Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (102963 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:26am On Sep 06, 2019
Angola losing to Iran, should be good news to us. But Tunisia should be our worry I suppose.

77 - 64 we lead

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2019
This Nigerian team is good. That first game was our only mistake, I feel for them. They will beat most of the teams that qualified. IF Only!!

Russia leading Poland just goes to show how tough our group was. Any other group, we would qualify.

83 - 66, game over. We win

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:33am On Sep 06, 2019
We will be Massive at the Olympics..

Just to ask... Can Oladipo still play for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Injera(f): 10:33am On Sep 06, 2019
Let's say Tunisia and Nigeria have the same wins how will they be ranked
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2019
Injera:
... That should be points for and points against..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2019
Injera:

Points difference I suppose. And we lead massively from that aspect.. I'm happy we will play the host, all attention will be on us. A nice way to end the tournament on a high note grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 10:38am On Sep 06, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:
We will be Massive at the Olympics..

Just to ask... Can Oladipo still play for Nigeria?
Yes.
Per the FIBA rules, if Oladipo had obtained a Nigerian passport by age 16, he will still be eligible to play for Nigeria.
The ball is now in the NBBF’s court to convince him to switch to the best African team.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 10:39am On Sep 06, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Points difference I suppose. And we lead massively from that aspect.. I'm happy we will play the host, all attention will be on us. A nice way to end the tournament on a high note grin grin grin grin
Not quite. If we beat China, we get to play one of the other group winners in the next classification round
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Injera(f): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2019
PDPGuy:

Not quite. If we beat China, we get to play one of the other group winners in the next classification round
Are you sure
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2019
Injera:

Are you sure

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:58am On Sep 06, 2019
PDPGuy:

We will be the only African team to move to that stage..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2019
Fun fact:

The win over Ivory Coast was the 6th ever D’Tigers victory at the FIBA World Cup. Previously, the team had won two games, each, at the 1998, and 2006 world cups.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:27am On Sep 06, 2019
Thus landing us the Olympic Ticket. Hell yeah! cheesy

KNIGHTBlaed:

We will be the only African team to move to that stage..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
Hoping the Philipinos won't donate points to Tunisia.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2019
somehow:
Hoping the Philipinos won't donate points to Tunisia.
Unfortunately, the Filipinos lost to Tunisia
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by kris(m): 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
We ended the first round with +24 Difference.
Tunisia ended the first round with -30 Difference.
So as long as we beat China, we should still be ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Injera(f): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2019
PDPGuy:

It seem to me that all the first placed team across the 4 groups will be ranked 17-20 based on there points differentials, the second placed teams likewise.
If I am right then we still have to beat China to qualify author automatically.
Or if Angola beats Tunisia and we lost to China
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2019
I saw the other pic tho.... wink

kris:
We ended the first round with +24 Difference.
Tunisia ended the first round with -30 Difference.
So as long as we beat China, we should still be ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
Injera:

It seem to me that all the first placed team across the 4 groups will be ranked 17-20 based on there points differentials, the second placed teams likewise.
If I am right then we still have to beat China to qualify author automatically.
Or if Angola beats Tunisia and we lost to China
Correct.
If we lose to China, and Angola beats Tunisia, all three teams will finish on 7 points. Then, Nigeria’s superior points difference should see us clinch the Olympic ticket.

However, if D’Tigers beat China, and Tunisia beats Angola, Nigeria will also most likely clinch the automatic Olympic ticket due to a superior points difference.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2019
I like us controlling our own destiny. Let's go for the win against those Kung fu merchants so that we can land easily in the land of the Ninjas. We can do this.

PDPGuy:

Correct.
If we lose to China, and Angola beats Tunisia, all three teams will finish on 7 points. Then, Nigeria’s superior points difference should see us clinch the Olympic ticket.

However, if D’Tigers beat China, and Tunisia beats Angola, Nigeria will also most likely clinch the automatic Olympic ticket due to a superior points difference.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
With 19 points, 3 points more than what we beat Ivory coast with.

But we are still maintaining our lead on the table.
PDPGuy:

Unfortunately, the Filipinos lost to Tunisia
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2019
This is the African Rankings Table so far....

Race for the 2020 Olympic slot for Africa. A look at how things stand. All teams carry over 1st round performance.

Nigeria 2W, 2L, 6pts, PD(+41)

Tunisia 2W, 2L, 6pts, PD (-11)

Angola 1W, 3L, 5pts, PD (-83)

Cote d'Ivoire 0W, 4L,4pts, PD (-65)

Senegal 0W, 3L, 3pts, PD (-89)

#FIBAWC

NB: PD is Points difference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by kris(m): 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I saw the other pic tho.... wink

Lol
Thank God there was nothing crazy there. Lol
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by do4luv14(m): 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I like us controlling our own destiny. Let's go for the win against those Kung fu merchants so that we can land easily in the land of the Ninjas. We can do this.

when are we playing the kungfu masters

hope say jet li and jeckie chan no play for dem oooo
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2019
The Nigeria v. China game tips off at 1pm, Nigerian time, on Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Odunayaw(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Race for the 2020 Olympic slot for Africa. A look at how things stand. All teams carry over 1st round performance.

#FIBAWC

shocked the same Senegal no one let's us hear word about
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Ekaka1(m): 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2019
carbonado:
... That should be points for and points against..
Plus fair play too?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
Ekaka1:

Plus fair play too?
.... Fair play ain't used in basketball...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2019
Odunayaw:
shocked the same Senegal no one let's us hear word about
.. Senegal is on the decline, same with Angola, Nigeria on the rise.... #time and season.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 8:58pm On Sep 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

#FIBAWC

.. We really scored out there, despite playing against some good teams,I think we would beat the Chinese team, the experience from this world cup should count for something at the Olympics, when we qualify, just imagining our male and female team making atleast quarter finals in Tokyo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2019
I take back what I said earlier. The China match will be the last game at the word cup for D’Tigers. After the game, they will simply be given a rank based on their overall points/PD
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
If D’Tigers beat China on Sunday, they would become the second team to have ‘realistically’ qualified for the Olympics.
Australia were the first team to qualify for the Olympics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (99) (Reply)

Josip Ilicic Caught His Wife Cheating, May Not Play Against PSG / Lady Caught Giving Her Man Hand Job Inside The Stadium At The 2018 World Cup. / Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.