Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Tips On How Fresh Graduate Can Get A Job In 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tips On How Fresh Graduate Can Get A Job In 2018 (457 Views)

As A Graduate Can You Do This? .... / "Wolf Of Wall Street" - 5 Mindsets Every Graduate MUST Have In 2018 / These 6 Tips Will Help You Get An Ideal Job In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How Fresh Graduate Can Get A Job In 2018 by 24hoursreporter: 6:58am On Jul 24, 2018
The quest to get a well-paying job is something that most fresh graduates have in common. Even though the Nigeria Labour Market is saturated, they never give up in the search of their new job. However, this article contains some tips on how fresh graduate can get a job in 2018.

Fresh graduates always find it difficult getting jobs in Nigeria. This is due to the fact that some of them don’t really understand the Labour Market.

I understand that feeling of trying all the best you could to get a job but prove abortive. Keep reading to discover the tips on how fresh graduate can get a job in 2018.

7 Tips On How Fresh Graduate Can Get A Job In 2018

#1 Prepare A Good CV and Cover Letter

the first tip on how fresh graduate can get a job in 2018 is to prepare a good resume and cover letter. Your CV can say a lot about you to a recruiter.

Provide vital information and don’t bore your potential employer with unnecessary details. Also, for every CV you are sending out, try to accompany it with a well-written cover letter.

#2 Visit Job Website For Latest Vacancy

In the past few years, dedicated job websites have helped many graduates get juicy job offers.

So, try to visit websites like , career24, hotnigeriansjobs.com etc, for the latest job vacancy in the country. This particular tip is very effective if you take it seriously.

#3 Submit Unsolicited Applications To Companies Online

Another great tip on how fresh graduate can get a job in 2018 is to submit unsolicited applications to companies online. Search for companies that are likely to need your skill and submit unsolicited applications to them.

This technique works for many people, it may work for you.

Read Also: Free PWC Past Questions and Answers

#4 Register With A Consulting Firm

Another good way to look for a job is to register with consulting firms. You can visit the website of Dragnet, PushCv, and many other firms.

#5 Gate Crash Interviews

I got my first job using this technique. Gatecrashing refers to attending aptitude test without invitation. Try to find your way around the security personnel by the gate to gain access to the test premises. Sincerely, this was how I got my first job.

#6 Create A Professional LinkedIn Account

Creating a professional LinkedIn Account is another great tip on how fresh graduate can get a job in 2018. The world is changing and most multinational companies now invite people for interview by checking their LinkedIn profile.

Most Recruitment professionals don’t pass through the hurdles of advertising vacancies anymore. What they do is to search for the person with the skill they need on LinkedIn. After which, they will invite such a person for an interview.

#7 Read For Attitude Test and Interview

As a job seeker, it is advisable to always study very hard for aptitude tests and interviews. It is really very frustrating when you are unable to get a job due to poor performance during aptitude tests and interview.

These are the tips on how fresh graduate can get a job in 2018. Apply them and tell the world your success story.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/07/24/tips-on-how-fresh-graduate-can-get-a-job-in-2018/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Tips On How Fresh Graduate Can Get A Job In 2018 by udoka55555: 7:11am On Jul 24, 2018
just what I needed...
but please post about business...
because jobs can only make you poor..
you work to provide finance for future businesses...
if not, your work is in vain
Re: Tips On How Fresh Graduate Can Get A Job In 2018 by 24hoursreporter: 8:01am On Jul 24, 2018
udoka55555:
just what I needed...

but please post about business...

because jobs can only make you poor..

you work to provide finance for future businesses...

if not, your work is in vain
True you have a point, but not everybody wants to do business. However, check www.24hoursreporter.com for business related articles.

(1) (Reply)

See Forth Coming NCAT Recruitment 2018 Requirements / Blue Sea Oil N Gas Recruitment 2018/19 - Still Pending - C Requirements / Vacancy Vacancy !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.