and maybe the state creation, all others are purely circumstantial.

domes are commonly used anywhere.

the seals of other countries should be used for comparison [s]since america also got her own seal idea from somewhere.[/s]

in short, not a big deal.

No I don't buy that. For me the eagle is blatant, Nollywood is blatant (obviously) and the dome is blatant. It's not even only the dome, is the rest of the building as well. grin And by they got their own seal from somewhere where do you mean?
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by tpiah: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2010
^^but didnt you say the photo of nollywood is fake. As per the name nollywood itself, who was consulted before they settled on that name.

the abuja dome doesnt look so american to me.

here are more domes:

st peter's basilica rome

dome on the rock jerusalem
[img]http://salonvansisyphus.files./2009/12/a-1-dome-of-the-rock-jerusalem.jpg[/img]

taj mahal india
[img]http://kittensmewmew.files./2009/01/taj-mahal.jpg[/img]

st paul's cathedral uk

Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by Hauwa1: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
wait, that Nollywood pic looks like my grandfather's farm @ aliomuna shocked who put sign board for there. just becos we arent there does not mean we have neglected the farm shocked
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by tpiah: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
And by they got their own seal from somewhere where do you mean?

post more photos of seals from around the world, for comparison.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by MissyB1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
This is hilarious!! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by paddylo1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2010
Texas. . . . yeah, you need a map.

Texas is not bigger than Nigeria. . u are the one that needs a map
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by paddylo1(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2010
FROM CIA FACTBOOK
NIGERIA

total: 923,768 sq km

country comparison to the world: 32

land: 910,768 sq km

water: 13,000 sq km

Area - comparative:
slightly more than twice the size of California cool

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2010
knotty:

go and plant a Russian Flag on top of it and see what will happen. wasteland indeed!

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]

good one!!
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by paddylo1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2010

Dude only drug dealers(meth heads),criminals,white trash,and all other crazy mofos move to ALASKA
ALASKA has the worst drug problem,and more meth labs per capita than any state in America

The place is a wasteland,u and SARAH PALIN can have it
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by ezeagu(m): 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
knotty:

What are you talking about? Of course Alaska is a wasteland, it's [size=15pt]full of useless crude oil![/size] grin

tpiah:

^^but didnt you say the photo of nollywood is fake. As per the name nollywood itself, who was consulted before they settled on that name.

the abuja dome doesnt look so american to me.

here are more domes:
st peter's basilica rome
dome on the rock jerusalem
taj mahal india
st paul's cathedral uk

Things should be put in context, you've shown me religious buildings and a palace, I've shown you two working government buildings that have very similar functions. The architecture of the two buildings are too similar.  I know Nigeria copied.

tpiah:

post more photos of seals from around the world, for comparison.

I have, but for you I'll post more:

Turkey:

Ireland:

Japan (Empirical)

I looked hard and I couldn't see any eagles; no, not an eagle (spread wings looking to left) in sight!

paddy_lo:

FROM CIA FACTBOOK
NIGERIA

total: 923,768 sq km

country comparison to the world: 32

land: 910,768 sq km

water: 13,000 sq km

Area - comparative:
slightly more than twice the size of California  cool

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html

In the end what have you proven, that Nigeria is slightly bigger than Texas and smaller than Alaska, my point still stands.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by paddylo1(m): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2010
In the end what have you proven, that Nigeria is slightly bigger than Texas and smaller than Alaska, my point still stands.

How does your point still stand when u claimed that in the following quote. .
Texas is bigger than Nigeria. Nigeria is trying to have the same amount of states as the US.

If u want to change your words do so. . but dont lie on the same thread where everyone can see. . .

ps TEXAS has an area of 268820 square miles (696,200 km2)
Nigeria is 923,768 sq km. . .u do the math. . but a difference of over 200,000 sq Km is not slightly bigger
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by safariman(m): 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
Other copies, What about the Nigeria's constitution and the fact that the Super Eagles players put their arm across their chests during the singing of our national anthem
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by tpiah: 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ezeagu

from wiki:

The construction of technically advanced large-scale true domes began in the Roman Architectural Revolution,[1] when they were frequently used by the Romans to shape large interior spaces of temples and public buildings, such as the Pantheon. This tradition continued unabated after the adoption of Christianity in the Byzantine (East Roman) religious and secular architecture, culminating in the revolutionary pendentive dome of the 6th century church Hagia Sophia. With the Muslim conquest of the Sassanid Empire and the Byzantine Near East, the dome also became a feature of Muslim architecture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

on st paul's cathedral:

Its impressive dome was inspired by St Peter's Basilica in Rome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Paul%27s_Cathedral

on the US capitol building:

The dome over the United States Capitol building was built from 1855 to 1866. Although painted white and crowning a masonry building, the dome is actually cast iron, as are the internal support framework and stairs. The design was heavily influenced by the dome of St. Paul's Cathedral in London, among others

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;msg=6220132;topic=463089.0;sesc=367b73bf647cc8cd6ce1ee9f482747f9
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by ezeagu(m): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2010
paddy_lo:

How does your point still stand when u claimed that in the following quote. .

Because the original point was that Nigeria is the same size as a US state and is trying to have the same amount of states as the US. We have established that Nigeria is smaller than a US state and we have established that the amount of states in Nigeria (which are even being eyed to be demarcated more) is almost the same amount as the US (one day you'll get those 50 states Nigeria!).

paddy_lo:

If u want to change your words do so. . but dont lie on the same thread where everyone can see. . .

ps TEXAS has an area of 268820 square miles (696,200 km2)
Nigeria is 923,768 sq km. . .u do the math. . but a difference of over 200,000 sq Km is not slightly bigger

What do you think you're doing, catching me out? Where did I lie? Your post doesn't even match up with mine because you're obviously aiming for something that doesn't have anything to do with making points or with the topic. Do you think this puts any dents in the evidence? Nigeria is smaller than a US state, a fact.

tpiah:

@ezeagu
from wiki:
on st paul's cathedral:
on the US capitol building:

And how does this show that Nigeria isn't copying the United States? Don't you think it will make better sense if it was the Parliamentary palace that the US copied? I still stand by my last post, plus I don't think the majority of Nigerians are English descendants, I don't know maybe I missed something.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by Eddeux(m): 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2010
ezeagu:

Nigeria isn't slightly bigger than Texas, it's more than twice the size of it! Texas is similar in size to France, it's not over 300,000 sq. miles.
ezeagu:
In response to Nollywood you went "Okay, there is also a Bollywood!", I'll leave you to figure that one out for yourself.
Can you prove that Nollywood was copying Hollywood w/ the name? Possible coincidence? But again who cares it's just a name for pete's sake! I didn't know little things like that bothered you.
ezeagu:
Really? I think Nigeria having so many states has more to do w/ political issues in the country, nothing related to the US of A.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by Eddeux(m): 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2010
Because the original point was that Nigeria is the same size as a US state and is trying to have the same amount of states as the US. We have established that Nigeria is smaller than a US state and we have established that the amount of states in Nigeria (which are even being eyed to be demarcated more) is almost the same amount as the US (one day you'll get those 50 states Nigeria!).

so with saying that any country as big or smaller than Nigeria with almost 50 states like the USA is copying it? Or is this just limited to Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by ezeagu(m): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
Eddeux:

Nigeria isn't slightly bigger than Texas, it's more than twice the size of it! Texas is similar in size to France, it's not over 300,000 sq. miles.

Okay, back it up, and the evidence better show that Nigeria is twice the size of Texas! grin

Eddeux:

Can you prove that Nollywood was copying Hollywood w/ the name? Possible coincidence? But again who cares it's just a name for pete's sake! I didn't know little things like that bothered you.

. . . . . .a coincidence?

Eddeux:

Really? I think Nigeria having so many states has more to do w/ political issues in the country, nothing related to the US of A.

Nigeria is copying the US.

Eddeux:

so with saying that any country as big or smaller than Nigeria with almost 50 states like the USA is copying it? Or is this just limited to Nigeria?

Before you start looking for that, how will showing me another country that copies the US show that Nigeria is not copying the US? Now go and look for a country the same size as Nigeria or smaller with more than 30 states, emphasis on states, they must be called states.
Re: Nigeria Is Copying The United States by tpiah: 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2010
And how does this show that Nigeria isn't copying the United States? Don't you think it will make better sense if it was the Parliamentary palace that the US copied? I still stand by my last post, plus I don't think the majority of Nigerians are English descendants, I don't know maybe I missed something.

every country copied from somewhere else.

the domes in africa/nigeria itself have been there since time immemorial, or because they're thatched huts does that mean they're no longer domes.

and you dont have to be an english descendant to copy something good from another culture.

btw, like i told auwal before, many other countries have the eagle as their symbol, since eagles and falcons are found all over the world.

i always suspected auwal wasnt hausa as he was claiming. Something's fishy about him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Sets Commission Of Inquiry To Probe Amaechi / How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan / "Biafra Is A Fraud – It Was In The Mortuary, Now Gone To The Cemetery" -Nwabueze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.