Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical (388 Views)

Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by einsteinclub: 6:57am On Jul 22, 2018
my people am just curious please why do churches hold 3 and even up to 4 services on Sunday is it biblical ?yet they preach one sermon same sermon repeat it all through same words? I need views please
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by hisgrace090: 7:00am On Jul 22, 2018
It is normal at least when the auditorium cannot accommodate all at once.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by einsteinclub: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2018
hisgrace090:
It is normal at least when the auditorium cannot accommodate all at once.

but sir the ones I have observed isn't like that o not auditorium or large members issue every services there are lot of empty chairs yet they continue to hold 3 nd even 4 services
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2018
You've opened the gate wide for "them" to come in.

Sit tight and enjoy the comments. cool

The above commenter have told you the major reason.

And as for sermons being repeated word for word in all the services, that's not so true.
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by Abjay97(m): 7:07am On Jul 22, 2018
Its not biblical.. its just that sometimes the crowd us too much and cannot be accomodated at once, so to solve that different services are fixed.. Or a large auditorium is built.
Happy Sunday
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by einsteinclub: 7:08am On Jul 22, 2018
Orla234:
You've opened the gate wide for "them" to come in.

Sit tight and enjoy the comments. cool

The above commenter have told you the major reason.

And as for sermons being repeated word for word in all the services, that's not so true.

very true sir then they add little to it in. every service. down to the 4th service I hv observed this and am just curious if its biblical .
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by einsteinclub: 7:10am On Jul 22, 2018
Abjay97:
Its not biblical.. its just that sometimes the crowd us too much and cannot be accomodated at once, so to solve that different services are fixed.. Or a large auditorium is built.
Happy Sunday

my observation is just different from wat u just said this churches around me dont even have over flow yet 4services with lot of empty chairs
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 22, 2018
Catholic church has been holding several masses (services) for ages, nobody complained until pentecostals started their own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by Homeboiy: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2018
I don't like going to church because all they do is a repeat broadcast of the things they have been saying since I was a kid

No changes
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by Destroe: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2018
einsteinclub:

but sir the ones I have observed isn't like that o not auditorium or large members issue every services there are lot of empty chairs yet they continue to hold 3 nd even 4 services

There's nothing wrong with that either. It's to accommodate everybody. There are those who feel more comfortable going to church very early and returning early, there are others who prefer to go later. So you can choose to attend the service that most suits your preferences or schedule
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by kiddoiLL(m): 7:52am On Jul 22, 2018
D only thing way dey always tire me na when men of God go dey tell you say you can't stand in a spot and talk to God or dat when you're praying with your voice low, d devil will see u as weak..
Notice if you go Church, especially Pentecostals, (I ain't Catholic or Baptist) and they start telling you to pray against death or curses, you must shout, you must show bit of reaction, if you don't they'll say you don't know what you're doing that you're weak.. Shey una dey mad ni??
Can't I talk to my father silently and humbly ni? your earthly father, can you scream at him when asking for help??...Nna make una fix dat mentality oo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by shadeze: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2018
einsteinclub:

my observation is just different from wat u just said this churches around me dont even have over flow yet 4services with lot of empty chairs
Some people prefer to go to church early and come back early, others prefer to go later. So that arrangement accommodates everybody, you can attend the service that most suits your preference and schedule
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by einsteinclub: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2018
DontBeStupid:
Catholic church has been holding several masses (services) for ages, nobody complained until pentecostals started their own

Catholics actually do not repeat sermons
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by einsteinclub: 9:09am On Jul 22, 2018
Homeboiy:
I don't like going to church because all they do is a repeat broadcast of the things they have been saying since I was a kid

No changes

hmmmm but not true
Re: Why Do Churches Hold 3 Services On Sundays Is It Biblical by einsteinclub: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2018
kiddoiLL:
D only thing way dey always tire me na when men of God go dey tell you say you can't stand in a spot and talk to God or dat when you're praying with your voice low, d devil will see u as weak..
Notice if you go Church, especially Pentecostals, (I ain't Catholic or Baptist) and they start telling you to pray against death or curses, you must shout, you must show bit of reaction, if you don't they'll say you don't know what you're doing that you're weak.. Shey una dey mad ni??
Can't I talk to my father silently and humbly ni? your earthly father, can you scream at him when asking for help??...Nna make una fix dat mentality oo

not all Pentecostal churches sir. .

(1) (Reply)

Doing All The Works That Jesus Did / Rccg Sunday School 19 August, 2018 / Top 5 Nigerian Gospel Music Download Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.