Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Why I Dumping APC - Governor Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Dumping APC - Governor Ortom (424 Views)

Tambuwal Addressing His Supporters While Dumping APC For PDP / Abdulfatah Ahmed Hints Of Dumping APC / Saraki Opens Up On Dumping APC, Says "Don’t Push Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Dumping APC - Governor Ortom by LadyNaija(f): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state who resigned as a member of the state chapter of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) disclosed that he decided to take the action because the party continued to launch attacks on him.

The Punch reports that Governor Ortom who on Wednesday, July 25 defected to the Peoples Democratic Party said 10 out of the 17 state lawmakers elected on the platform of the APC are ready to follow him to PDP.

Ortom made the declaration of his defection during a meeting with local government chairmen and councillors at the new banquet hall of Government House, Makurdi.

It was learnt that thirteen local government chairmen and 276 councillors were in attendance. Ortom said: “The state chapter has continued to launch an attack on me. Despite the intervention of APC national leadership. This morning, I had wanted to go to Abuja to attend the meeting but some youths in the state refused, they asked me to go back. “But let me formally inform this gathering that I have forwarded my resignation letter from the APC to the chairman of my council ward and he has promised to join me in the new party.

“As I talk to you, ten (10) out of seventeen (17) state lawmakers of All Progressive Congress, APC are ready to follow me to the new party. May I formally announce to you that I have formally moved to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.” 

https://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/07/apc-in-benue-has-continued-to-launch-an-attack-on-me-ortom-give-reason-for-dumping-party/
Re: Why I Dumping APC - Governor Ortom by Pusyiter(m): 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
I laff in Chinese....were you truly of the APC?
You were only an opportunist who joined the party 24hours before their primaries because PDP denied you the ticket.
Only Nigeria Politicians vomit in the morning and eat their vomit for lunch in the afternoon.

(1) (Reply)

Uwvie Local Govt Staffs In Charge Of Pvc Collecting 1000# To Get Pvc / It’s Insentivity Kwankwaso Buzz Off To Pdp / Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite ―soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.