Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (103183 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 7:29pm On Mar 27
The Women’s Olympic Basketball Tournament tip-off times have been confirmed!

Here are the tip-off times for D’Tigress games:

July 29: Nigeria v Australia at 10am
August 1: France v Nigeria at 4:15pm
August 4: Canada v Nigeria at 12:30pm
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 9:28pm On Mar 27
carbonado:
. Georgia Amoore in the list,Brazil called Cardoso for qualifiers. Let see if Kiki will be called up.

Georgia Amore is on heck of a shooter. I first saw her when her team played Iowa. It was a shooting context between herself and Caitlin Clark.

A great player she is. Let's see if our people have sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 10:46pm On Mar 27
lovewins:

Georgia Amore is on heck of a shooter. I first saw her when her team played Iowa. It was a shooting context between herself and Caitlin Clark.

A great player she is. Let's see if our people have sense.
Yeap, a very good guard..time will tell if we are going to the Olympics for site seeing or competing. We have enough quality players around to compete. They say they dont want the old players, guess what, it is players from the old squad that is basically still carrying this team(Amy,Pallas,Musa,Sarah,Elizebath,Nicole,Promise), Sarah was even one of the people that did video that went viral. Anyway, Vickky and Ezinne will be a great addition to this team. Also Kiki and Micheala.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 10:54pm On Mar 27
Still wondering why Ezinne has not been called up, we don't have a point guard right about now in the national team, or someone in the team has serious backing from the higher up in NBBF,hence using the opportunity to close the door on the likes of Ezinne,if this is true,it is a shame, this type of thing will not happen under coach Hugley.Sorry guys, my mind be running wild, also knowing my people, this is also very possible.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 6:11pm On Mar 28
USA Basketball Training Camp Roster:

Diana Taurasi, Ariel Atkins, Chelsea Gray, Brittney Griner, Jewell Loyd, Kelsey Plum, Breanna Stewart, A’ja Wilson, Jackie Young, Shakira Austin, Sabrina Ionescu, Aliyah Boston, Rhyne Howard, and Caitlin Clark

This isn't the final Olympics list so a few persons not in this list could still make the squad, many of whom attended the last Training camp.

Great to see Caitlin Clark make the most, not surprised Arike isn't here. Would be very surprised if Arike makes the Olympics team.

The NBBF sadly isn't making it a easy decision for these players to switch.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 10:16pm On Mar 28
lovewins:
USA Basketball Training Camp Roster:

Diana Taurasi, Ariel Atkins, Chelsea Gray, Brittney Griner, Jewell Loyd, Kelsey Plum, Breanna Stewart, A’ja Wilson, Jackie Young, Shakira Austin, Sabrina Ionescu, Aliyah Boston, Rhyne Howard, and Caitlin Clark

This isn't the final Olympics list so a few persons not in this list could still make the squad, many of whom attended the last Training camp.

Great to see Caitlin Clark make the most, not surprised Arike isn't here. Would be very surprised if Arike makes the Olympics team.

The NBBF sadly isn't making it a easy decision for these players to switch.
...heavy weight...B.G dominating inside with her 6"9 frame,Ionescu and Catlin lightning it up from outside, Aja bullying through the lane, Chelsea crossing the hell out of people. There is no let off. Mad stuff, Kelsey,Briana...phew...Arike does not seem she will be making the U.S team any time soon and if she does,it will be one and done,there are too many people too compete with. If she wore the green,white,green. We would probably be worshipping her. To an extent,I do not blame her for not wanting to wear the G.W.G. NBBF is a mess, word get around.infact stories that we the outsiders might have probably never heard off,she will have heard as she can easily contact one off the ladies to ask what the federation and the team are like. The world is stacking up,let see what NBBF and Coach Rene will come out with.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 7:25am On Apr 03
Stanford seem to be turning into Nigeria FC. The Stanford women's program will have 4 players of Nigerian decent on their roster next season.

Current players
1. Kiki Iriafen
2. Nunu Agara

New Entrants
3. Shay Ijiwoye
4. Kennedy Ume

Just hope they get capable guards from the transfer Portal to help Kiki next season. They should be challenging for the title this year if their guards were good enough.

Cc: carbonado
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 7:52am On Apr 03
lovewins:
Stanford seem to be turning into Nigeria FC. The Stanford women's program will have 4 players of Nigerian decent on their roster next season.

Current players
1. Kiki Iriafen
2. Nunu Agara

New Entrants
3. Shay Ijiwoye
4. Kennedy Ume

Just hope they get capable guards from the transfer Portal to help Kiki next season. They should be challenging for the title this year if their guards were good enough.

Cc: carbonado
Throw Chinney and Nneka Ogwumike in there too.... Standford guard play was really weak IMO this season. When is NBBF releasing any list of some sort for the olympics, other teams are releasing list, NBBF is on Isha Allah and vibes,it is well.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 8:11am On Apr 03
carbonado:
Throw Chinney and Nneka Ogwumike in there too.... Standford guard play was really weak IMO this season. When is NBBF releasing any list of some sort for the olympics, other teams are releasing list, NBBF is on Isha Allah and vibes,it is well.

Team USA who are miles ahead of us I'm everything just opened camp yesterday. I mean the best team in the world has started training already, yet the NBBF is no where to be seen.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 8:45am On Apr 03
lovewins:

Team USA who are miles ahead of us I'm everything just opened camp yesterday. I mean the best team in the world has started training already, yet the NBBF is no where to be seen.
....it is well....hope they really get quality players.because this is not afrobasket, imagine not knowing what your national team might look like....it is well.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 9:30am On Apr 03
carbonado:
....it is well....hope they really get quality players.because this is not afrobasket, imagine not knowing what your national team might look like....it is well.

I can't wait for Kida's second term to end. He's been terrible. I also can't get too excited cause I know the next person may be worse than Kida because of the way sports administration is structured in Nigeria.

Really do hope we get a breathe of fresh air next year when his term ends.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 10:06am On Apr 03
lovewins:

I can't wait for Kida's second term to end. He's been terrible. I also can't get too excited cause I know the next person may be worse than Kida because of the way sports administration is structured in Nigeria.

Really do hope we get a breathe of fresh air next year when his term ends.
...Same here,Kidas tenure is arguably the worst in the history of Nigerian basketball. It was filled with drama left right and center. From the men and women senior national team to the junior national team. Remember the U-16 saga, the kids qualified for the U16 Afrobasket but the federation did not let attend due to funds, dashing those young kids dreams and possible live changing opportunities. It was even rumoured that the reason the kids did not attend the U16 competition is that the went to press and told press that they were only paid 1k for their zonal qualifiers for Afrobasket propers. Remember how some of the players that played the Olympic qualifyiers (Men)were also stranded In Nigeria after the qualifiers. Look at the mess they have made the Men's senior national team,same with the women... instead of the senior women's team to be upgrading,we are downgrading talent wise...it is well..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 3:50am On Apr 04
carbonado:
...Same here,Kidas tenure is arguably the worst in the history of Nigerian basketball. It was filled with drama left right and center. From the men and women senior national team to the junior national team. Remember the U-16 saga, the kids qualified for the U16 Afrobasket but the federation did not let attend due to funds, dashing those young kids dreams and possible live changing opportunities. It was even rumoured that the reason the kids did not attend the U16 competition is that the went to press and told press that they were only paid 1k for their zonal qualifiers for Afrobasket propers. Remember how some of the players that played the Olympic qualifyiers (Men)were also stranded In Nigeria after the qualifiers. Look at the mess they have made the Men's senior national team,same with the women... instead of the senior women's team to be upgrading,we are downgrading talent wise...it is well..

Musa Kida should not be blamed for what is wrong with Nigerian basketball at the moment. Kida was self funding many of Dtigress and DTigers camps and tournaments in 2017 up till around 2020. He would fund these engagements and seek refunds from the government .Kida grew tired of not getting refunds quickly over the years. Also, Kida has been having a running battle concerning his leadership with a formidable opponent and his minions who are planted in the NBBF and the Sports Ministry. Remember all the court cases etc. All these are distractions for him. He has tried a lot though. We had a good run at the 2018 womens basketball world Cup and our men's team was solid from 2017 to 2019 thereabout. Our ladies have been African champions since 2017- All under Kida's administration. I beg you, be fair with Musa Kida. NBBF needs more funding from the government. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 4:05am On Apr 04
lovewins:

Yes, we don't have a basketball program like the USA and other advanced countries. However, I think we should open camp for Dtigress as soon as possible. The current players we have cannot medal at the Olympics. We need a very tough camping process to come up with a crack team for the Olympics. Players like Adebola Adeyeye, Blessing Ejiofor,Ifunnanya Okoro etc have not been drilled enough by enough friendly games. Coach Rena has to be given all the support she needs to open camp before the end of the month in the USA. The camping for the FIBA Women's 2018 World Cup organized by Coach Otis Hughley threw up many new players for Nigeria as the camp was thrown open. Within a month, Otis Hughley assembled a squad that got to the quarterfinals of women's 2018 basketball world Cup. As long as gifted players attend the camping, we can come up with a team that can compete and medal at the Olympics.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 4:31am On Apr 04
My own suggestions: Coach Rena should make use of tips and advice from Otis Hughley. She should solicit for support off court from Coach Otis. 2. Rena should talk to Dtigress players like Ezinne Kalu and Victoria Macaulay and coax them to return to camp. Elonu should be in retirement mode now .No time for quarrels and hatred now. 3. NBBF should call and invite Hakeem Olajuwon to visit the ladies in camp and teach them one or two things about winning a championship .Otis did this with Guthrie ( former USA ladies basketball great / legend ) at the last Olympics. We have Olajuwon .He is ours .Why not tap into his knowledge of winning NBA titles ? An average team can spring surprises if properly motivated .4. Let the camp be thrown open and all the names being mentioned on this thread be invited. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 7:59am On Apr 04
Redman44:

Yes, we don't have a basketball program like the USA and other advanced countries. However, I think we should open camp for Dtigress as soon as possible. The current players we have cannot medal at the Olympics. We need a very tough camping process to come up with a crack team for the Olympics. Players like Adebola Adeyeye, Blessing Ejiofor,Ifunnanya Okoro etc have not been drilled enough by enough friendly games. Coach Rena has to be given all the support she needs to open camp before the end of the month in the USA. The camping for the FIBA Women's 2018 World Cup organized by Coach Otis Hughley threw up many new players for Nigeria as the camp was thrown open. Within a month, Otis Hughley assembled a squad that got to the quarterfinals of women's 2018 basketball world Cup. As long as gifted players attend the camping, we can come up with a team that can compete and medal at the Olympics.

This is sadly unlikely to happen with the current NBBF board. I won't be surprised if there will be no camping at all. Maybe just maybe the sports ministry can intervene and get this sorted. Left to the NBBF, this isn't happening.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 8:06am On Apr 04
Redman44:
My own suggestions: Coach Rena should make use of tips and advice from Otis Hughley. She should solicit for support off court from Coach Otis. 2. Rena should talk to Dtigress players like Ezinne Kalu and Victoria Macaulay and coax them to return to camp. Elonu should be in retirement mode now .No time for quarrels and hatred now. 3. NBBF should call and invite Hakeem Olajuwon to visit the ladies in camp and teach them one or two things about winning a championship .Otis did this with Guthrie ( former USA ladies basketball great / legend ) at the last Olympics. We have Olajuwon .He is ours .Why not tap into his knowledge of winning NBA titles ? An average team can spring surprises if properly motivated .4. Let the camp be thrown open and all the names being mentioned on this thread be invited. Cheers.

Truth is, you don't need to have all the money in the world to have a successful camp. You just need a lot of goodwill with the players and stakeholders and sadly the NBBF has lost that.

You don't even need Olajuwon, someone like Nneka with her influence can pull a lot of weight for us. At the last Olympics game, we were able to get Dr Courtney Watson as our head trainer and medic due to her influence. Courtney had been with the LA sparks for about 2 decades or so, she's now with an NBA team. Those are things you necessarily do not need money to buy. But this board has lost every goodwill possible. Even getting players to play for you now is almost impossible.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 9:25am On Apr 04
lovewins:

That case is settled. The committee ruled against Nneka and Elizabeth Williams, citing their extensive participation with team USA for at least ten years as reasons. Chiney I believe was cleared but could only play as a naturalized citizen. FIBA allows one naturalized citizen per window. Chiney I believe didn't like and planned to appeal. Chiney could have gone to the last Olympics but I think she decided against it.

The plan was to appeal using FIBA's rule on exception (basketball development) as a basis. Not sure they finally appeal, or if they did how that went.

With the situation of things with the NBBF now, I doubt if either of them is still interested in making the squad... Making the girls miss out of the world cup was probably the beginning of the end of the momentum our basketball had gathered starting from 2015 when we won the men Afrobasket.
It is incredible how low we have fallen..I mean, we beat France and gave the US a hard time some years ago FFS!... no disrespect to this bunch of players that won the Afrobasket for us recently, but they will get their ass beat at the Olympics if we don't inject one or two quality players into the team...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 4:21pm On Apr 04
Redman44:

Musa Kida should not be blamed for what is wrong with Nigerian basketball at the moment. Kida was self funding many of Dtigress and DTigers camps and tournaments in 2017 up till around 2020. He would fund these engagements and seek refunds from the government .Kida grew tired of not getting refunds quickly over the years. Also, Kida has been having a running battle concerning his leadership with a formidable opponent and his minions who are planted in the NBBF and the Sports Ministry. Remember all the court cases etc. All these are distractions for him. He has tried a lot though. We had a good run at the 2018 womens basketball world Cup and our men's team was solid from 2017 to 2019 thereabout. Our ladies have been African champions since 2017- All under Kida's administration. I beg you, be fair with Musa Kida. NBBF needs more funding from the government. Cheers.
...If you are the president and things are going wrong,you will be blamed,plain and simple, because it happened in your tenure. If with how successful the dtigress have been,the NBBF still have issues funding them,then the joke is on the NBBF,why will the federation wait for funding from government all the time. You claim the girls won championship since 2017 under him,the same girls that were not paid for their tears,blood,pain and sweat. A large number of that squad have been black listed for asking for their wages years after it should have been paid. It is not by force to be president of a federation,if you get confused along the way and run out of ideas,resign. It is about service. It is not a do or die affair..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 4:31pm On Apr 04
Redman44:

...You claim the men had a good run from 2017-2019...okay, silver medalist in 2017,and after that.....The beginning of the end of that team started, when coach Americana (coach brown)was brought in. The federation likes free things, coach brown was coaching free,hence he do show up any time he wanted,there were windows he did not show up. How does a federation feel comfortable with such arrangements.The coach thought it was NBA ,wanted to use golden state warriors modus operandi, my man this is international basketball. Another mistake the coach made was cutting Ben Uzor, Ike Diogu, etc from the team, the heart and soul of the team. Lmao,shebi the federation wanted free coach,don't worry you will have..see where the squad is today,and who was president again during this period...🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 4:44pm On Apr 04
Redman44:

...You can camp for a very long time, provided you do not camp talented players,it is almost a waist fo time. Nigeria is to talented for us to present this squad for olympics. I expect to see new talented players or part of the old squad. If we go to the Olympics with this squad,do not expect to win a match as this is not Afrobasket. We need a real guard,our guard plays from Afrobasket to OQT was really weak. We need post players too...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 4:49pm On Apr 04
Redman44:

I almost didn't respond to this. I still cannot make sense of how we hold brief for irresponsible leadership. Prior to Kida coming on board, the league didn't have a funding problem. They had just secured a $12M deal and Zenith Bank was sponsoring the league. During his leadership none of that exists. When they vie for office they do so promising heaven and earth, but start complaining when they get there. If you can't get funding for the teams then resign. It isn't rocket science. There is no brand to leverage on any longer as they've spent the majority of their tenure fighting useless fights to stay on office they claim has no money. How is someone always fighting to stay in an office that has no money?

Truth is, the Nigerian basketball ecosystem is potentially a billion dollar industry. With the right leadership we wouldn't even be asking the FG for funding. So yes we will blame Kida because everything rises and falls on leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 5:00pm On Apr 04
lovewins:

I almost didn't respond to this. I still cannot make sense of how we hold brief for irresponsible leadership. Prior to Kida coming on board, the league didn't have a funding problem. They had just secured a $12M deal and Zenith Bank was sponsoring the league. During his leadership none of that exists. When they vie for office they do so promising heaven and earth, but start complaining when they get there. If you can't get funding for the teams then resign. It isn't rocket science. There is no brand to leverage on any longer as they've spent the majority of their tenure fighting useless fights to stay on office they claim has no money. How is someone always fighting to stay in an office that has no money?

Truth is, the Nigerian basketball ecosystem is potentially a billion dollar industry. With the right leadership we wouldn't even be asking the FG for funding. So yes we will blame Kida because everything rises and falls on leadership.
..I won't be surprised if Redman44 works for the federation...because I am still scratching my head...Shebi,there is no money,Kida should kindly resign..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 5:13pm On Apr 04
carbonado:
..I won't be surprised if Redman44 works for the federation...because I am still scratching my head...Shebi,there is no money,Kida should kindly resign..

I've always been a big advocate that government shouldn't fund sports. It's the only way we would grow. As long as government still does, we will have people like Kida with no expertise run out sports and always complain of lack of funds. BB Naija happens every year and they have successfully built a product organizations what to partner with. They get funding in billions yearly. The NBA didn't grow by getting government money. They should either get creative or resign. We are tired of the usual no money excuse.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 5:33pm On Apr 04
carbonado:

I don't work for the NBBF. Please don't accuse me falsely. What I am saying is that Kida has his good side too just like everyone. DTigers were still a force to be reckoned with in 2019. I did not know Coach Mike Brown was working for free. And I have said it in this thread and on X that Brown should be sacked as he does not have what it takes to lead Dtigers to glory. Yes, things have gone wrong but we should also consider that Kida has formidable opponents in the basketball establishment in Nigeria who are making things hard for him. Some people in the NBBF still see him as a usurper on the throne. Anyways, things will change when a better President is voted in to lead the NBBF.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04
carbonado:
...You can camp for a very long time, provided you do not camp talented players,it is almost a waist fo time. Nigeria is to talented for us to present this squad for olympics. I expect to see new talented players or part of the old squad. If we go to the Olympics with this squad,do not expect to win a match as this is not Afrobasket. We need a real guard,our guard plays from Afrobasket to OQT was really weak. We need post players too...

We had the former Dtigress squad ( Ezinne, Elonu, Ibekwe, Macaulay etc ) at the last Olympics in Tokyo. What did we achieve there? We did not win any game at that Olympics, did we? We went with a better squad to the last Olympics , did we medal? Capital NO. Before last year's Afro basket, some of you condemned the team and reeled out stats to defend your rubbishing of the Ogoke led ladies, didn't you? I was about the only person here who believed in the squad and said the ladies would win. And they won under Coach Rena. I have said the current Dtigress Squad is not good enough and I have called for injection of new players. I am not Kida's brother or family member. Don't take things personal. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 6:23pm On Apr 04
Redman44:

We had the former Dtigress squad ( Ezinne, Elonu, Ibekwe, Macaulay etc ) at the last Olympics in Tokyo. What did we achieve there? We did not win any game at that Olympics, did we? We went with a better squad to the last Olympics , did we medal? Capital NO. Before last year's Afro basket, some of you condemned the team and reeled out stats to defend your rubbishing of the Ogoke led ladies, didn't you? I was about the only person here who believed in the squad and said the ladies would win. And they won under Coach Rena. I have said the current Dtigress Squad is not good enough and I have called for injection of new players. I am not Kida's brother or family member. Don't take things personal. Cheers.
....do you remember our group in Tokyo,if no,it was Usa,Japan, France....what was their position at the Olympics 1st,2nd,3rd respectively. If we were in another group we probably might have made it out,also put into context madness going in our camp(players trying switch few weeks to Olympics). So if we had it that hard with those calibre of players we took to the Olympics, imagine what it will be with this squad.You had faith in a squad that you have not seen play and you believed we should just have faith,despite not knowing most of the players few days to the competition. I am sorry,I do not have such faith..Seeing is believing for me,no blind faith..Until I see you play few games...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 6:49pm On Apr 04
carbonado:
....do you remember our group in Tokyo,if no,it was Usa,Japan, France....what was their position at the Olympics 1st,2nd,3rd respectively. If we were in another group we probably might have made it out,also put into context madness going in our camp(players trying switch few weeks to Olympics). So if we had it that hard with those calibre of players we took to the Olympics, imagine what it will be with this squad.You had faith in a squad that you have not seen play and you believed we should just have faith,despite not knowing most of the players few days to the competition. I am sorry,I do not have such faith..Seeing is believing for me,no blind faith..Until I see you play few games...

I looked at the last Dtigress squad at the Afrobasket 2023 and read up on all the new players. I knew Tomi , okoro, Ejiofor and the others would deliver the trophy alongside Pallas and Co. I knew the African opposition won't stop those ladies. I was proved right. As long as the likes of Adeyeye , Ejiofor etc keep getting international experience , they would get better with time. It is good to infuse new players to beef up a squad. It should be noted that Erica Ogwumike did not gell into that squad at the Olympics in Japan . She should have been left to face her medical studies. You guys have dropped a lot of names here and I am studying those players. When I conclude my reading up on them, I will say what I think about their inclusion into Dtigress squad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 6:49pm On Apr 04
lovewins:

I've always been a big advocate that government shouldn't fund sports. It's the only way we would grow. As long as government still does, we will have people like Kida with no expertise run out sports and always complain of lack of funds. BB Naija happens every year and they have successfully built a product organizations what to partner with. They get funding in billions yearly. The NBA didn't grow by getting government money. They should either get creative or resign. We are tired of the usual no money excuse.
I also share that school of thought,no funding from the government for sports,that way the people that really want to work will be able to work,not some politician that knows nothing about sports or played it to any significant level heading the ministry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos / Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.