Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? (810 Views)

Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? / At Last I Have Been Granted A Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by AuthorX: 10:44am On Jun 15, 2010
Hi Nairalanders,

I've heard that if you have a match ticket, its visa free to go to SA. I've read in several places that visas would be issued to match ticket holders at the point of entry. I have a match ticket and a month ago, I asked at South Africa airways office in Lagos and they said I'll need a visa.
Who knows the truth about all this?

PS: I have been to SA twice before now, would that help?

Thanks.
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by justwise(m): 11:51am On Jun 15, 2010
AuthorX:

Hi Nairalanders,

I've heard that if you have a match ticket, its visa free to go to SA. I've read in several places that visas would be issued to match ticket holders at the point of entry. I have a match ticket and a month ago, I asked at South Africa airways office in Lagos and they said I'll need a visa.
Who knows the truth about all this?
PS: I have been to SA twice before now, would that help?
Thanks.

You have been to SA twice b4 and you don't know how to get a visa now? Are you serious?
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by AuthorX: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2010
@Justwise: There is an "event visa" for the world cup, and for most countries,all you need is a match ticket. Visas are issued at the point of entry, and its free. The rules seem to be different for Nigeria. That's what I need clarification about.
Thanks.
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by DisGuy: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/5557062-147/south_africa_offers_free_visas_for.csp

Nigerians need a visa at no cost which has to be obtained at the embassy in nigeria before travelling usually process within 5 days (no automatic right)

Some countries only need a ticket
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2010
AuthorX:

@Justwise: There is an "event visa" for the world cup, and for most countries,all you need is a match ticket. Visas are issued at the point of entry, and its free. The rules seem to be different for Nigeria. That's what I need clarification about.
Thanks.

. . . .but what stops you from applying the same way you applied the first time and second time you travelled there since its clear that Nigeria is not included in 'event visa' thing?
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by AuthorX: 9:00am On Jun 18, 2010
@justwise: I am trying to avoid the usual processes., which would require a bank statement etc etc. Currently, my bank statement and stuff isn't as good as the last time when I was given a multiple entry visa (I traveled twice on a 3 month multiple entry visa). That's why I'm avoiding applying the same way wink
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by AuthorX: 9:05am On Jun 18, 2010
@Dis Guy: Thanks!
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by sfdaram(f): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2010
@ poster

the issue of having match ticket & get SA visa @ the point of entry is not applicable to nigerian citizen,u still need to apply 2 SA embassy 4 visa.
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by suxes2005(m): 6:44am On Jun 19, 2010
@Poster, i know little about the st8mnt
but u need not pay for visa if u want to
apply but i beg you not to go this time around

SHALOM
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by AuthorX: 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
@suxes2005

Thanks for your reply.
But why do you advice me not to go at this time?

Thanks.
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2010
If you have the money for flight ticket,,why not? The world cup might not come to Africa again in our life time. Check www.touristvisas.info
Re: I Have A Match Ticket, How Can I Get A Visa? by justwise(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2010
oluwa12002:

If you have the money for flight ticket,,why not? The world cup might not come to Africa again in our life time. Check www.touristvisas.info

You are a fool, this is not the way to generate visitors to ur useless website

(1) (Reply)

Get Visas To The United States Of America / Nitestay.com Official Launch! / DANA Air Chief Engineer Aboard Flight Says Ogboro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.