Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP (18999 Views)

PDP Rep Caucus Moves To Endorse Wike As Atiku’s Running Mate / 2019 Imo Governorship: Moment Emeka Ihedioha & Tony Nwulu Campaigns Met / Mentally Deranged Man Slams Okorocha, Predicts Tony Nwulu As Next Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by kahal29: 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member of the House of Representatives representing Oshodi/Isolo Federal Constituency of Lagos State, and sponsor of the "Not Too Young to Run" bill, Tony Nwulu, has defected to the United Progressives Party (UPP).

The Imo State born lawmaker said his decision was in line with Section 68(g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and his bid to run for Imo State governorship seat in 2019.

"From today, I have resigned my membership of the PDP and joined the UPP. This is in accordance with Section 68(g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended)

"My choice of UPP is after due scrutiny and consultation as UPP remains the only party that will give young Nigerians the opportunity they seek."

"As you know, I am running for the governorship seat of Imo State in 2019, and I believe this is the right platform for me," Nwulu told journalists.

Asked if there was crisis in PDP, he added: "There has always been crisis in the PDP unless you don't want to admit it; in fact, crisis will never leave them."

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-lagos-pdp-rep-nwulu-defects-to-upp-262482.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Chizuru01(m): 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
What is wrong with these morons

Division in opposition camp will only grant victory to the enermy

Igbo Proverb says, Anyuko mamịrị ọnụ, ọgba ụfufụ

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by michlins(m): 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2018
Asked if there was crisis in PDP, he added: "There has always been crisis in the PDP unless you don't want to admit it; in fact, crisis will never leave them."

Nothing can be far from this truth

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Shukuakukobambi: 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2018
interesting

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by BankeSmalls(f): 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2018
The new undertaker that came to bury APC grin

29 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
BMC looking for stories Upandan cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by BankeSmalls(f): 8:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
michlins:

Nothing can be far from this truth

There's more crisis in APC that the one in PDP seems like a mild issue.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by DEXTROVERT: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
PDP
IF
YOU
BELIEVE
THEY
ARE
TAKING
OVER

FOR
APC
IF
YOU
BELIEVE
APC
IS
NOT
SHAKEN

28 Likes 96 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by froshsteve(m): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
kahal29:
)

"My choice of UPP is after due scrutiny and consultation as UPP remains the only party that will give young Nigerians the opportunity

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-lagos-pdp-rep-nwulu-defects-to-upp-262482.html
cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Madreed: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
Democrazy
Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Teewhy2: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
Can we say today is Nigeria's defection day.
Political parties how is transfer market going.
Same poo different loo.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Dadsmoji: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
That jamb party
Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by ObaIgwe1: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
kahal29:

lol... na curse... abi ewo ni ti epe? grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by kahal29: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Mmmmmh
Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by PearlStreet(m): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
UPP, not even APGA.

What happened to Nwulu is that he won the last elections in Oshodi Isolo Federal Constituency due to Federal might at that time and the large number of Igbo voters in that particular constituency.

Last year, Tony Nwulu and the Igbo members of the Lagos House of Assembly tried to decamp to the APC but were not allowed to decamp. They were told to remain in PDP and prepare to face the APC in 2019. They tried to beg Tinubu and others but were unsuccessful.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by BlueLORD: 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
This guy is fuulish. Why not remain in the national assembly to consolidate the rise you seem to have gained with this NTYTR Bill.

Small success just dey enter your head and you think you fit go win imo governorship when you have no grassroot there!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Chigeorge2015(m): 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Day dreamer
Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by laffwitmi: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2018

But idioticpigs wont agree with you Lol grin grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by lazynairalander1: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Political transfer window has opened. check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Sharpshooota: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
PDP needs a strong character to challenge rochas in imo state...

Nobody knows this dude or his credentials

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Czarugo007: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
See how you just use your hand kill your political career.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by hammer6F: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
kahal29:
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member of the House of Representatives representing Oshodi/Isolo Federal Constituency of Lagos State, and sponsor of the "Not Too Young to Run" bill, Tony Nwulu, has defected to the United Progressives Party (UPP).

The Imo State born lawmaker said his decision was in line with Section 68(g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and his bid to run for Imo State governorship seat in 2019.

"From today, I have resigned my membership of the PDP and joined the UPP. This is in accordance with Section 68(g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended)

"My choice of UPP is after due scrutiny and consultation as UPP remains the only party that will give young Nigerians the opportunity they seek."

"As you know, I am running for the governorship seat of Imo State in 2019, and I believe this is the right platform for me," Nwulu told journalists.

Y NOT STAY IN PDP AND RUN FOR LAGOS STATE GOV?

EVEN IF U KNOW WIN, IT IS BETTER THAN GOING ALL THE WAY TO IMO TO LOSE.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
Political prostitutes neither here nor there just after their own selfish interest if it can't be sure 4 them they tend to move and some ppl will be cheering them up...... SMH 4 all of una
Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by virginboy1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
Sai Baba still remains the worst president in Nigeria History.

Two times president, double failure.
Spitssss . embarassed

Zombies will quote me now... grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by jaybee3(m): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2018
Teewhy2:
Can we say today is Nigeria's deflection day.
Political parties how is transfer market going.
Same poo different loo.

Defection or Deflection?

I really don’t want to bother google today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by PMBtill2023: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
DEY DON DEY GO...ONE BY ONE
Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by KenOne: 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
APC shouldn't worry after PDP primaries then they'll know that they fetched an infested fire wood. Atiku, Shekarau,Lamido,Kwankwaso,Saraki,Bafarawa, Tambuwal, Tanimu Tukur, Dankwambo and Markarfi all in one party seeking for one ticket.

Oshiomhole should be mindful with his choice of word to avoid more problem in APC especially the beef with Ngige is uncalled for, Oshiomhole has an ego problem as a matter of urgency he should enrol on a diplomacy course.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by lecowas: 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hehehe, tell me another story grin. We'll only know the real people in a party by September. All this jubilation na jamboree but I love it

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by 21savages: 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
Czarugo007:
See how you just use your hand kill your political career.
Aswear
Re: Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP by GodIsBiafran: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha / Christian Iweka & Faith Obasuy Dump PDP / Yemi Osinbajo Attends National Prayer Breakfast Meeting In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.