Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder (32203 Views)

Fury calls Joshua a coward for failing to meet 5pm deadline. Fight called off / Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 / Anthony Joshua Given 24 Hours To Respond To $50m Offer To Fight Wilder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by koolaid87: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
AJ is a king. He holds all the titles and people expect him to be jumping up and down, seeking a bum. Just to prove what? AJ has proved himself. It's high time Wilder do the same.

AJ has everything to lose, so why can't wilder come down to Britain and fight him? He's scared of the ass whopping.

I'll bet a lot on AJ to finish wilder on knockout
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
koxi:

And you seriously think he is afraid?
yeah... $40m fight is not a bad idea... if he is not afraid he can fight the guy anywhere

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Twagrill(m): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There's nothing to study.
bro! there are various things to study oo... as if he's not going to study how DW Throw punches uselessly
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by longjon: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
Bigdeeee:

Spoken like a truly ignorant person! Why should AJ, a world champion with 4 belts be taking orders from a guy with just 1 belt? Why? Who does that? Why should Joshua fight in America? What an insult. Deontay Wilder is crazy stupid for thinking he can play emotional blackmail to control AJ to fight him on Wilder’s terms. Get it straight to your head. AJ > Wilder; AJ is the man to beat in this equation. Deontay Wilder is just another arrogant overrated street punk-ass African-American negro boxer with entitlement mentality that believes this fight should be handed over to him on a gold platter. If Wilder is ready to fight AJ, then let him agree to AJ’s terms and get his black arrogant ass on a flight to the UK. If he really wants to fight, he should come to the UK. Joshua is world class, and has defeated and keeps defeating world class champions. Who has Wilder defeated? Boxing nonentities that’s who. He has never fought a world class opponent in his career. The day he tries that, then we’ll know what he is really made of. Wilder my foot! undecided

Thank you
Wilder refused to fight Vladimir Klitschko. AJ fought him and won . There’s absolutely no way he afraid of wilder

And Tyson needs to shut his mouth . He dodged two attempts at a rematch with klitschko

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by toprealman: 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
when Mayweather was doing it, some peeps thought he is a fool. How many fights did he loose last last?
The biz part is equally important. AJ is playing smart unlike the loud mouth furry
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by IamFreshprince(m): 11:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
Mayweather is not in d same league with these people. They are in heavyweight category
ominilongest:
Baba dey fire..so na d same person one mumu dey tell me say e go beat mayweatheer b dz grin....

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
Twagrill:

bro! there are various things to study oo... as if he's not going to study how DW Throw punches uselessly

The wild useless random directionless punches needs to connect just once or twice n then there's a problem.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
longjon:

Thank you
Wilder refused to fight Vladimir Klitschko. AJ fought him and won . There’s absolutely no way he afraid of wilder

And Tyson needs to shut his mouth . He dodged two attempts at a rematch with klitschko

Klitchko has become very old at the time of that fight, I think he was 40 or 41...He probably did it for the money.

Most top fighters who are far younger than klitchko will beat him blue black.

Wilder will beat the old Vladimir Klitchko before the 2rd round.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
Bigdeeee:

Spoken like a truly ignorant person! Why should AJ, a world champion with 4 belts be taking orders from a guy with just 1 belt? Why? Who does that? Why should Joshua fight in America? What an insult. Deontay Wilder is crazy stupid for thinking he can play emotional blackmail to control AJ to fight him on Wilder’s terms. Get it straight to your head. AJ > Wilder; AJ is the man to beat in this equation. Deontay Wilder is just another arrogant overrated street punk-ass African-American negro boxer with entitlement mentality that believes this fight should be handed over to him on a gold platter. If Wilder is ready to fight AJ, then let him agree to AJ’s terms and get his black arrogant ass on a flight to the UK. If he really wants to fight, he should come to the UK. Joshua is world class, and has defeated and keeps defeating world class champions. Who has Wilder defeated? Boxing nonentities that’s who. He has never fought a world class opponent in his career. The day he tries that, then we’ll know what he is really made of. Wilder my foot! undecided

U can really type long top-notch nonsense...grin.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by nestorvoice: 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
Sirpaul:
na by force people dey carry person business for head like prayer point
I de weak for himooooo, make him no die on top of AJ matter.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
koolaid87:
AJ is a king. He holds all the titles and people expect him to be jumping up and down, seeking a bum. Just to prove what? AJ has proved himself. It's high time Wilder do the same.

AJ has everything to lose, so why can't wilder come down to Britain and fight him? He's scared of the ass whopping.

"" so why can't wilder come down to Britain and fight him? He's scared of the ass whopping.
""

Wilder has agreed to fight AJ in the U.K n still AJ refused, wilder also agreed to AJs terms to take very small money n AJ refused. AJ kept adding senseless clauses to the contract to stall the fight because he knows that he's not ready yet.

AJs team offered to give Wilder 12.5 million dollars for the fight, A fight that would easily generate over 100 million dollars. That's a 87.5% vs 12.5% sharing formula in favour of AJ. Isn't that really silly?

For example in the contract, AJ n his managers/crew slated that if AJ loses he will get a rematch but if wilder loses, wilder won't get a rematch.

Wilder obviously wouldn't come to Europe to fight then take little money, far smaller than Joshua......With such clauses from AJs side, Wilder will insist on fighting in the U.S
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by k199192: 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Fury is just an envious, frustrated "has-been" who is still battling with his cocaine addiction and mental health issues. Both Wilder and Joshua are undefeated, but Joshua is 5 years younger and he has a good record against aggressive fighters like Wilder as proved against Carlos Takam.

Joshua did not even refuse to fight Wilder, he just decided to postpone the Wilder fight until he fights a mandatory title defence against Alexander Povetkin on 22nd September.

Joshua avoided wilder simple. If he fought wilder then it would cancel out the mandatory thing. He was scared like a chicken. I hope povetkin beats him.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
femeritus:
People just talk without giving AJ any chance at all as if he's one primary school child fighting a pro boxer. Take your time and watch some of his fights and you know he's got all that Wilder has and probably more. Please give AJ some respect. No heavyweight boxer, I repeat, no heavyweight boxer is a push over. Watch AJ /Parker, AJ/Klitchsco and many more and say whether he's a pushover. For me, the fight between AJ and Wilder is 50/50. It can go either way but one thing is certain, it's going to be VERY TOUGH for both of them. AJ shouldn't and cannot be bullied to submission by Wilder as to the terms of the agreement. As AJ is taking on his mandatory challenger, Wilder should take on Dylian White who is currently challenging him and stop ducking. AJ is the man to beat. The fight may eventually turn out to be comparable to that between David and Goliath.

"" he's got all that Wilder has and probably more ""

AJ is not ready yet so he's slotting impossible conditions in the fight contract to stall the fight.

AJs isn't ready and him n his team knows that.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by k199192: 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
[quote author=PrecisionFx post=69707598]

"" so why can't wilder come down to Britain and fight him? He's scared of the ass whopping.
""

Wilder has agreed to fight AJ in the U.K n still AJ refused, wilder also agreed to AJs terms to take very small money n AJ refused. AJ kept adding senseless clauses to the contract to stall the fight because he knows that he's not ready yet.

AJs team offered to give Wilder 12.5 million dollars for the fight, A fight that would easily generate over 100 million dollars. That's a 87.5% vs 12.5% sharing formula in favour of AJ. Isn't that really silly?

For example in the contract, AJ n his managers/crew slated that if AJ loses he will get a rematch but if wilder loses, wilder won't get a rematch.

Wilder obviously wouldn't come to Europe to fight then take little money, far smaller than Joshua......With such clauses from AJs side, Wilder will insist on fighting in the

if you did not follow the Joshua and hearn drama stop saying what you do not know. Wilder accepted everything that Joshua asked for, in the end they came up with another excuse of mandatory title challenge. Wilder agreed to go to Britain for even less money. He accepted to take a flat rate which no heavyweight champion has ever agreed because it's a let down but Joshua and his manager were so scared coming up with excuses upon excuses.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
macaphan007:
I've been follow their banter even before Parker vs AJ so I know what am saying,the only reason AJ needs to fight Wilder is to unify all the belts WBC is not so special,if it was Wilder will be popular in the US,dude can't pull a crowd in his own country,I feel he should fight AJ in the UK then a rematch in the US,he shouldn't be the one dictating where he wants the fight.

With all the advantage AJs has slotted in the fight contract, It's easy to see why wilder wants to fight in the US

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by themonk(m): 12:15am On Jul 26, 2018
chronique:

Dude, I should say you are the one who is clueless about boxing. I watched the fight and I can tell you wilder's height was a massive advantage for him. Tyson and Ortiz do not have the same level of skill. A good boxer would suffer against an equally good but taller boxer. Height in boxing is an advantage anyday,anytime.
Ortiz is the most skilled fighter in the Heavyweight division right now. He has the best amateur record ever and his skill is on Mike Tysons level. It's okay sha, you can believe what you want to.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by delors(m): 2:00am On Jul 26, 2018
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by zoogy2007: 2:25am On Jul 26, 2018
I dont think Joshua should be fighting Wilder at this time. He needs to make more money for himself before he fights Wilder because a loss to Wilder (which is very possible ) will diminish his negotiating power for future fights. So the smart thing to do is to fight other heavyweights first before eventually going for the ultimate price.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Ogbenimax(m): 3:58am On Jul 26, 2018
ozoebuka1:
I like Nigerians because they don't make research but will be opening their mouth like yoruba people... You will see them shouting wilder will beat Joshua but in reality, they've never watch both of them fight different opponents to know who may win the fight...

It took grace for wilder to beat Ortiz but with Joshua, anyone can carry the day... There's no guarantee for any of them. undecided
ur brain need AJ left punch for saying that undecided
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by drkay(m): 5:00am On Jul 26, 2018
Wilder doesn't look like the person anyJoshua can touch.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by chinnyonwu(m): 6:00am On Jul 26, 2018
ozoebuka1:
I like Nigerians because they don't make research but will be opening their mouth like yoruba people... You will see them shouting wilder will beat Joshua but in reality, they've never watch both of them fight different opponents to know who may win the fight...

It took grace for wilder to beat Ortiz but with Joshua, anyone can carry the day... There's no guarantee for any of them. undecided
See how you're spewing rubbish. How did it take Grace for wilder to beat Ortiz? Wilder KOed Ortiz and beat the siht out of him till he was drooling saliva uncontrollably.
On the other hand, joshua won Parker on points. Who will you say used grace to win?

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by chinnyonwu(m): 6:11am On Jul 26, 2018
koolaid87:

You must love blind argument cos its no hidden secret wilder agreed to fight AJ in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by agbitaj(m): 7:21am On Jul 26, 2018
dominique:
Fear of losing his belts
If he doesn't take up this Wilder challenge, his credibility as a super boxer will start to diminish
don't say wat u don't Knw.. if u are a boxing fan and follows up u would Knw who's hiding from the fight
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Twagrill(m): 7:33am On Jul 26, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The wild useless random directionless punches needs to connect just once or twice n then there's a problem.
and when the problem comes, he knows how to deal with it. He can come back
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Day11(m): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2018
Who has wilder fought?
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2018
delors:
Any one with data on their phone could Google up 'call outs'. But it takes a sound mind to connect what I said previously in response to your comment with the dates on the call-out links you posted above.

If u know boxing well enough n u know both adversaries, U would clearly see why AJ isn't willing to fight Wilder.

AJ is a solid boxer, but he's not yet ready to face wilder n AJs manager knows this n since 2016 (Wen wilder started calling out AJ) has made sure the fight didn't happen.

Wilder is much more experienced than AJ with 40 fights with 39 knockouts against AJs 21 fights and he's around 4 or 5 years older as well.

Also AJ isn't built to fight the kind of aggressive n devilish fighting style of wilder. Wilder has much more physical energy than AJ and he gives no breathing space to his opponents, He keeps blasting wild n useless but extremely heavy punches n once he connects twice, His opponent (No matter how good he is) runs into trouble.

AJ n his team are buying time, They are waiting for AJ to rack up more fight n more experience on preparation for the big day, The are also waiting for Wilder to get older n weaker before the fight takes place.

Wen AJ will be ready, We will all know because no delays arguments based on agreements will come up.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2018
koolaid87:

""I'll bet a lot on AJ to finish wilder on knockout""

Deotony Wilder has never been knocked down in his professional career, Talk more of knockout.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 26, 2018
Day11:
Who has wilder fought?
Boxers.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2018
Twagrill:

and when the problem comes, he knows how to deal with it. He can come back

For now he can't come back, And that's because he's not ready for Wilder.

He will further delay the fight while he racks up more wins and gets more experience to face wilder.

He's not ready now.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by mixta14: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2018
DW guy couldn't face old klitschko ... you dey complain about person wey beat am hands down .... DW should go fight those boxer too now ... DW can't stand AJ with that is rubbish pattern. .. AJ will knock him down before 5th round .... he can't even stand parker sef ... he should fight white .... AJ fights better boxers that's why he rakes in more money .... AJ is not suppose to be dictating in the fight if not that DW is not in his level ....
People start saying trash here like he doesn't want to fight DW ...
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by McCobble(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2018
RexTramadol1:
He's nuh fighting Wilder ....let him be

Izit ya 40m?

But serious that wilder dey beat people like say Na aluwo (hit and drop).
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by McCobble(m): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
ozoebuka1:
You know the two very well, i can deduce that from your post. Wilder fights like a tout while Joshua fights like a pro...wilder fights like a beast and tends to instill fear in his opponents and the fans making him seem like the strongest.. He throws wide and wild punches without protecting himself with Joshua who's more technical and intimidating like him, Joshua has a chance. If I'm asked to bet between the two, seriously i will give Joshua the win even though i know that wilder has an upper odd to win considering his fighting pattern, age difference and lifestyle... My annoyance is that people shout as if Joshua has no chance at all.

You people shout that Joshua is afraid when Joshua has already accepted to fight him wilder next year...

Telling me to go watch them on YouTube is annoying because I'm very sure I've burnt more data on YouTube watching their individual fights, weaknesses, knockouts and comparisons. So, i know what I'm talking. Wilder maybe stronger and older but Aj has more technicality.

I believe Aj has been delaying their fight because he's got more to lose and he needs more time to arrange himself to face a wild fighter like wilder.
Best comment so far, big ups you bro! wilder fights like untamed beast (throwing all caution to the winds) while AJ is like mayweather of heavyweight category (always exploiting the weakness of his opponent).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Full House As Musa And Onuachu Arrive At Super Eagles Camp. / Elon Musk: I Am 'buying Manchester United ' / #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.