Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,934 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

GT5 Release Date Announced - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / GT5 Release Date Announced (1213 Views)

Gamescom2015 Mafia 3 Released Date Announced / FIFA 16 Release Date Likely September 2015 / Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GT5 Release Date Announced by kosovo(m): 10:23pm On Jun 15, 2010
Sony has finally announced the release date for Gran Turismo 5. During Sony's E3 Conference, they announced the release date for Polyphony Digital's big racer. The game will be fully playable in 3D and will be out  November  2nd   2010

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/gt5-release-date-announced-3994/
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by texazzpete(m): 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2010
it's no wonder you missed the Nintendo Keynote. How the heck can you be following E3 on a Playstation blog? What happened to Joystiq?
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by kosovo(m): 10:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
^^^
No, i did not, saw the 3DS and i must say that it was impressive . . .
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by texazzpete(m): 10:48pm On Jun 15, 2010
Yep, the 3DS definitely stole the show. the buzz this year is that Nintendo 'won' E3.
I must say that Microsoft definitely disappointed in this one. Sony's Move seems to be gaining momentum. I'll definitely be getting that.
Thank goodness no AAA title is coming soon. I need to finish my game backlog. i won't be buying GT5, i'm more of an arcade racer guy but it's looking pretty cool.

With 3DS out first, Sony's PSP2 is bound to feel the pressure. By the time it's launching next year, the install base of the 3DS will be HUGE. We'll see. . .
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by kosovo(m): 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2010
I can't agree that Nintendo won E3, but M$ had the worse showings. . . No more PS Exclusives to steal . .

Sony showed Games and that's what E3 is primarily about, Porter 2 and Twisted metal 2 definitely stole the show. I was disappointed though, No Resistance 3 and/or Agent anywhere angry
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by texazzpete(m): 6:41am On Jun 16, 2010
kosovo:

I can't agree that Nintendo won E3, but M$ had the worse showings. . . No more PS Exclusives to steal . .

Sony showed Games and that's what E3 is primarily about, Porter 2 and Twisted metal 2 definitely stole the show. I was disappointed though, No Resistance 3 and/or Agent anywhere angry

Well, that's what everyone is saying online. No real surprises in the Sony show, hardly any other exclusive AAA title landing in 2010 apart from GT5. 3d still remains an expensive gimmick in the eyes of the vast majority of consumers. Nothing really new on the Move side, to be honest. I don't think they showed anything that blew people away with the Move. It's certainly priced nicely.
Nintendo didn't show off nearly as many games as their rivals, but the impact of a new Zelda and a new Kirby game can't be neglected. Plus Metroid: Other M set to arrive later this year. But the show stealer here is most definitely the 3DS. Delaying the PSP2 will kill Sony - graphics are far less important on a handheld console and by the time the PSP2 comes around, the 3DS will have the installed base advantage.

Looking back, Microsoft's keynote wasn't that bad. Sure, on the game front they could have showed off a lot more activity, but the new added on features to the 360 are certainly interesting. if they price the Kinect well, they'll sell.
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by texazzpete(m): 6:42am On Jun 16, 2010
kosovo:

PS: Portal 2 wasn't exactly a show stealer. It's been announced for ages for the PC and probably for the 360 too. . .Twisted Metal 2 pretty much got a great impact though.
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by kosovo(m): 7:13am On Jun 16, 2010
Gabe was the last person anyone expected at the sony booth, after his continuous trash-talk on the PS3, it was unexpected and even saying the PS3 would have the superior version damaged everything . . . we knew Twisted metal 2 was coming . . . cheesy
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by texazzpete(m): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2010
kosovo:

Gabe was the last person anyone expected at the sony booth, after his continuous trash-talk on the PS3, it was unexpected and even saying the PS3 would have the superior version damaged everything . . . we knew Twisted metal 2 was coming . . . cheesy

That does not translate to being a 'show stealer'.

The Move section was kinda dissapointing, though. Not a lot of new stuff to show off there. Perhaps the show floor experience will wow the crowds, we'll see.
Re: GT5 Release Date Announced by n3rve(m): 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2010
Lol! I thought "GT" represented Grand Theft wink

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Is Waiting For Lassana Diarra To Be Sold / Any New Story Mode Video In Mortal Kombat XL? / Pes 2020 Offline 700mb English Version Update New Kits Best Hd Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.