Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:32 AM

My First High Heels Experience - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My First High Heels Experience (1155 Views)

100-year-old Woman Rocks High Heels As She Celebrates Her 100th Birthday. / LADIES: Avoid Wearing High Heels Often (photos) / Lady Orders For High Heels Online, But See What She Got Instead (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First High Heels Experience by Vivianoasis(f): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2018
Growing up, I was more of a tomboy in nature. I preferred to dress smartly than pull the barbie look. Jeans and Tees were my favourite fashion items of course without forgetting my sneakers, slippers or flat sandals to match.

That was pretty much my fashion when I started my degree program in the university. I loved my look so much back then because it was quite easy to pull and very comfortable too. All was going well that way untilI met a lady who turned out to be my friend for life. She kept taunting me jovially about wearing high heels. Fatima can wear heels for Africa!!! I always told her that I was tall enough to walk around town in my flats.

One fateful day the magic happened and boom!! Fatima did it!

She bought me a high heel pair of shoes. I laughed so hard but in my mind I was freaking out at the taught of walking in heels. She said I can’t make her waste her money so I must wear it for lectures the following day.

My dear readers, you guys needed to have seen me rehearsing my catwalk in heels throughout the evening. I felt comfortable after a while and I consoled myself that it was going to be that way the following day at school. Issa lie ooohhh!!!!

Morning came, we got ready for lectures, I wore my heels and off we went. Took a ride so I was able to cope. Coursemates complimented different look and I felt good. Fast forward to heading home, we needed to take a walk through the school’s back gate which was our normal route. After a few minutes of walking my legs began to feel wobbly. I started to dance walk, I felt so tired and uncomfortable. Fatima came to act as my support and we started going slowly so that I won’t trip. Everyone started staring at us and I was so ashamed. As soon as we got to the back gate, I sighted a lady selling flip-flops. I just nodded my friend to that direction, I quickly found my size and took off the heels. “I cannot come and kill myself by myself biko”

I put the heels in a bag and walked well till we got home. My friend and I had a good laugh about the drama and I took a break from trying to wear heels.

That was many years ago though because now, I am a pro at it. I try to settle for the ones that a very comfortable to wear for long hours and I always have my slippers handy just in case.

Share your experience with us here.

Wishing everyone a fruitful week ahead!!

Click for more stories
www.nakedwithvivian.com
Re: My First High Heels Experience by neonly: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
Vivianoasis:
Growing up, I was more of a tomboy in nature. I preferred to dress smartly than pull the barbie look. Jeans and Tees were my favourite fashion items of course without forgetting my sneakers, slippers or flat sandals to match.

That was pretty much my fashion when I started my degree program in the university. I loved my look so much back then because it was quite easy to pull and very comfortable too. All was going well that way untilI met a lady who turned out to be my friend for life. She kept taunting me jovially about wearing high heels. Fatima can wear heels for Africa!!! I always told her that I was tall enough to walk around town in my flats.

One fateful day the magic happened and boom!! Fatima did it!

She bought me a high heel pair of shoes. I laughed so hard but in my mind I was freaking out at the taught of walking in heels. She said I can’t make her waste her money so I must wear it for lectures the following day.

My dear readers, you guys needed to have seen me rehearsing my catwalk in heels throughout the evening. I felt comfortable after a while and I consoled myself that it was going to be that way the following day at school. Issa lie ooohhh!!!!

Morning came, we got ready for lectures, I wore my heels and off we went. Took a ride so I was able to cope. Coursemates complimented different look and I felt good. Fast forward to heading home, we needed to take a walk through the school’s back gate which was our normal route. After a few minutes of walking my legs began to feel wobbly. I started to dance walk, I felt so tired and uncomfortable. Fatima came to act as my support and we started going slowly so that I won’t trip. Everyone started staring at us and I was so ashamed. As soon as we got to the back gate, I sighted a lady selling flip-flops. I just nodded my friend to that direction, I quickly found my size and took off the heels. “I cannot come and kill myself by myself biko”

I put the heels in a bag and walked well till we got home. My friend and I had a good laugh about the drama and I took a break from trying to wear heels.

That was many years ago though because now, I am a pro at it. I try to settle for the ones that a very comfortable to wear for long hours and I always have my slippers handy just in case.

Share your experience with us here.

Wishing everyone a fruitful week ahead!!

Click for more stories
www.nakedwithvivian.com

For beening real

1 Like

Re: My First High Heels Experience by Vivianoasis(f): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2018
neonly:

For beening real

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My First High Heels Experience by folake4u(f): 12:33am On Jul 28, 2018
embarassed Till now, I suck at wearing heels.
Re: My First High Heels Experience by Vivianoasis(f): 9:14am On Jul 28, 2018
folake4u:
embarassed Till now, I suck at wearing heels.

My dear just start with the heels a Lil above the ground and when you are very comfy with that one, you take it a notch higher. That was how I got used to it eventually.
Re: My First High Heels Experience by folake4u(f): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
Vivianoasis:

My dear just start with the heels a Lil above the ground and when you are very comfy with that one, you take it a notch higher. That was how I got used to it eventually.

Thanks I will try
smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Set For The Friday Bash And Pop Night????? / Classic Wears For Men... / Check Out 55 Stylish Peplum Ankara Skirt And Blouse Styles For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.