Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Why Are Toyota Prices Rising - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are Toyota Prices Rising (711 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by tybaba: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2010
I recently inquired about buying a toyota Yaris and was told it goes for N3.25m that up from N2.6m a friend of mine bought it early in the year; also Toyota corolla now goes for 4.25m up from 3.75m. i don't understand why the prices should be going up withthe problems of toyota and the naira appreciating against other currencies. does anyone have an explanation or are my being hoodwinked;
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by Gifo(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2010
tybaba: I observed the same thing about the prices. It seems to be a strategy rather than an increase in cost of production. Like saying 'don't think we are unreliable because of the issues we have, we're still tops'. You know, the way it is in naija there is general price increase, you can get a top range Camry pursuing N8million, not even a bulletproof, damn!
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by Onwan: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2010
@Tybaba
You need to be clear IF you talking about the prices[b] you are getting it Toks in Nigeria[/b] OR the factory pricing.

Any current or well researched person knows that there has not been any offical upward review in Toyota vehicle pricing, as a matter of fact, in some quarters there are reports of price slashes up to 30%.

You might want to check up on some stuff next time.
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by femmy2010(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
Demand for it is high
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
One of the biggest reason is cos the clearing cost has gone thru the roof.
Now it cost over 1M Naira to clear a 2011 Rides and 1M naira to clear 2010 rides.
So thanks to our govt that made the money and yet we see nothing been done with it.

Tell us what kinda car you looking for and we will get you a great value and not the useless airbagless rides in Nigeria for a great price.

Femmmy.moto@gmail.com
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
Onwan:

@Tybaba
You need to be clear IF you talking about the prices[b] you are getting it Toks in Nigeria[/b] OR the factory pricing.

Any current or well researched person knows that there has not been any offical upward review in Toyota vehicle pricing, as a matter of fact, in some quarters there are reports of price slashes up to 30%.

You might want to check up on some stuff next time.

That is not true at all oh, Chief.
Toyota, when they has the recall problems, they gave incentives, but not to slash price by 30% . . . But such increase in prices as mentioned by the poster is a little on the high side, but like i mentioned above, the cost of clearing has gone crazy, and the customs are out there to make early Xmas money.
But this phase too shall pass
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by Onwan: 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That is not true at all oh, Chief.
Toyota, when they has the recall problems, they gave incentives, but not to slash price by 30% . . . But such increase in prices as mentioned by the poster is a little on the high side, but like i mentioned above, the cost of clearing has gone crazy, and the customs are out there to make early Xmas money.
But this phase too shall pass

@Fhemmmy
You might want to check this out: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/apr/05/toyota-sales-surge-in-march-2010

It might not have been a world-wide thing like I stated, BUT the price slash happened and helped in boosting their sales. I also have a friend in Ontario that bought a 2010 at a slashed price during the "Pedal" thing
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by tybaba: 7:56am On Jun 17, 2010
Thanks a lot fhemmmy, i guess the explanation on increase in import duties and taxes make sense. Its a shame though.
I am interested in a toyota yaris 2010 model, as i said a friend told me he got his for 2.6m which is quite reasonable to me. but if i have to pay 3.25m for one i will go to another brand of car. no point spending that much and still missout on all the effizzy, if you know what i mean.
by the way i check two toyota dealers in port harcourt and in lagos.
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by tybaba: 7:58am On Jun 17, 2010
If i do have to consider another brand of cars what brand will you suggest at a cap price of 3.2m.
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by Fhemmmy: 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
Onwan:

@Fhemmmy
You might want to check this out: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/apr/05/toyota-sales-surge-in-march-2010

It might not have been a world-wide thing like I stated, BUT the price slash happened and helped in boosting their sales. I also have a friend in Ontario that bought a 2010 at a slashed price during the "Pedal" thing

Hello Chief,

Like you said, it might not have been a global things. however, the word slash of up to 30% is what throws me away, even in Ontario, there must have been something else about the car and not just the pedal issue, cos the fixes to the pedal problem was not expensive at all, and most people could take it to the dealers and have them fixed for almost free, some of them, you might have to pay for shipping and handling of the parts if they have none - In some part of Canada.

With all that been said, i know what some of Paki boys in Canada are doing and why some would sell a car at a ridiculous price sometimes.

But you are a genius with rides and i would agree with you that prices went down a little during the time of the pedal issue cos people were afraid and worried and even Toyota thought people would dump them, but the loyalist stayed and their sales has gone up again.
Re: Why Are Toyota Prices Rising by Fhemmmy: 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
tybaba:

If i do have to consider another brand of cars what brand will you suggest at a cap price of 3.2m.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for?
Brand New ride?
Gently used like almost brand New Tokunbo?
Give more info and I am sure the expert in the house like Onwan and the rest will be able to advice you on what to go for at your budget.

(1) (Reply)

Windscreen Repair, Headlight Cleaning And Computerised Engraving / Sharp 2000/01 Bmw @ Give Away @ Banixautos N780k 08035376690 017383301 / Peugot 405 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.