Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Negligence Of Doctors Duty Caused My Daughter's Death-mrs. Mbamara - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Negligence Of Doctors Duty Caused My Daughter's Death-mrs. Mbamara (285 Views)

"Thousands Of Doctors Could Be Considering Leaving The UK" - GMC / Mass Resignation Of Doctors In Ondo Over Unpaid Wages / A Nigerian Family Of Doctors Based In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Negligence Of Doctors Duty Caused My Daughter's Death-mrs. Mbamara by marigot(f): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
The family of Mbamara has called for better approach by the government and other stakeholders in preventing and curtailing the negligence and recklessness of health practitioners in the country. The management of one of the top hospitals in Nigeria cut the life of Adaora Mbamara off as a result of poor self-examination.
According to an eye witnessed who narrated the sad incident to one of eDokita news correspondents said, “It was a very terrible story remembering how the beautiful future of Adaora, a twin of about 15 years was cut off”. There is need to improve on the commitment of the health care practitioners towards the lives of the patients. There should be criteria to evaluate the health care practitioners in the country as some of them lack the basic human relations ethics in their various fields; this made the patients in their care endangered. He added
“I ran into Mrs. Mbamara, the mother of the deceased in the hospital on that faithful day, she told me Adaora was on admission. I visited her in the ward and what I met got me dazed, she was shrunk and her tummy was protruding.” He said
In an interview with one of the family friends of Mbamara, who is a nurse, told our team that Adaora was diagnosed of ovarian cyst and that she was going to under-go operation. We were all happy as the operation was successful and she was discharged after few weeks when the doctors certified her fit to go home.
She added that few days after her discharge; “I went back to the hospital to enquire if the Doctors carried out tests on the second ovary, just to prevent future problem and why she was not placed on medications.” They gave me reasons which I considered flimsy, that made me ask if they check of her condition not being cancerous, some of the Doctors told me they did while one of them got angry with my questions and said my questions are unnecessary.
However, months after Adaora started losing weight and some scaring symptoms started re-occurring. She was puffy all over. We rushed her to a near-by hospital and she was admitted. After some tests were done, the doctor said the second ovary had developed a problem that she cannot under-go another operation within short period. It was sad that Adaora passed away that night.
Mrs. Mbamara burst into tears has she considered herself living without Adora is a life without hope, she told the eDokita that Negligence of doctors duty caused her daughter's death.

http://www.edokita.com/negligence-of-doctors-duty-caused-my-daughters-death-mrs-mbamara/

(1) (Reply)

NAFDAC Destroys Expired, Fake Products Worth N650M / Can An Artificial Teeth Be Whitened (dentist Report ) / What Are Some Types of Skin diseases?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.