Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo (664 Views)

List Of Africa's Most Visited Countries In 2023 / The Stairs Used To Climb Out Of Arik Airplane (Photo) / 5 Interesting Things About South Africa Most People Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo by TundeBricklayer: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
Last month I spent two days in Addis Ababa at the invitation of the new Prime Minister, His Excellency Dr. Abiy Ahmed. As I have said many times before, Ethiopia is a quiet champion of Africa’s economic transformation. It has managed to grow at the rate of over 10% over 10 years (and 7% over two decades!)

With a population of 102 million which is increasing at the rate of 2.2mn per year, it is the second largest country in Africa by population size.

Under Ethiopia's new leadership, change is happening at a breathtaking pace! The excitement was palpable. The young entrepreneurs I met are very hopeful.

I had the opportunity to participate in a proud @AfricaMoment! Ethiopian Airlines had just added the 100th airplane to its fleet, the largest in Africa!

This is an amazingly successful business in one of the toughest industries in the world. One of Africa’s oldest airlines at 72 years old, Ethiopian Airlines has survived times of extraordinary upheaval in the country’s and even Africa’s history.

This airline has seen everything: war, famine, bad governments, fuel price shocks and so on... But still it has thrived!

It has survived despite the worst of conditions...

# Remember: A good soldier learns to fight in the conditions and not the conditions.

I met Ethiopian Airlines' Chairman Abadulla Gemeda, Vice Chairman Dr. Arkebe Oqubay, and award-winning CEO Tewolde GebreMariam who began work there more than 30 years ago in the cargo traffic handling department, rising up the ladder and gaining experience in all parts of the business. I discussed with them why it has been successful.

Guess what... the three “Ps”!

# Product: For them, moving people in the air is not just their product. It is the unique mission in which they are constantly innovating. Even whilst I was there, they were starting a new direct route to Chicago the next day, and also a new destination, Geneva, that same week! This week they became the first African airlines to fly direct to Indonesia and there was more...

# People: Amazingly dedicated and highly skilled professional staff at all levels. The CEO and his team are humble and entrepreneurial. These guys could work anywhere in the world. They have a reputation for being corruption-free. This is probably why they have succeeded where many other state-owned enterprises failed.

# Process: They understand every aspect of modern business practice. This is a very serious business, let me tell you.

Being a good entrepreneur does not mean you have to own a business. Some of the most successful businesses in the world are run by entrepreneurs who don’t own the business!

Confused? It’s a #MindsetThing!

Well done, Ethiopian!

Sponsored by Strive Masiyiwa
Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo by Horus(m): 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i10KIe1uymg

Ethiopian Airlines …Flying 100 aircraft in the skies
Re: Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo by FarahAideed: 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
Hmm cry
Re: Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
when I started reading the write up from the beginning. it was a familiar way that's only unique to strive masiyawa

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo by Akeem1759(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2018
Seeing thing like makes me happy.. I don't even want to say anything undecided

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo by ednited(f): 5:05am On Jul 24, 2018
Yes, am very proud of our Airline. . .I just hope our other companies take a lesson from this.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Successful Airline Adds Airplane #100! Photo by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 24, 2018
ednited:
Yes, am very proud of our Airline. . .I just hope our other companies take a lesson from this.

Congrats , this is what Africa needs .

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Safest South Southern Capitals In Nigeria. / Help!!! Have I Been Scammed??? / Live Traffic Updates 12.30 AM At Lagos Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.