Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,995 members, 7,863,574 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

Sunday Sermon. Harken To The Voice Of The Lord By CHUGO IZUCHUKWU CHUKWUMBAA. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Sermon. Harken To The Voice Of The Lord By CHUGO IZUCHUKWU CHUKWUMBAA. (377 Views)

'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Share Your Sunday Sermon Topic And Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Sermon. Harken To The Voice Of The Lord By CHUGO IZUCHUKWU CHUKWUMBAA. by CHUGOIC(m): 5:51am On Jul 22, 2018
SUNDAY SERMON. Topic - HARKEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD. Presenter - CHUGO IZUCHUKWU CHUKWUMBAA. Text - Isaiah 1:16-20. God says to us in a time like this, come, let us reason together. Despite the fact that God is the God of gods, Lord of lords, King of kings, yet He says to us - mere humans, come, let us reason together. That is to show you that our God is a merciful God, who shows his mercy from one generation to another, from time to time, from ages to ages. I want to ask you a question in a time like this - who are we to reason with the Lord? God says, come now, let us reason together, not tomorrow, because tomorrow may be too late but now. There are so many people who refused to harken to the voice of God that ended up regretting their actions and they are now in agony. This is a wonderful opportunity to accept Jesus Christ as the Lord over your life. Do well to utilize this opportunity.

The Bible also says - "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool". No matter the evil you have committed in the past, if only you will come to him with all your heart and ask for the forgiveness of sins, I tell you the truth, the Lord will forgive you. When I'm talking about coming to the Lord, it is not that which is done in pretence but that which is done in sincerity. Read Joel 2:12-13. The Bible says in Revelation 3:20 - "Here I am, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me". The door the Bible is talking about is the door of your heart, once you open the door of your heart, the King of kings will come in. You can read Acts 7:48 and Acts 17:24. Jesus wants to dwell in you, He wants to possess you. It's like when we are talking about "Church", it is not the physical structure, but we are the "Church". Read 1 Corinthians 3:16 and 1 Corinthians 6:19.

My dear friends in Christ, if only you come to the Lord with all your heart, He will not cast you away. The Bible says in John 6:37 - "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me, I will never drive away". There are many people in the Holy Scripture who came to Jesus Christ, He did not cast them away. For instance, the prodigal son came to our Lord Jesus Christ, He did not cast him away - Luke 15:11-32. Mary Magdalene came to our Lord Jesus Christ, He did not cast her away - John 8:1-11. Zecchaeus came to our Lord Jesus Christ, He did not cast him away - Luke 19:1-10. In the same way, if you come to our Lord Jesus Christ, He will not cast you away. Don't forget, the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore, if anyone is Christ Jesus, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come".

I pray for you - As you come to the Lord in a time like this, He will not cast you away. May this week be to you a week of joy and may the Lord make you to prosper to the extent that the blessed will call you blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. Have a wonderful day.
Re: Sunday Sermon. Harken To The Voice Of The Lord By CHUGO IZUCHUKWU CHUKWUMBAA. by johnjerome(m): 5:52am On Jul 22, 2018
l

(1) (Reply)

Blood moon: see what may happen / Olu Fasan Wrote On Nigerians Religiosity And Their Immorality. / Ten Advantages Of Constantly Following The Dictates Of Your Mind (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.