Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing (24194 Views)

Uncontrollable Wildfires Rage In Canada As Thousands Evacuate Cities ( Pics) / Third Explosion Hits Kabul Airport, 80 Dead, 140 Injured (Pictures) / Kaylen Ward Raises $60k For Victims Of Australia Wildfires In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by TalkingBird: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
Surely the end.

mankind need a solution. one who can control nature.

marttol:
JEHOVAH PROTECT US!!! cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by ameh99: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
Painful....God see them through.

I build lithium power pack of any size.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by macaphan007(m): 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
kennygee:
End time fire
Na real end time fire.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by mclorenzo(m): 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
RIP

Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by talkyou: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
The only natural disaster we are having in Nigeria always comes the North either by Fulani or BOKO
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by dynicks(m): 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
arowstev2000:
Buhari y
trueking:
Buhari is our own wild fire.
......must u guys link me up with every mishap?...can't you people think positive of me for once?

Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by simplyOJ(m): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
This is huge. My heart with the people of Greece. Our own here are
man made disasters.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by HomeOfMe(f): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
EmagNig:
Greek authorities are looking for dozens of people missing after the deadly wildfires near Athens.

At least 80 people have died, and a search continues for survivors who fled the blaze, including those who took to the sea.

High winds spread the fire, trapping many in homes and vehicles and forcing others into the water as they tried to escape the flames.

The Greece wildfires is now widely reported to be the deadliest on record in Greece.

Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras has declared three days of mourning.

One father, Yiannis Philippopoulos, told Greek television his nine-year-old twin girls were still missing.

He said he had seen his daughters, Sophia and Vasiliki, alive on TV news footage as they got off a fishing boat that had rescued them. But he has not since heard from them or their grandparents, who had been with them earlier that day.

There is no formal count of the missing. The fire brigade has received dozens of calls, but is unable to verify the exact number.

Relatives of those reported missing have posted photographs of more than 30 people online in the hope of tracing their whereabouts.

Coastal patrol boats combed the shoreline on Wednesday, searching for survivors and bodies, while rescue teams searched houses and cars.

The number of injured, meanwhile, continues to grow, and stands at more than 180, including two dozen or so children. Tourists were also caught up in the blaze, including one British man who was treated for burns.

Others have been evacuated to temporary accommodation.

https://lailasnews.com/greece-wildfires-about-80-dead-and-many-more-still-missing/

What sort of fire is this? I hope it's not arson.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by OhiOfIhima: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
My sincere condolence to Ancient Greeks.... RIP to the departed souls.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by highminded: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lord please save us
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by magzey: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
trueking:
Buhari is our own wild fire.
In that case you will continue to roast till 2023 grin
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by bestower: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
The city of troy is on fire....
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by micflo28(m): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Fire disaster can never be fully avoided, more ingenious ways to combat it must be evolved. If you ever reach the ripe age of 100 in this ever dangerous world, be eternally grateful to God.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by ezigr8(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2018
RIP to the dead.
Hope is not caused by fight between god Thor and angry god of fire Loki.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by Goahead(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
So sad cry

But why is fire a reoccurring menace in Europe and North America? undecided
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by Optional09: 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
marttol:
JEHOVAH PROTECT US!!! cry cry cry

Some of us have hope of everlasting life on earth. So we are not bothered by these happenings. cool

1 Like

Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nigeria don't have natural disaster all we have is man made disaster which Buhari is one of them
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by fredoooooo: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
I think asylpolitics is the cause of that too cos everything in Europe is asylpolitics lipsrsealed
R.I.P to all the people that lost their lives
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by marttol: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
TalkingBird:
Surely the end.

mankind need a solution. one who can control nature.

ONLY THE SUPREME BEING
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by marttol: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
Optional09:

Some of us have hope of everlasting life on earth. So we are not bothered by these happenings. cool
lets at least show compassion on the victims
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by Optional09: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
marttol:
lets at least show compassion on the victims

Well, nothing is stopping us, I am sure they’re getting all the assistance they need, I sincerely simpatise with every region and people in crisis. Just drawing all of us to the importance of us a acquiring accurate knowledge of God and the need for us to understand the world we are currently living in and how we can at least have hope even if we lost our life to disaster

2 Likes

Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by pragmatistm(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
Truly speaking, these are the endtimes. Sincerely, last days. May God be with all in Greece facing this trying occurrence.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by Oxtertee(m): 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
What kind of katakata is dis? Nigeria is truly indeed blessed.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by salam1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
Temptee101:
shocked

Lord have mercy, every place with it's own natural disaster just like we have buhari, boko haram, herdsmen, fake pastors, politicians, APC etc..
same as we have fake people who form to know it all
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by wink2015(m): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2018
THE GREEK HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH FROM ECONOMIC DOWNTURN WHICH BROUGHT IN THE EU TO SAVE THEIR ECONOMY.

Now wild fire ravaging Greece.

I hope their ancient landmark, historical and cultural artifacts are saved from this nightmare.

GREECE EUROPE SUFFERING CHILD!
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by perdollar(m): 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
our own disaster, mallam buhari is more destructive than any disaster
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by Awoleesu(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hephaestus
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by Awoleesu(m): 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hephaestus!
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by blazer2018: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
Dukezaga:
I have never fully understood the mystery of this wildfire and not to talk of the fatality rate that follows. Is it that they don't feel the heat or fires approaching... #RIP to the dead

I think d main reason is because so many people would want to salvage some of their properties...plus the wild fire moves with d wind (especially at night)and encircle some settlements and towns (even major exit roads) making it difficult 4 some pple to escape.
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by olawonder(m): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Let them seek God’s forgiveness; many helpless lives were lost right there on Greek shores because these same citizens turned them away (claiming to be protecting their land), now that is. The land, and all its creatures belong to God!
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by GANAYAD: 8:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hmmmmmm.is nature meant to be distructive?
Re: Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing by NwaGodl1000(m): 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
Even the vegetations are not dry as in hamathan yet the fire goes wild

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Bukele Of El Salvador Has Deployed 4000 Soldiers To Three Communities / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone / Putin May Cite Ukraine War To Meddle In US Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.