Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 (7997 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Spain: 60% (6 votes)
Switzerland: 20% (2 votes)
Draw: 20% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Argentina Vs Switzerland World Cup (1 - 0) On 1st July 2014 / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2010
But Bayern Munich, Schalke and Bayern Leverkusen used the balls STRICTLY at their home games. . . . . .

So whose fault is it that Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, inter dont use the ball?

Adidas manufacture the balls for the Champions league, How come they Rooney's., Mssi, Ronaldo and co could score at the Champions league using balls made by Adidas
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Sauron1: 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2010
dayokanu:

And what happens to the contract signed by the EPl with Nike?

Now you get the drift. . . . .  .
Even though FIFA gave the adidas ball to all football associations. . . . . . .It was never kicked in England week in week out.
Nike have a contract with EPL till fuckknows. . . . .

Who is a neutral company and who is a biased company.  FIFA signed a contract with ADIDAS so what should become of that?

An independent company that can design a ball. Not Adidas, not Reebok, not Nike.
The company's name might be Okadigbo. They should just manufacture balls for FIFA events strictly.

FIFA released the ball 6 months ago to all football assocations so what else should FIFA have done.

FIFA shoulda known even if they had released the ball to football associations 20 years ago, it wouldn't be kicked in some leagues.
So what's the point. Some leagues have exclusive contracts with Sports brands and players will get used to the balls they kick in their domestic leagues than once-in-a-while FIFA events.

Only 25 goals scored in 16 World Cup matches. . . . . .
What a poor return.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2010
every association has their own contract and are obliged to honour it.

UEFA has with Adidas, How come the various leagues are not complaining that it gives the French league the edge

But when they lose they come up with ridiculous excuses that the ball was cubical in shape
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by medjai(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2010
I knew this favourite talk was goin to unsettle Spain. They have never performed well under the favourites tag eg France 98, Euro 2000, 2009 Confedrations cup Spains problem is the lack of a plan B. Once you park the plane, they have no answer. They needed to be more direct and an earlier introduction of Fabregas and Torres who have experience of playing direct and swashbuckling football of the EPL would have helped by providing them with another option rather than having possesion endlessly. Jabulani played its part too. Can that beach ball stay down from anything above a metre? Anyways, i tip Spain to bounce back but will really damage their psyche and mental strength is one thing the La Furia Roja are not known for
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by 9jarian: 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2010
medjai:

I knew this favourite talk was goin to unsettle Spain. They have never performed well under the favourites tag eg France 98, Euro 2000, 2009 Confedrations cup Spains problem is the lack of a plan B. Once you park the plane, they have no answer. They needed to be more direct and an earlier introduction of Fabregas and Torres who have experience of playing direct and swashbuckling football of the EPL would have helped by providing them with another option rather than having possesion endlessly. Jabulani played its part too. Can that beach ball stay down from anything above a metre? Anyways, i tip Spain to bounce back but will really damage their psyche and mental strength is one thing the La Furia Roja are not known for

That was some 900% returns on NaijaBet.com i'm gonna keep shopping for surprises grin
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by RuuDie(m): 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

now this is a shocker. . . . but it was always in the air with the way N.Korea performed against Brazil last night + the Swiss have a 1/2 decent side with very quality manager, there was always the possibility that they could be dangerous!
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by RuuDie(m): 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2010
jalether:

Dk stop making noise. what's so special about putting 9 men behind the ball. that's a default/automatic instinct of smaller or inferior teams to get

result against the big boys. so what's the big deal about negative footie?.

I never heard you say the same about Jose Mourinho & Inter when they packed the whole San-siro in front of their goal-mouth at the Nou camp earlier this year!
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2010
I never heard you say the same about Jose Mourinho & Inter when they packed the whole San-siro in front of their goal-mouth at the Nou camp earlier this year!

When Mourinho does it, he is genius, When Guus Hindick Chelsea does it vs barca they were efficient, Now Switzerland does it and heaven wan fall
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by jalether(m): 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2010
RuuDie:

And who told you I didn't criticise inter and jose for the negative approach they employed. check my post on the inter-barca thread

everyone on sport section knows I do not support negative footie even when my team is involved. why should anyone?
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by jalether(m): 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2010
dayokanu:

When Mourinho does it, he is genius, When Guus Hindick Chelsea does it vs barca they were efficient, Now Switzerland does it and heaven wan fall

Dig out any post where I made all these assertions or implications.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by RuuDie(m): 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2010
Why i do not suscribe to the "nazi conspiracy theory" . . . . . . . . but i do believe that having fore-knowledge of that ball might be, in no small way, aiding the german cause in this WC. . . . . take nothing away from their approach play which was superb that night; but looking at that match against all others they had so much mastery & control over the jabulani that you had to marvel, while other teams are so laboring!
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Ruudie,

Do you know how many chances Klose fluffed on the night? he to could have blamed the ball, Did you remember Ozil chipping the keeper but the ball refused to go in? He too could have blamed the ball etc.

In 2006, the same people complained about the ball
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Mariory(m): 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2010
People settle down. Spain lost to superior tactics. Football is about attack and defense. At the end of the day the Swiss had the better chances in front of goal and scored one of their chances. Spain have a lot of work to do.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by 9jafreak: 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2010
Hietzfield is a GENIUS

It doesn't matter if all your FiRST 11 are called Lionel Messi(s)
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Borat1: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2010
Spain lose to switzerland and dont even score!!
how the fu_ck is that possible? shocked
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2010
I dont know why u are all surprised ? Spain are perennial losers . . .Sauron, been telling u since ages !
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by obinna5000(m): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2010
When you expect Spain to perform wonders, they will always disappoint. Football is all about goals and not how many you missed on target.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mbulela: 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2010
why do we even need a new ball?
that is a question the over commercialized FIFA has not answered.
Very soon FIFA will charge for the oxygen in stadia.
everything is a money making venture.
it is ruining the game.
even accommodation in SA has been ruined cos FIFIA wants a piece of every pie.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mbulela: 3:13am On Jun 17, 2010
this group will be very interesting. As for the Spain, I wouldn't write them in as runners-up just yet. I can easily see Chile beating the Swiss (as the Chileans will have as many chances as Spain and the Swiss won't be lucky enough to have two teams in a row miss chance after chance), plus one can see Chile losing to Spain. Thus 2 or 3 teams will have 2 wins and it'll all come down to goal difference where if Spain racks up a bunch on Honduras (which they should), they'll still finish top of the group. The real question is whether or not the Swiss can break down Honduras on the final day after having become accustomed to packing it in themselves.it would be very interesting,indeed.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by lescey(m): 6:21am On Jun 17, 2010
MORINHO PHYLOSOPHY, , HE IS THE MAN THAT SHOW COACHES THE TACTICS ON HOW TO BEAT A CLUB THAT PLAY BEAUTIFUL FOOTBALL, JUST LIKE SPAIN, THEY PLAY SAME WAY LIKE BARCA, most of their starting eleven are from barcelona, ,,
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mufasa(m): 7:53am On Jun 17, 2010
There was one guy in the Chilean team. I think he was an attacker, his crosses and free kicks with the Jabulani was with 100% precision. The ball did exactly what he wanted it to do. I'm talking 10 in 10 quality crosses and free-kicks.
All those players should just hit the ball rightly and not expect magic from it.

Spain lost cos of better tacts by the Swiss. Del Bosque should have had Torres and Cesc in that game. Dunno why he decided to stick with La-Liga All Stars than to put out a team with better bite. This is game you go 4-2-4 with the one goal of maximal soddomizing. Hell they even had Senderos taken off in the 1st half.

I dont see an easy game against Chile, even Honduras too will not be easy.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 8:35am On Jun 17, 2010
Teams like Spain, Portugal and England should be ready for their early exits as usual.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by AjanleKoko: 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
Spain should get to the quarters, but they have to find a way to win the group, else they face Brazil, which will not be funny.
In the last four world cups, only the teams with mental strength have found a way to beat Brazil. In fact, it has only been France that have stopped Brazil since '94.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by lexibaba(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
Can't bliv spain cld loose to switzerland
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Spain should get to the quarters, but they have to find a way to win the group, else they face Brazil, which will not be funny.
In the last four world cups, only the teams with mental strength have found a way to beat Brazil. In fact, it has only been France that have stopped Brazil since '94.

what u wish is different from what makes reality ! tongue

Spain will fall badly !
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs England FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Tues.4 Oct 2016 2pm / Australia Vs Denmark: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 30th Nov 2022 / Is He The Most Ugliest Player In Afcon 2013 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.