Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months (6292 Views)

Remittances, Trade With Nigeria Seen Dropping As UK Economy Slows / Naira Drops To Lowest Ebb Against Dollar For The First Time In History / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops For Seventh Consecutive Month, Says Nbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by Nwaforj44: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2018
Nigeria’s consumer prices rose at the slowest pace in 2 1/2 years in June as food costs climbed the least since March 2016.

The annual consumer inflation rate was 11.2 percent from a year earlier, compared with 11.6 percent in May, the Abuja-based National Bureau of Statistics said in an emailed report Monday. The median estimate in a Bloomberg survey was for 10.9 percent. Prices rose 1.2 percent in the month.

The inflation rate fell even as the Nigerian government started releasing funding for its record 2018 budget of 9.12 trillion naira ($25 billion), which some analysts had anticipated would cause prices to rise.

Price pressures are still expected to kick in on growing election-related spending ahead of February’s federal and state vote, with President Muhammadu Buhari seeking a second mandate.

The central bank’s monetary policy committee will tomorrow announce its decision on its main interest rate, which it has held at 14 percent since July 2016 to curb inflation.

The bank targets an inflation rate of 6 percent to 9 percent and has signaled rate cuts when price growth moves closer to this band.

Food prices increased 12.98 percent in June from a year earlier, a seventh straight month of deceleration, the agency said.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/nigerias-inflation-slows-to-lowest-rate.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by Chizuru01(m): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2018
You people are speaking too much Grammar that Hausa/Fulani Illiterates does not understand.

Simply tell Nigerians that Prices of Food stuffs started rising immediately the brainless president came in and wasted 6 months reading budget before signing.

simply tell them that Prices of things may go up again as election draws near as politicians now push more money into the hands of the people making more money in circulation chasing few goods. simplify it let them know what is coming whenever they shout Sai Barber

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by GavelSlam: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2018
Sai Baba.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by omowolewa: 10:51am On Jul 23, 2018
Things are getting costlier by the day and you here telling me drop in inflation.

Okay o

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by AerialMapper: 6:30am On Jul 24, 2018
NBS will come and refute the report. These days, our statistics emanate from the presidency with no data backing it.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by Blackfire(m): 6:30am On Jul 24, 2018
Good reports on papers...

Hunger in reality.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by DWJOBScom(m): 6:32am On Jul 24, 2018
Well this govt won’t admit it has failed!
They keep making excuses

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by mikaj(m): 6:32am On Jul 24, 2018
Bloody spaghetti is being sold for 200 naira angry. What insult!!!!!!

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:34am On Jul 24, 2018
undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by Omooba224: 6:35am On Jul 24, 2018
grin
If it likes, let it drop to 6%. So far the common man doesn't feel the impact all are wash. If we can't buy rice @#8,000, PMS @#90 (since they told us they have removed the subsidy but our NNPC(due for concession) is incurring debt every blessed day, let them revert it), and so forth. I couldn't help but laugh at our incompetent government shouting up and down like a crying toddler about expected achievements. Though, there are cases of turmoil in other countries either developed or less developed, but they put policies that improve human development in place. In Nigeria, unemployment is order of the day, some will be ululating about how government programs like N-POWER is good forgetting that it will only serve in the short run but become burden on the govt in form of recurrent expenditure in the long run.. A sane govt will make sure there is adequate infrastructures like good roads, heath facilities, sound education (unlike the one we currently have where some graduates can't write application letter properly). If these infrastructures are on ground, there will definitely be foreign investment in the country.
If these things are not addressed we will keep on wallowing in abject poverty..

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by rahl12(m): 6:35am On Jul 24, 2018
Please nairalanders,
I need a job. I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering.
Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state.
Please help a brother.
I have experienced in operations and maintenance various of machines, with a required knowledge of AutoCAD design.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: abraham20john20@gmail.com
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by adioolayi(m): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2018
Something is working somewhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by Chylo(m): 6:39am On Jul 24, 2018
GavelSlam:
Sai Baba.

Sai Buhari grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by neweraomo: 6:39am On Jul 24, 2018
Finally Buhari is broke ..check this out

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by otus4me(m): 6:45am On Jul 24, 2018
its because nobody is going to buy. people are broke and not even ready to buy plenty things the way it used to be back then. and still unemployment rate is high. taxes everywhere

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by pointstores(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2018
Serious hunger in the land
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by dechriscool(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2018
I
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by israelmao(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2018
Let these figures not translate into physical impact on the citizenry.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by pinkguy(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2018
Price has reduced because we have started harvesting our crops.....grand nut,maize,coco yam ok buhari is. Brainless old lower animal that refuse to die
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by vedaxcool(m): 6:53am On Jul 24, 2018
We IPoB juwus reject this fall in inflation rates

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by chukzyfcbb: 6:58am On Jul 24, 2018
I have never believed the inflation rates, never have never will.

We all know that mostly everything we use got 50% increase at least. yet economist will say its 12%, who is deceiving who.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by GavelSlam: 6:58am On Jul 24, 2018
mikaj:

You mean spaghetti is sold for 60 cents?

Shock, horror.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by Maziebuka01(m): 7:00am On Jul 24, 2018
israelmao:
Let these figures translate into physical impact on the citizenry.

Are u dat dull?
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:06am On Jul 24, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
undecided undecided
Total knockout social media analyst cheesy grin wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 24, 2018
bull crap from the pit of hell!.... let's even assume it's possibility, the purchasing power is at all time low!

this satanic CHAINge is taking the shithole NOWHERE!
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by fr3do(m): 7:09am On Jul 24, 2018
In calculus, a rising and falling variable changes the least when it is at its maximum point.
So inflation rate rising slowly is because inflation rate is maximum.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by donbachi(m): 7:14am On Jul 24, 2018
Just as high blood presure rises to highest rate since buhari enter office.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by justtoodark: 7:14am On Jul 24, 2018
mikaj:

its still cheaper compared to western nations....

and if you consider you dont even produce it yourselfs.......

and if you say spaghetti,do you mean indomie or pack of spaghetti....?
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:16am On Jul 24, 2018
and recently we recorded more suicide in South West... I pray Allah dash them small brain to vote wisely this time around
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by justtoodark: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2018
GavelSlam:

You mean spaghetti is sold for 60 cents?

Shock, horror.

you cant get spaghetti for 60cents in europe...you need atleast a dollar....

and you even import it sef....sooo,you pay nearly as much as in western nations....
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 24, 2018
A good thing
Still not better than Jonathan's tenure.
The average man in the street is yet to feel the it.

Buy cheap data...
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Slows To Lowest Rate In 30 Months by justtoodark: 7:25am On Jul 24, 2018
you nigerians still dont understand how good you still have it...haiti is suffering hyperinflation right now....

i was watching news yesterday,and you pay 5dollars per gallon....and the people only earn 2dollars a day or a year...?

i dont remember...per day i think...

many sleep in their workplace now,because they cant afford transport....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Activate ATM Card For Online Transactions / Pure Water Packing Bag Direct From Factory / Am Having Problem With Payoneer Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.