Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

See shocking videos and photos of roads in Ijebu Ode - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See shocking videos and photos of roads in Ijebu Ode (732 Views)

Terrible States Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State (photos) / See Shocking Result Of Too Much Zee World And Telemundo Love / Earthquake In New Haven Enugu? (see Shocking Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See shocking videos and photos of roads in Ijebu Ode by jwhitemead12000: 2:54am On Jul 22, 2018
His Excellency,
The Governor,
Ogun State.

Dear Governor Ibikunle Amosun,

An open letter to request for action on the deplorable state of Molipa, Ikangba, Erinlu, Obalende and Abeokuta Roads in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State

If you are a native of Ijebu-Ode, or a longtime resident like I am, then you will understand the deep sense of agony that I feel when I have to ride on these cardinal roads in Ijebu-Ode. These roads are highly important to residents of Ikangba town, Ikangba Estate, Erinlu, Molipa as well as other nearby settlements. Moreover, it is also an access road to the residence of highly important and respected indigenes such as Otunba Subomi Balogun, the Chairman and founder of First City Monument Bank. I believe it is time to bring your attention, the deplorable state of these roads because there are no alternative routes.

In the early 80’s and up until about 10 years ago, the Molipa, Ikangba, Erinlu, Obalende and Abeokuta Roads used to be one of the best in the town. For instance, would travel the length of the approximately 3-mile road from Molipa to Ikangba Estate within 5 minutes without any problems. Similarly, the Ikangba to Abeokuta Road through Obalende Garage was smooth and convenient for road users. However, these key roads in the town have deteriorated so much that it takes nearly 30 minutes to cover a distance that previously took 5 minutes because the roads are ridden with potholes, gullies, sharp edges, and washed up objects which are highly dangerous to road users.

The Molipa Road for example was originally slated as a double carriage road that accommodates only 2 cars travelling in the same direction on each side. However, drivers and motorcycles now use the one side of the road that appears to be a little better than the other. Note, “better” is only a relative term given our predicament. It is common to see cars facing each other in both directions of the carriage and motorbikes travelling from different angles to avoid potholes that are often filled with rainwater. We also cannot forget pedestrians and other road users who are also impacted by its current state. As a regular vehicular user of the road, the wear and tear on my car attributable to potholes drastically lowers my motivation to ply the roads. Apart from the immediate impact to myself, I am constantly thinking about road users aiming to reach the General Hospital during an emergency. Unfortunately, being able to reach the General Hospital in record time is not an option in the case of an emergency given the current state of these roads.

Molipa, Ikangba, Erinlu, Obalende and Abeokuta Roads are cardinal in Ijebu-Ode and to my understanding, the Ibadan Garage to Ikangba Road was in the governor’s action plan for areas of the state to develop. There has also been some work, albeit abandoned, to improve the Lagos Garage to Obalende Road. We also appreciate the work you have done on Folagbade Road. However, more effort needs to be put into road repairs urgently.

Addressing the repair of these roads will enable residents and visitors to Ijebu-Ode to go about their daily activities of eking out a living. More so, by improving connectivity, your government will be able to:
• Improve productivity levels of the labor force in a major town in Ogun State;
• Increase economic output which will also translate to higher internally generated revenue for the state and;
• Support the overall health and well-being of residents of the town which will in turn reduce pressures on our healthcare institutions.

Governor Amosun, I implore you to please take a look at the attached videos. Even still, please pay a visit to Ijebu-Ode to see first-hand, the poor state of these roads. The development of roadways was a major part of your campaign manifesto and our roads, are in need of urgent repairs.

On behalf of the residents, I implore that you please do something to ease and improve our current situation. Our strong belief is that you are a governor who listens and wishes the best for your people. Therefore, we eagerly anticipate your urgent action.

Long Live Ijebu Ode! Long Live Ogun State!

Yours Sincerely,

A concerned resident

https://youtu.be/98DpIG_7c0M
https://youtu.be/RiUpN9D_w28
https://youtu.be/5Ydyw_uo43Y
https://youtu.be/bKtdXVry-TA

Re: See shocking videos and photos of roads in Ijebu Ode by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:55am On Jul 22, 2018
Mr Governor kindly do something about the plight of your people.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used 250watt Solar Panels For Sale (=N=18K) / Yabscore..the Football App Better Than Livescore / How To Secure Admission With UNN 2019 Shopping Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.