Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,283 members, 7,839,391 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

How My Battle With Spinal Chord Ailment Started – Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Battle With Spinal Chord Ailment Started – Metuh (441 Views)

Video Of Olisah Metuh's Collapse In Court Emerges (watch) / Judge Rejects Defence Lawyer’s Request To Withdraw After Metuh’s Fall / Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Battle With Spinal Chord Ailment Started – Metuh by Ebullience(m): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
…counsels politicians, others to prioritise personal health

By Dirisu Yakubu

National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh has advised politicians at all levels to pay adequate attention to their personal health, regardless of their busy schedule.

The PDP chieftain who is battling a spinal chord ailment stated this while receiving members of Anambra Progressive Union (APU), an umbrella organization of Anambra professionals, who visited him at his Abuja residence on Sunday. Narrating his ordeal, Metuh noted that if he had made out time to undergo a prescribed minor corrective surgery when his spinal chord ailment was first diagnosed at the National Hospital in 2008, he wouldn’t be in the situation he is today.

“No matter how busy you may be in politics or business, you must find time to take adequate care of your health. This is very important. In 2008, I was diagnosed with a minor spinal chord issue for which doctors at the National Hospital recommended that I undergo a laminectomy which is more of a minor corrective surgery. “At that time, I had just been sworn in as National Vice Chairman (South East) of the PDP. I underrated the situation. In fact, I felt that it had to do with the stress of the campaign, so I did not go for the surgery. I was very much engulfed with political activities.

“Later, I started having much pain in my spine and some doctors I met in Dubai recommended a palliative hot water therapy in the absence of a surgery, which I did. I never went back for the operation but continued with the therapy while busy with political activities. “In 2016 when I was arrested and detained, the situation aggravated but worsened after I had a very bad fall in the office, for which I was rushed to the National Hospital where I lost sensation on my lower limbs.

They conducted an MRI scan and found out that my condition has (sic) really deteriorated. “Several times I had fallen into trauma. On one of those occasions, I had to be brought from hospital to court on a stretcher, almost unconscious. As at then, I couldn’t move my lower limbs.

“Later, I was discharged but still attended hospital clinics in a wheelchair. However, the constant physiotherapy with the infrared radiation I just acquired have ameliorated the pains and I now move around better with my crutches and other mobility aids,” he narrated. Earlier, leader of the group, Chief Amaechi Onowu, expressed serious concerns over Metuh’s health, saying they were very unhappy with his condition.

“We are very unhappy over what we have seen here today. Our brother is seriously ill and we are very sad and disturbed over his condition,” Onowu stated. The group offered fervent prayers for his quick recovery while urging the authorities to grant him the opportunity to access the prescribed medical attention to prevent his condition from getting worse.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/how-my-battle-with-spinal-chord-ailment-started-metuh/

Re: How My Battle With Spinal Chord Ailment Started – Metuh by DoyenExchange: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
A very serious ailment! embarassed
Re: How My Battle With Spinal Chord Ailment Started – Metuh by REDshouse(m): 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
Na lie....

If PDP win the next election your spinal cord go heal ...

We ain't fool
Re: How My Battle With Spinal Chord Ailment Started – Metuh by Nogodye(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
Upon recieving money from Dasuki, still you can't take care of yourself...Na curse
Re: How My Battle With Spinal Chord Ailment Started – Metuh by almajiri101: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
And you suddenly received healing during PDP convention? This thief was captured shouting and fighting at the convention.

There is no going back on your case, jail remain your home.
Re: How My Battle With Spinal Chord Ailment Started – Metuh by almajiri101: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
REDshouse:
Na lie....

If PDP win the next election your spinal cord go heal ...

We ain't fool

Imagine.. These are set of people wailers are wailing and dying for.

This metuh guy is an unrepentant and stubborn thief who will rather go to jail than vomiting any yam.

(1) (Reply)

Otunba Badejo Adewale Abayomi: Man And Sinner! By Tọ́lá Alábẹfẹ́lẹ́ / APC Aspirant Attacks In-laws In Bloody Attack [pictures] / PDP Vs Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.